Hotkeys... 10 not 5?

RobMonty.3719

I suggest we can set hotkeys for each weapon set seperatly as well as each utility skills. So for instance, weapon skills to be 1 - 10, not 1 -5. And likewise for the utilities. 10 possibly key configurations, not just 5 .This would help players out dramatically as well as being able to disable the (Enter + Tab) swap chat box thing that only makes bad things happen in PVP as well as being able to change the (Ping Map) from the left Shift to any key...

Yea, big help here...

> @"RobMonty.3719" said:

> I suggest we can set hotkeys for each weapon set seperatly as well as each utility skills. So for instance, weapon skills to be 1 - 10, not 1 -5. And likewise for the utilities. 10 possibly key configurations, not just 5 .This would help players out dramatically as well as being able to disable the (Enter + Tab) swap chat box thing that only makes bad things happen in PVP as well as being able to change the (Ping Map) from the left Shift to any key...

>

> Yea, big help here...

Why though? Only 10 weap+utility skills are visible at the time, so there's no point of having 20 buttons in total for those, when 10 do the job.

> @"LaGranse.8652" said:

> Your suggestion would make it worse. Why have 20 buttons bound to skills when only 10 will be available at any given time? Also how many buttons do you think people have within reach on their kb? I am short on keys already without 10 extra ones needed.

Maybe OP just wants to custom change order of skills on some weapons.

ahh yea, well i use a 12 button mouse, many good points here... Would be awesome for me, but maybe not for people who have regular mouse styles.

I just want to map left side weapon skills separate from each weapon swap.

Hot keying my number pad to my mouse for (weapon 1, 1-5), (weapon 2, 6-0)

But again, this option could have variables so people do not have to have 10 buttons as well.

Anet could think up a little more options for people with multi key mice...

Anyhow... so it is..

> @"RobMonty.3719" said:

> ahh yea, well i use a 12 button mouse, many good points here... Would be awesome for me, but maybe not for people who have regular mouse styles.

>

> I just want to map left side weapon skills separate from each weapon swap.

>

> Hot keying my number pad to my mouse for (weapon 1, 1-5), (weapon 2, 6-0)

>

> But again, this option could have variables so people do not have to have 10 buttons as well.

> Anet could think up a little more options for people with multi key mice...

>

> Anyhow... so it is..

>

Why...? I use a 12 button mouse too. GW2 weapon swapping is a godsend. Don't need 50 million keybinds... No, just no.

most weapon skills do same-ish things on 1-5

1 being AA

2 being a dps/burst(of any sort) skill with very low cd

3 tends to be utility like boons or (soft)cc on a slightly higer cd

4 tends to be utility or cc

5 tends to be (hard)cc or big numbers (heal, damage and cc alike) on a high cooldown.

1 and 2 being very consistent (not too many exceptions)

3-5 are less consistent but trendy

cooldowns increasing from 1-5 very consistend too

isnt it already sorted, so that you do not need to rearrange/sort skills entirely for each weapon swap?

for me it feels like i described and there are only a couple of profession mechanics and weapons that are a bit wonky to do similar things on similar buttons/positions (issues with muscle memory and therefore pressing "wrong" skills)