Not even 1 BOSS/Meta!

Anhellbro.7210

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what PoF's CD map really lack is a larger chain of metas. Sure we DO have meta events in CD but they are like 2 chain at most? Make them longer, like how core tyria had. If you succeed in the event, proceed, else it fails and trigger another event. HoT events mostly just ends immediately if we fail.

Not sure why people say the lack of bosses when bounty already cover that. Sometimes I just prefer to defend a certain objective/npc and fight waves of mobs instead of just 1 boss.

What a stupid comments! Use brain, for me META mean epic adventures! chain of events wis unic bosses, fun cooperative massive events, all EVENTS before hot was almost meta Arah, Centavt Taida ets. bosses like Tequatl other Shattere karka. BEST thing in whole game ITS dragon stand LOL after 1 button Zhaitan trash its best thing heppened 2 GW2 when last VILIAN OF XPAC against whole fkin server of players! I dont care about farm grind WTF WHO NEED In gw2 GOLD? We dont have gear progression LMAo im have full acsendent at first week of playing...... AND AGAIN READ im complite all new chanins of events maf of tormet and other its like Orr tample nothing more. and wtf WHERE IS NEW world bosses? Its so hard create 1 boss for us?

I was (and am, really) certainly one of those who did not like aspects of the map-wide HoT events. For me, they are too long, and needing to be on at a specific time means I seldom did chain events like Dragon's Stand. However, I am a bit disappointed to see that ANet has not included at least one such chain in PoF.

During the many discussions of the HoT metas (and believe me, there were a lot), it became apparent that a lot of posters were on both sides. As the discussions evolved, it seemed to me that it would be in ANet's best interests to cater to both meta haters and meta lovers going forward. After all, the more people they can cater to, the more people who are likely to stick around.

What I hope, going forward, is that ANet addresses this lack in LS4. It's not that I want all LS4 maps to be DS-like metas. However, I think something a bit more involved, even if it's a EJW or Teq-style event cluster, would go a long way towards sating those who developed a taste for such.

I like metas. But POF maps also feels more relaxing and simpler. There are bounty runs often in LFG and commanders and all. Also keep in mind these maps are a LOT more massive so if you don't see as many people around it's more that people are scattered over the massive map and it takes time to travel from spot to spot on mounts. At the moment people are also running their stories, collections and so on. Once more players finish all their base content they may move on to more bounty run trains etc and you'll see more groups. I solod everything myself too, I was very focused on exploring all the new content and kind of didnt want to wait to form a group and I think most are occupied with things right now.

> @sorudo.9054 said:

> i actually love that meta isn't in PoF, finally an expansion for the casuals.

I am casual and I am going back to HoT as soon as I am done with the story. World is dynamic and fun there, while Pof is static and feels dead and boring to me.

As a casual, I am looking for fun, dynamic places because exploring those for whatever time I have for the game is more fun to me. I can actively be doing something and things will pop out around me to which I have to react, whether is to avoid them or choosing to participate in them. There is life in that.

PoF maps though feel like they are geared towards hardcore farmers instead. Overabundance of high level nodes, static events they can categorize by time/reward ratio to be sure they optimize their farm time and only activate events that give the highest outcome. Static bosses that can be started any time on the spot for easy bounty zerg train (and to me just zerging things with people for fast rewards and no challenge is boring). I am never going to be a hardcore farmer, so as post-story environment, these maps have little to no appeal to me.

There are meta.

Meta are not by nature required to be zone wide like in AB with the golden city.

The Hirathi Highland event that depending on the time chains into the legendary boss is a meta but does not pull the whole zone into it.

The meta should be a chained event that has a large inpact on a area in the zone.

The meta should have a trackable info window that apears on the right.

Pof examples of events...

The "rock" in the riverlands with flameseeker tablets

The forged foundry in vabbi with the 2 legendary mobs at the bottom.

These work the same as the Hirathi Highlands centaur meta.

Still meta just not like how HoT was with there meta that forced the whole zone to change and not just a section.

> @ohericoseo.4316 said:

> There are meta.

> Meta are not by nature required to be zone wide like in AB with the golden city.

> The Hirathi Highland event that depending on the time chains into the legendary boss is a meta but does not pull the whole zone into it.

> The meta should be a chained event that has a large inpact on a area in the zone.

> The meta should have a trackable info window that apears on the right.

>

> Pof examples of events...

> The "rock" in the riverlands with flameseeker tablets

> The forged foundry in vabbi with the 2 legendary mobs at the bottom.

>

> These work the same as the Hirathi Highlands centaur meta.

> Still meta just not like how HoT was with there meta that forced the whole zone to change and not just a section.

Well you got a point here, put the fact that i don´t even know that there is a meta event with a legendary boss speaks for itself. (maby a one time thing? i will try it)

We will see about the other metas and there replayability in terms of fun/loot ratio.

Would have hoped for a SW Meta, player driven, without a fixed spawntime.

> @Vladish.3940 said:

> > @sorudo.9054 said:

> > i actually love that meta isn't in PoF, finally an expansion for the casuals.

>

> I am casual and I am going back to HoT as soon as I am done with the story. World is dynamic and fun there, while Pof is static and feels dead and boring to me.

>

> As a casual, I am looking for fun, dynamic places because exploring those for whatever time I have for the game is more fun to me. I can actively be doing something and things will pop out around me to which I have to react, whether is to avoid them or choosing to participate in them. There is life in that.

>

> PoF maps though feel like they are geared towards hardcore farmers instead. Overabundance of high level nodes, static events they can categorize by time/reward ratio to be sure they optimize their farm time and only activate events that give the highest outcome. Static bosses that can be started any time on the spot for easy bounty zerg train (and to me just zerging things with people for fast rewards and no challenge is boring). I am never going to be a hardcore farmer, so as post-story environment, these maps have little to no appeal to me.

EU or NA? The maps are anything but dead in NA.

Have you tried doing achievements?

Also it's odd you find PoF geared towards "hardcore players", that's how I see HoT and SW (farming metas 10 hours daily).

I never grind bounties, just do legendaries and maybe a few champs and then do something else. Other times if I don't want a challenge I skip bounties altogether.

Back on topic: I like meta-events and I don't.

I like metas because they offer a grand experience that involves groupwork from multiple ends to work out a cause that eventually succeeds. Getting heaps of treasure from the events is really nice too. The metas feel like there are other people there with you, because there are. Once the meta is completed, everyone joins for rewards and it just feels so community-driven at how many people there were doing the event with you.

However that's about it. After re-doing the metas, you feel that the only reason revisiting the map is worth for, is the meta. The metas become stale and, well, for explorative players like myself, become rather bland.

Dragon's Stand has already gotten tiring for me, and I've only done it around 7-8 times.

However what I agree with is PoF needed some meta events. Definitely not in all the maps.

I don't to revisit all my PoF maps only to see them empty except for specially-marked "meta event areas" (such as Octovine lanes, Ley-Line Confluence Tunnels).

Silverwastes is an example of an excellent meta event map. The events are minor, so can all be soloed, but the meta event is too good to pass up AND you see players EVERYWHERE. Unlike the HoT maps where during metas the entire map is mostly empty except for the meta event areas.

They could have split two halves of Desert Highlands so that the branded side could be a meta event (save the camps from being captured by branded, and fight Kralkatorrik's minion in Glint's Lair after a resistance has been made, or something).

Tl;dr: metas are good and bad, but having a few will get rid of the bad

Happy with no metas. The worst part of HoT were the maps being designed around meta events. It made the game feel like a platform arcade game - like a raw game element was designed and then art tacked on top of it. Add in the crappy timers and the constant barrage of notifications, and I don't think it could be less immersive if that was the goal.

> @Anhellbro.7210 said:

> What a stupid comments! Use brain, for me META mean epic adventures! chain of events wis unic bosses, fun cooperative massive events, all EVENTS before hot was almost meta Arah, Centavt Taida ets. bosses like Tequatl other Shattere karka. BEST thing in whole game ITS dragon stand LOL after 1 button Zhaitan trash its best thing heppened 2 GW2 when last VILIAN OF XPAC against whole kitten server of players! I dont care about farm grind kitten WHO NEED In gw2 GOLD? We dont have gear progression LMAo im have full acsendent at first week of playing...... AND AGAIN READ im complite all new chanins of events maf of tormet and other its like Orr tample nothing more. and kitten WHERE IS NEW world bosses? Its so hard create 1 boss for us?

Trying to read this burned out a few of my brain cells.

> @Abelisk.4527 said:

> Tl;dr: metas are good and bad, but having a few will get rid of the bad

Wouldn't that move all the people only to meta maps?

I can understand that witout a "meta" or a commander which do a train with all the events some players could feel not at ease, but if you give a meta map out of 5, it's my guess, then probably you'll see the most of the into that map, and there will be requests to have others map like that one as well.

edit: it's not that i am against meta, but i was considering the fact to eventually rework all maps instead of few.

GW2 has always been about METAs for me, it's something that makes GW2 unique compared to other MMOs like WoW (haven't played every MMO on the market so I might be wrong). I honestly don't want a huge META map back like Dragon's stand but events like Tarir which only cover a part of the map would be nice. I mean the PoF maps are HUGE, there is more than enough space to make at least a **regional META event** (e.g. an attack on the bone palace on the Desolation map, something huge in the destroyed Vaabi palace or an event leading to the hall of ascension with the possibility of purchasing unique armors sets there).

I would also be happy with new world bosses dropping some nice weapon skins or sth similar (like Jormag). At least something you can do REPEATEDLY because right now I see the maps kinda dying out as soon as players completed the story and the griffon mount. Honestly why farm bounties? Players will get tired of them very soon too.

For now I'll just finish my griffon mount and then probably won't touch the game until new content arrives.

> @Metavahn.7293 said:

> there's a million people doing bounty rushes...dont know what you mean about "desert is a desert" lol...

Because it's still the initial rush and people are doing them for achievements/unlocks, once everyone has unlocked their stuff there's no reason to do them anymore. And that doesn't take a lot at all, you can get all the bounty related achievements in 3-4h with a decent bounty train.

And bounty trains will become even less common than HP trains soon, since bounty related stuff is account wide and not character specific like HPs.

Unless they buff the rewards or give bounties a meaningful repeatable incentive soon.

> @TheRandomGuy.7246 said:

> I like how even dev on stream said that GW2 is unique because it is pretty much the only mmo where you can see hundred people fight a giant dragon in a big open world event. Aaaand then few days later they release PoF.

they were right, you can fight the shatterer, tequatl and the claw of jormag. so whats your problem exactly?

> @Shadowresli.3782 said:

> > @TheRandomGuy.7246 said:

> > I like how even dev on stream said that GW2 is unique because it is pretty much the only mmo where you can see hundred people fight a giant dragon in a big open world event. Aaaand then few days later they release PoF.

>

> they were right, you can fight the shatterer, tequatl and the claw of jormag. so whats your problem exactly?

His point is that they haven't added more of what makes GW2 unique in the brand new expansion.

> @bOTEB.1573 said:

> > @Shadowresli.3782 said:

> > > @TheRandomGuy.7246 said:

> > > I like how even dev on stream said that GW2 is unique because it is pretty much the only mmo where you can see hundred people fight a giant dragon in a big open world event. Aaaand then few days later they release PoF.

> >

> > they were right, you can fight the shatterer, tequatl and the claw of jormag. so whats your problem exactly?

>

> His point is that they haven't added more of what makes GW2 unique in the brand new expansion.

what made GW2 unique is the freedom of exploration, the players have demanded meta events.

better yet, the reason why ppl bought GW2 is because we expected big dynamic events that chained changes in the world, none of that has ever become a reality.

for me, before PoF the game was nothing more then a bare bone game where any and all experiments failed, PoF actually made me like the game again.