Not all weapon skins available in vouchers, huh?

I've been waiting for over a year to be lucky enough to catch the God-slayer bow pack in the gem store, and as far as I can tell it's only been there once in the last year, conveniently when I wasn't playing.

I saw the Black Lion Vouchers and thought that was the key to finally grabbing it, but when I checked the list of skins, it looks like it's the only one that's purchasable in the gem store that's not there. Really ANet? Is it that special?

Maybe they don't want you to slay any more gods because that might be bad for the ambient magic levels as well? /lore

On the other hand - ANet is pretty well known for their artificial scarcity approach to many (if not most) items from the gem store. And you are very right about this being infuriating if you want a specific skin.

> @"SmirkDog.3160" said:

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > Maybe because it is only found in a bundle rather than just the skin itself being directly purchasable..?

>

> They could literally just sell them separately. It's a non-issue.

No, it is very much the issue I suspect. A technical issue because, as I said, the two skins were sold as a “pack”.

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > @"SmirkDog.3160" said:

> > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > Maybe because it is only found in a bundle rather than just the skin itself being directly purchasable..?

> >

> > They could literally just sell them separately. It's a non-issue.

>

> No, it is very much the issue I suspect. A technical issue because, as I said, the two skins were sold as a “pack”.

>

>

And they've been able to sell outfits and weapon skins as part of large bundles, yet somehow manage to make them available separately. Almost as if it's fully possible to have both.

I'd like to know what insight you have about why it's literally impossible for them to do it. What technical feats are too great for them to separate two items? Don't be afraid to get really detailed and complex. I'll try to follow.

> @"SmirkDog.3160" said:

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > @"SmirkDog.3160" said:

> > > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > Maybe because it is only found in a bundle rather than just the skin itself being directly purchasable..?

> > >

> > > They could literally just sell them separately. It's a non-issue.

> >

> > No, it is very much the issue I suspect. A technical issue because, as I said, the two skins were sold as a “pack”.

> >

> >

>

> And they've been able to sell outfits and weapon skins as part of large bundles, yet somehow manage to make them available separately. Almost as if it's fully possible to have both.

>

> I'd like to know what insight you have about why it's literally impossible for them to do it. What technical feats are too great for them to separate two items? Don't be afraid to get really detailed and complex. I'll try to follow.

Easy tiger. You asked why, I told you why. No more, no less. I’m not defending or excusing Anet here.

There’s no need to jump down my throat.

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > @"SmirkDog.3160" said:

> > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > @"SmirkDog.3160" said:

> > > > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > > Maybe because it is only found in a bundle rather than just the skin itself being directly purchasable..?

> > > >

> > > > They could literally just sell them separately. It's a non-issue.

> > >

> > > No, it is very much the issue I suspect. A technical issue because, as I said, the two skins were sold as a “pack”.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > And they've been able to sell outfits and weapon skins as part of large bundles, yet somehow manage to make them available separately. Almost as if it's fully possible to have both.

> >

> > I'd like to know what insight you have about why it's literally impossible for them to do it. What technical feats are too great for them to separate two items? Don't be afraid to get really detailed and complex. I'll try to follow.

>

> Easy tiger. You asked why, I told you why. No more, no less. I’m not defending or excusing Anet here.

>

> There’s no need to jump down my throat.

>

>

You said there was a technical issue preventing them from doing it, so it's not exactly unexpected to assume you know what you're talking about, and not just guessing. Back up your claims. Provide sources.

> @"SmirkDog.3160" said:

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > @"SmirkDog.3160" said:

> > > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > > @"SmirkDog.3160" said:

> > > > > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > > > Maybe because it is only found in a bundle rather than just the skin itself being directly purchasable..?

> > > > >

> > > > > They could literally just sell them separately. It's a non-issue.

> > > >

> > > > No, it is very much the issue I suspect. A technical issue because, as I said, the two skins were sold as a “pack”.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > And they've been able to sell outfits and weapon skins as part of large bundles, yet somehow manage to make them available separately. Almost as if it's fully possible to have both.

> > >

> > > I'd like to know what insight you have about why it's literally impossible for them to do it. What technical feats are too great for them to separate two items? Don't be afraid to get really detailed and complex. I'll try to follow.

> >

> > Easy tiger. You asked why, I told you why. No more, no less. I’m not defending or excusing Anet here.

> >

> > There’s no need to jump down my throat.

> >

> >

>

> You said there was a technical issue preventing them from doing it, so it's not exactly unexpected to assume you know what you're talking about, and not just guessing. Back up your claims. Provide sources.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Same goes for Gliders/Backpacks that were only sold as Bundles; you'll not find them acquirable separately with the Vouchers.