【Need help】I‘m lv80 now,but,i don't know what to do next!

Hi all,

I have a lv80 Revenant now,I bought the all the dlc ,and i have the Raptor last night~

My question is,i don‘t know what to do next!i buy a set of rare equips from store,but how should i upgrade my weapon&armor next?and what should i do every day?It's so many things in the game,i am a little bit confuse.

English isn't my first language,so,i hope you guys can understand what i said~

have a nice day

What do you like to do? PvP, WvW, Raids, fractals, open world PvE? One thing you can look at is Achievements. You can go to your Hero Panel to the [Achievement section](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Achievement) and look up what things are listed for you to do in the areas you’re interested in.

For gear you should be looking into getting exotics. If you don’t have much gold look at the level 78 exotics on the trading post. Be sure to do the daily, which is worth 2 gold a day. Eventually you can get your crafting upgraded or do parts of the game that drop ascended boxes and get Ascended gear, but that’s a future goal.

Am i assuming right that your rev is your first character? if so, you might want to get the elite specs for your rev - herald and renegade - if you don't have them yet. Both give you different way to play your character. You will have to gather some hero points for that (each hero challenge in core gives you 1 hero point while those in HoT and PoF give you 10, but they are mostly harder to get. But get yourself exotic gear before going to HoT/PoF cause the content is more challenging than core.

What you _can__do every day are dailys - just look in your hero panel. They bring you 10 AP (Achievement Points) and 2 gold. Other than that... what the guys already mentioned above.. :)

Try to purchase full of Exotic gear instead of Rare items, you'll get more and better armor and weapon stats if you purchase items with orange colour on their item text.

Try and explore Elona with your raptor! Do quests all over the place and whenever you're ready to move on with Storymode. PvE and storymode is my favorite part of this game, :)

You don't have to rush Everything through, just keep it at your level and enjoy it, :)

Question: did you boost your first character with a level 80 booster?

If yes: make a new character and level to 80 normally. You are not doing yourself favors using the 80 boost with no experience in the game.

That said, Guild Wars is less stream lined and more open as far as progression goes compared to traditional MMOs. Here is some short and medium term goals you'll want to aim for when playing:

- masteries and unlocking more masteries for both movement and story progression

- hero points and elite specializations for both more build options as well as more powerful builds

- story and finishing it

- upgrading to exotic gear and ideally ascended weapons/trinkets with exotic armor

Essential right now is: what do you want to play? WvW, Spvp, pve (and what of the pve) and what do those game modes require and how can you get there.

Make a list of things you can and want to do (gearing for pve, progression in masteries, getting ascended trinkets,etc.) and slowly work down the list. The first thing is probably to get into a decent pve build with sufficient gear. Exotic would be ideal.

Side note: since you are likely low on gold, try to check for alternative methods to acquire items you desire or for alternative cheaper versions (named berserker level 80 exotics for exampe are cheaper then the generic berserker xyz armor). The Knight of Thorn quest line rewards a free ascended weapon (only 5 different available so not all weapons can be gained this way). The bioluminescent achievement (requires Living World Season 2 Episodes 5-8) is quite long but will reward a free ascended armor item (pick a chest since those are most expensive) and the gold gained while completing the achievement can be useful to get other things.

Many elite specializations offer cheaper ways to get specific ascended weapons.

Have you fully explored the world (100% map completion)? That's something I'd consider as the next step after completing personal story on a character but before wandering into HoT or PoF areas in order to give yourself time to really play around with a character and try things out. Note though some hero points needed for map completion may be guarded by an event with a champion that you can't really solo yet so wait for the daily for the corresponding map to occur and try to notify people of the event. You might also wander on to something interesting like an event you never noticed before or a mastery point.

I, too, would suggest new PvE-interested players work on completing the Core Personal Story and Core World (Map) Completion.

Then, venture into The Silverwastes and, perhaps, Dry Top before moving onto the expansion maps.

Quests like Knight of the Thorn require completion of the Heart of Thorns storyline, which can be daunting for new players.

I'd also suggest becoming familiar with the 'easy' WvW Dailies; they are really almost always completely PvE, and you will be thankful later on.

Most importantly, do whatever you think would be fun; that's what playing a game is supposed to be...fun!

Welcome to Tyria, and good luck.

World completion is a great objective, taking your time, exploring and earning gift of exploration when finished. Then decide if you want to upgrade your character to full ascended or to craft a legendary. But if you don't want to follow one of these paths, it's okay! Do WvW, PvP or simply LS episodes, side quests and stories!