Are you into trash rewards cludding your bags for skin's?

Since Gw2 launch, i always had an issue with (Weapons/Armor) be like rewarded at every trash mob you meet. Leaving you with that feeling of meh & not caring about it. I understand they went for the collector hungry peeps. & i'm a sort of collector myself. But being overwhelmed with so much gear from every trash mobs kinda left me that empty feeling of not caring for it. Even the really nice looking ones after a few day's does not do it for me. Vs the idea of making a gear piece from Lvl 1 & building on it as you progress towards lvl 80. Making it more powerful & Giving that feeling it's part of you. Part of your look & identity. In my eyes, i can't stop having the feeling that Gw2 missed on that opportunity & should of catered on progression instead of collections. & focused unique styles on the gem store & special recipes. Saying this, Cuz i'm not into trash rewards cludding my bags leaving me feeling empty.

Anyone feel's the same?

The game’s economy is built around the mats salvaged from mobs and harvested from nodes. The mobs would have to drop mats such as leather or cloth instead and the number of logs/ore from nodes would need to be increased to compensate for the loss of ore and lumber from salvaged mats. They would also need to add another gold sink to replace the one lost from salvaging gear. It would require a complete rework of how mats get into the economy and for not much benefit.

> @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > @"bob.5680" said:

> > Well, they really don't bother me. I simply salvage all of them then sell the resulting materials on the TP

>

> Everybody does. But your missing my point. I think i'm pretty clear on what i mean.

They're not trash rewards by any stretch though? Most of the early and common weapons actually look really good which is indeed different from most MMOs who lock the good stuff behind a grind. Most players who are winning Fashion Wars tend to use fairly common skin mixes, the stuff you consider trash.

Further, as bob stated, they salvage into useful materials that you'll be needing yourself or others will be needing in exchange for good coin. Now if you want to argue matters of taste and debate whether early weapons look good, you have fun with that now.

An argument can be made that we need moar loot, new stuff, but the stuff we have now certainly isn't trash.

Oh i'm not against getting mats, leather, blood, bones from mobs. I love farming for it. That is part of the game. But i am against getting weapons & armors from trash mobs such as spiders, cows, killer bunnies & ect... Exception humanoids & Bosses witch makes sens a bit. But my point is we are getting so much gear that your first weapon & armor you get means absolutely nothing. I would love to get my first weapon & gear & just build on it by getting mats from trash mobs so in the end it means something to me. & just not get that meh..got that one to no big deal feeling. Farming for rewards is ok.

Lately there's a lot of "rewards" that I literaly destroy as soon as they arrive to my inventory: any non-exotic sigil, any non-exotic rune, any Kormir Eye, any Congealed Putrescence, any reward track chest from PvP or WvW with recipes, any soulbond white item of low value, any Resonating Sliver... ALL THOSE ITEMS, I destroy them on sight dragging them out of the inventory. They just doesn't worth the effort to move to the closest vendor to sell, or to use them to craft anything, so I kill em all.

Am I understanding correctly: You don't mind getting loot from enemies, but you don't like that if it's useful it replaces the items you're already using instead of upgrading them?

I can kind of understand that. I finally crafted an ascended helm for my main character and when I went to salvage the old one I realised I couldn't because it's a karma one from Orr, meaning I've had it for over 5 years, since the character reached level 80. I can't use it, can't even put it in the mystic forge but I haven't deleted it yet because it seems a shame to do that having had it for so long.

But changing it would be a very big job. It would mean changing not just the drops but the entire equipment and crafting system, and that would have knock-on effects for pretty much everything in the game. It can work, but it needs to be built into the game from day 1.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:> But changing it would be a very big job. It would mean changing not just the drops but the entire equipment and crafting system, and that would have knock-on effects for pretty much everything in the game. It can work, but it needs to be built into the game from day 1.

I agree. It would be way to much to rework. So my solution would be leave it as is. But now, add on the new system instead of reworking the old one. What i'm saying is leave the system as is. But add on a new gear progression system that you can build gear from level 1.

Getting rid of an old system is just to much work. Easier just to add on.

> @"Buran.3796" said:

> Lately there's a lot of "rewards" that I literaly destroy as soon as they arrive to my inventory: any non-exotic sigil, any non-exotic rune, any Kormir Eye, any Congealed Putrescence, any reward track chest from PvP or WvW with recipes, any soulbond white item of low value, any Resonating Sliver... ALL THOSE ITEMS, I destroy them on sight dragging them out of the inventory. They just doesn't worth the effort to move to the closest vendor to sell, or to use them to craft anything, so I kill em all.

This. This right here is the most annoying thing of all time.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Buran.3796" said:

> > Lately there's a lot of "rewards" that I literaly destroy as soon as they arrive to my inventory: any non-exotic sigil, any non-exotic rune, any Kormir Eye, any Congealed Putrescence, any reward track chest from PvP or WvW with recipes, any soulbond white item of low value, any Resonating Sliver... ALL THOSE ITEMS, I destroy them on sight dragging them out of the inventory. They just doesn't worth the effort to move to the closest vendor to sell, or to use them to craft anything, so I kill em all.

>

> This. This right here is the most annoying thing of all time.

I know right. I sell all my sigils myself at vendors for copper just to rid myself of it.