Rising momentum bugged with superspeed :)?

DonkeyHaxor.4052

Intended. There's a movement speed global cap, on top of the fact that movement speed bonuses from multiple sources don't stack (only the highest one is applied). Rising Momentum circumvents that second limitation, but you can't go past the cap. Superspeed alone is enough to hit the cap even in combat (100% bonus movement speed), so Rising Momentum offers no benefit. But you can stack it with swiftness, or other bonuses. Swim Infusions also work like that, so presumably you can stack those on top, too.

In that case, with a +17 infusion, swiftness and -5 upkeep, you have 75% bonus ms, and with -10 upkeep, you hit the 100% cap.

I'm not sure rising momentum stacks. Running side by side with someone that had no buff other than swiftness, while I had 7 pips in use, yieleded no speed difference between us. If they stacked I should have been moving potentially twice their speed, right? 33% swift + 35% rising vs. their 33% swiftness, yet we hit the opposite wall of our run within a second of one another.

> @"Windyplains.4208" said:

> I'm not sure rising momentum stacks. Running side by side with someone that had no buff other than swiftness, while I had 7 pips in use, yieleded no speed difference between us. If they stacked I should have been moving potentially twice their speed, right? 33% swift + 35% rising vs. their 33% swiftness, yet we hit the opposite wall of our run within a second of one another.

If you were out of combat, the cap is 40%, so you were only getting 7% from RM. Test it again in combat.

> @"RabbitUp.8294" said:

> > @"Windyplains.4208" said:

> > I'm not sure rising momentum stacks. Running side by side with someone that had no buff other than swiftness, while I had 7 pips in use, yieleded no speed difference between us. If they stacked I should have been moving potentially twice their speed, right? 33% swift + 35% rising vs. their 33% swiftness, yet we hit the opposite wall of our run within a second of one another.

>

> If you were out of combat, the cap is 40%, so you were only getting 7% from RM. Test it again in combat.

Based on wiki numbers it actually looks like you only need 36% to cap your ooc speed.