Caithe's VA lines from the incoming episodes of Season 4.

Arden.7480

> @"Arden.7480" said:

> > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > @"Arden.7480" said:

> > > > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > > If I recall they said that Zojja won't be coming back because they couldn't align their schedule with Felicia Day's.

> > >

> > > Changing VA for Rox out of sudden was not problematic, so they could have changed VA for Zojja and just say her voice changed after being in the pod.

> >

> > Mike said that it would be unfair if they recast the role.

>

> meh, if Zojja's VA doesnt wanna work at Anet's, just fire her. If it costs that one of the major characters wont participate in the story because the VA is just "so occupied", then what is the use of that VA?

If you ask Felicia Day, she'll tell you herself that she loves voicing Zojja, so it's nothing to do with her willingness to work with ArenaNet. I'm pretty sure the scheduling is the major factor, with how many projects she has going on and VA working having to be done around the LW episodes recording schedules, when the fit is there it will happen, simple as that.

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > @"Arden.7480" said:

> > > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > > @"Arden.7480" said:

> > > > > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > > > If I recall they said that Zojja won't be coming back because they couldn't align their schedule with Felicia Day's.

> > > >

> > > > Changing VA for Rox out of sudden was not problematic, so they could have changed VA for Zojja and just say her voice changed after being in the pod.

> > >

> > > Mike said that it would be unfair if they recast the role.

> >

> > meh, if Zojja's VA doesnt wanna work at Anet's, just fire her. If it costs that one of the major characters wont participate in the story because the VA is just "so occupied", then what is the use of that VA?

>

> If you ask Felicia Day, she'll tell you herself that she loves voicing Zojja, so it's nothing to do with her willingness to work with ArenaNet. I'm pretty sure the scheduling is the major factor, with how many projects she has going on and VA working having to be done around the LW episodes recording schedules, when the fit is there it will happen, simple as that.

Something I'd like to add to this whole Zojja thing, is that ANet seems to have plans to bring Zojja back around, back during the Long Live the Lich Forum Chat, Peter Fries responded to one of the posts with "Zojja was in earlier drafts of Episode 2. We haven't forgotten her, either" and in response to someone asking why she wasn't there, "Realizing we would have had two episodes in a row with a female asura genius being captured and threatened by the bad guy."

So whether or not Felicia Day can continue to voice her, the writers don't seem to be looking to just leave her in the background.

Now on the topic of the thread, I can't wait to see Caithe again! The more Sylvari cropping up in the story the merrier. It'd be some wonderful pay-off if, since Kralkatorrik is our next threat right now, the remaining members of Destiny's Edge all made their way back into story to take on the Dragon that defeated them before, with Destiny's Edge 2.0 and the Second Scion of Glint there as well.

> @"Musaroxy.2874" said:

> > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > @"Arden.7480" said:

> > > > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > > > @"Arden.7480" said:

> > > > > > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > > > > If I recall they said that Zojja won't be coming back because they couldn't align their schedule with Felicia Day's.

> > > > >

> > > > > Changing VA for Rox out of sudden was not problematic, so they could have changed VA for Zojja and just say her voice changed after being in the pod.

> > > >

> > > > Mike said that it would be unfair if they recast the role.

> > >

> > > meh, if Zojja's VA doesnt wanna work at Anet's, just fire her. If it costs that one of the major characters wont participate in the story because the VA is just "so occupied", then what is the use of that VA?

> >

> > If you ask Felicia Day, she'll tell you herself that she loves voicing Zojja, so it's nothing to do with her willingness to work with ArenaNet. I'm pretty sure the scheduling is the major factor, with how many projects she has going on and VA working having to be done around the LW episodes recording schedules, when the fit is there it will happen, simple as that.

>

> Something I'd like to add to this whole Zojja thing, is that ANet seems to have plans to bring Zojja back around, back during the Long Live the Lich Forum Chat, Peter Fries responded to one of the posts with "Zojja was in earlier drafts of Episode 2. We haven't forgotten her, either" and in response to someone asking why she wasn't there, "Realizing we would have had two episodes in a row with a female asura genius being captured and threatened by the bad guy."

> So whether or not Felicia Day can continue to voice her, the writers don't seem to be looking to just leave her in the background.

> Now on the topic of the thread, I can't wait to see Caithe again! The more Sylvari cropping up in the story the merrier. It'd be some wonderful pay-off if, since Kralkatorrik is our next threat right now, the remaining members of Destiny's Edge all made their way back into story to take on the Dragon that defeated them before, with Destiny's Edge 2.0 and the Second Scion of Glint there as well.

Don't forget they also said Malyck was gonna be in Heart of Thorns and did nothing with him in the end.

> @"Musaroxy.2874" said:

> So whether or not Felicia Day can continue to voice her, the writers don't seem to be looking to just leave her in the background.

Indeed which is why Mike said that although they can't find a schedule that matches with Felicia Day, they don't want to re-cast her, unlike those other characters that they re-cast.

At one point they are going to have to recast her. I think that people will start to lose interest in certain characters if they have no important role/impact in the story. Honestly, I don't see why postpone where and when Zojja makes an appearance. I mean is there a guarantee that Anet's schedule and Mrs. Day's schedule are ever going to synchronize?

> @"kasoki.5180" said:

> At one point they are going to have to recast her. I think that people will start to lose interest in certain characters if they have no important role/impact in the story. Honestly, I don't see why postpone where and when Zojja makes an appearance. I mean is there a guarantee that Anet's schedule and Mrs. Day's schedule are ever going to synchronize?

With enough advance notice and coordination, in a word...yes, and it's Ms./Miss Day.

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > @"kasoki.5180" said:

> > At one point they are going to have to recast her. I think that people will start to lose interest in certain characters if they have no important role/impact in the story. Honestly, I don't see why postpone where and when Zojja makes an appearance. I mean is there a guarantee that Anet's schedule and Mrs. Day's schedule are ever going to synchronize?

>

> With enough advance notice and coordination, in a word...yes, and it's Ms./Miss Day.

But this advanced cordination and notification has not happened since HoT. Why should we believe it will happen in the future?

> @"kasoki.5180" said:

> > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > @"kasoki.5180" said:

> > > At one point they are going to have to recast her. I think that people will start to lose interest in certain characters if they have no important role/impact in the story. Honestly, I don't see why postpone where and when Zojja makes an appearance. I mean is there a guarantee that Anet's schedule and Mrs. Day's schedule are ever going to synchronize?

> >

> > With enough advance notice and coordination, in a word...yes, and it's Ms./Miss Day.

>

> But this advanced cordination and notification has not happened since HoT. Why should we believe it will happen in the future?

I won't pretend to have insight into ANet's development process, but storywise, where would Zojja have fit in before S4? Short of having her drop by Rata Novus, there hasn't been a clear reason for her to be involved. It's possible that ANet hasn't been trying to schedule anything until recently.

> @"Aaron Ansari.1604" said:

> > @"kasoki.5180" said:

> > > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > > @"kasoki.5180" said:

> > > > At one point they are going to have to recast her. I think that people will start to lose interest in certain characters if they have no important role/impact in the story. Honestly, I don't see why postpone where and when Zojja makes an appearance. I mean is there a guarantee that Anet's schedule and Mrs. Day's schedule are ever going to synchronize?

> > >

> > > With enough advance notice and coordination, in a word...yes, and it's Ms./Miss Day.

> >

> > But this advanced cordination and notification has not happened since HoT. Why should we believe it will happen in the future?

>

> I won't pretend to have insight into ANet's development process, but storywise, where would Zojja have fit in before S4? Short of having her drop by Rata Novus, there hasn't been a clear reason for her to be involved. It's possible that ANet hasn't been trying to schedule anything until recently.

Thats exactly what I think about it.

But you know- 3 years is a heck a lot of time!

> @"Aaron Ansari.1604" said:

> > @"kasoki.5180" said:

> > > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > > @"kasoki.5180" said:

> > > > At one point they are going to have to recast her. I think that people will start to lose interest in certain characters if they have no important role/impact in the story. Honestly, I don't see why postpone where and when Zojja makes an appearance. I mean is there a guarantee that Anet's schedule and Mrs. Day's schedule are ever going to synchronize?

> > >

> > > With enough advance notice and coordination, in a word...yes, and it's Ms./Miss Day.

> >

> > But this advanced cordination and notification has not happened since HoT. Why should we believe it will happen in the future?

>

> I won't pretend to have insight into ANet's development process, but storywise, where would Zojja have fit in before S4? Short of having her drop by Rata Novus, there hasn't been a clear reason for her to be involved. It's possible that ANet hasn't been trying to schedule anything until recently.

Basically she can be anywhere since all we know she has been out since HoT. She can do almost anything now and it would make sense considering how long she did nothing and was part of nothing. Nothing would be contradicted, and anything she possibly did would make sense

> @"kasoki.5180" said:

> > @"Aaron Ansari.1604" said:

> > > @"kasoki.5180" said:

> > > > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > > > @"kasoki.5180" said:

> > > > > At one point they are going to have to recast her. I think that people will start to lose interest in certain characters if they have no important role/impact in the story. Honestly, I don't see why postpone where and when Zojja makes an appearance. I mean is there a guarantee that Anet's schedule and Mrs. Day's schedule are ever going to synchronize?

> > > >

> > > > With enough advance notice and coordination, in a word...yes, and it's Ms./Miss Day.

> > >

> > > But this advanced cordination and notification has not happened since HoT. Why should we believe it will happen in the future?

> >

> > I won't pretend to have insight into ANet's development process, but storywise, where would Zojja have fit in before S4? Short of having her drop by Rata Novus, there hasn't been a clear reason for her to be involved. It's possible that ANet hasn't been trying to schedule anything until recently.

>

> Basically she can be anywhere since all we know she has been out since HoT. She can do almost anything now and it would make sense considering how long she did nothing and was part of nothing. Nothing would be contradicted, and anything she possibly did would make sense

That is true. 'Role' would probably be a better word than 'reason'. Since the end of HoT, the devs have really been pushing the idea that NPCs will only be cropping up when there's something for them to do, as opposed to the mobile silent audience we had through S2. By that model, writing in Zojja needs a better reason than just to write in Zojja, and that's where I'm skeptical- besides for Taimi's experiments through S3, I don't see any place before the reemergence of the Inquest where Zojja could've made relevant contributions.