[Suggestion] Add 'Cycle Through' Hotkeys for Chairs, Instruments, Held Items, Toys, Mounts (edited)

Currently, players can set an 'Activate' Hotkey for their Chairs, Instruments, Held Items, and Toys. And for their Mounts, players can set a 'Mount/Dismount' Hotkey for each Mount. However, the problem with that to some players is each Hotkey dedicated to a Mount is taking up Hotkeys that can be used for other things.

Can you please give us a 'Cycle Through' Hotkey for our Chairs, Instruments, Held Items, Toys, and Mounts **so that we can use 1 Hotkey to cycle through everything?** The Hotkeys would be named Cycle Through Chairs, Cycle Through Instruments, etc. (The text in **bold** is the edit)

The 'Cycle Through' Hotkey will be more responsive than the current system that has a cooldown after mounting another Mount (the cooldown put in place so your character can finish the animation of dismounting until its feet hit the ground).

**For example**, the way the 'Cycle Through' Hotkeys will work is whatever Chair, Instrument, Held Item, or Toy players chose to have at all times by default would remain unchanged no matter how many items are cycled through, **that way**, players can put away an item (any item) the same way they took out the very first item they chose by default. And then when a player takes out whatever item again, they start out with their favorite item(s) first, and the same 'Cycle Through' process repeats.

The same behavior will be the same for Mounts, except instead of starting from a 'default' set Mount, the 'Cycle Through' process begins from the Mount a player is currently on, and so on.

**Furthermore**, the way in which the 'Novelties' UI currently displays is vague. I hardly notice much is there on that very small gray bar.

Here is a mock-up I created the way I would have liked to see the 'Novelties' UI: https://imgur.com/a/5juP8su **vs.** the original 'Novelities' UI: https://imgur.com/a/tKYGKWi (Go ahead and compare both images between two different tabs)

**NOTES:**

**1.** The 'Cycle Through' Hotkeys do not/should not perform the 'activate' function; only the Hotkeys dedicated for that function should perform the activate function for players' Chairs, Instruments, Held Items, Toys, and Mounts.

**2.** If a player tries to use the 'Cycle Through' Hotkey for their Chairs, Instruments, Held Items, Toys, and Mounts, yet they are not sitting on a Chair, holding an Instrument, holding an Item, playing with a Toy, or mounted on a Mount, nothing happens. Not even an error message displays. Therefore, the only way the 'Cycle Through' Hotkeys work is a player must have the necessary items, or a player must already be mounted on a Mount.

**3.** The new 'Activate' Hotkeys should have better wording rather than lead players to believe the Hotkeys perform only one function. Not only that, the term 'activate' is not really the best term to use considering you wouldn't 'activate' an instrument. You would 'equip' an instrument.

With the above stated in mind, the Hotkey name for Instruments and Held Items should specify 'Equip/Un-equip'. The Hotkey name for Chairs should specify 'Mount/Dismount' (even though Sit/Stand would make better sense), and the Hotkey name for Toys should specify 'Take Out/Put Away'.

Thank you for looking into this, Anet : )

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> I'm a bit confused. I thought the issue was too many Hotkeys, yet the suggestion asks for more Hotkeys?

> Also, I'm not sure I would want to have to cycle (mount/dismount) through my Mounts when I really just want to go from one Mount to a particular different Mount. (Might be the same with Novelties.)

Whoa, my mistake lol, I meant, "so that we can use 1 Hotkey to cycle through everything.' I was quite tired at the time when I wrote this thread, so thank you for pointing that out.

With that being said, players can still use specific Hotkeys for each Mount instead of using the 'Cycle Through' Hotkey, yet the reason I believe 'Cycle Through' is more smoother because it can change Mounts from one Mount to another immediately each time a player hits the 'Cycle Through' Hotkey.

Furthermore, the 'Cycle Through' Hotkey will be more responsive than the current system that has a cooldown after mounting another Mount (the cooldown put in place so your character can finish the animation of dismounting until its feet hit the ground).

> @"Trise.2865" said:

> If I could addendum to this idea: enable toys to activate using emotes. For example: I would rather "/guitar" than fiddle with UI slots and clutter.

While I like your suggestion (which would be a 'command' not an 'emote'), the /guitar Emote was originally the Emote in GW1 for air guitar, so some players may have an issue with the command being /guitar (which should perform the air guitar Emote) instead of /equipguitar (which is more in line with your suggestion as a command).

With that being said, to what extent would your suggestion go? Some names of certain Toys may be too long for players to bother using the commands, that or because of certain Toys with long names, players may easily forget what the exact command would be for them.

> @"Eidolonemesis.5640" said:

> > @"Trise.2865" said:

> > If I could addendum to this idea: enable toys to activate using emotes. For example: I would rather "/guitar" than fiddle with UI slots and clutter.

>

> While I like your suggestion (which would be a 'command' not an 'emote'), the /guitar Emote was originally the Emote in GW1 for air guitar, so some players may have an issue with the command being /guitar (which should perform the air guitar Emote) instead of /equipguitar (which is more in line with your suggestion as a command).

>

> With that being said, to what extent would your suggestion go? Some names of certain Toys may be too long for players to bother using the Emote, that or because of certain Toys with long names, players may easily forget what the exact command would be for them.

As per the first part: I chose "/guitar" as an example specifically because it referenced one of several GW1 emotes which do exist in the current game, but don't actually do anything yet. Simultaneously, this links the existing references to those emotes, the instrument toys, to their removed GW1 emote counterparts. It doesn't have to be those specifically, of course, but those are likely the easiest for ANet to implement and players to utilize.

To the second part: At this point there aren't THAT many toy items. They are distinct enough that single-word commands should be sufficient (or modified existing Emotes, similar to the GW1 Collector's Edition emotes, i.e.: /ascend, /ascendB, /dance1, etc., etc.). However, I also recognize that there are certain limitations to calling each specific toy by name, especially if they intend to continue this as a product line rather than a... "novelty". It's less viable for high-variance, but similar items, such as Tonics (or the various Costume toys, if/when they are implemented). The simplest solution to that is adapting the existing slot system, but using a command structure to trigger the slot: "/costume" or "/brawl" for Costume toys, "/toy" for balloons and "held items", "/transform" or "/tonic" for Tonic slots, etc.. An added benefit: this should make easier additional flourish, a "real" Emote, as part of the transformation. For example: taking a second to drink the /Tonic, or charging up a /Travel item, or pulling out and plonking down a /Chair or /Model, etc., etc.

I understand some would rather assign and use a hotkey, and that's fine. It could very easily retain the hotkey systems as well, for those that prefer it.