Nerf Incoming

Barnabus Stinson.1409

No No, you have to think outside the box...

They will modify the gain of ferocity from _Death perception_ and _reaper's onslaught_ in such a way that you must build stack by doing critical strike out of shroud and those stack are then consumed while in shroud. (don't forget the ICD between each stack consumed)

> @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> So long as they only effect pvp (the only area people seem to be qq'ing about reaper) I don't care.

Somewhere deep inside, you know it will bleed over.

As for nerfs, devouring darkness now requires los, quickness from reapers onslaught from 3 -> 1.5 sec, interval between pulses increased.

> @"Sephylon.4938" said:

> > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > So long as they only effect pvp (the only area people seem to be qq'ing about reaper) I don't care.

>

> Somewhere deep inside, you know it will bleed over.

> As for nerfs, devouring darkness now requires los, quickness from reapers onslaught from 3 -> 1.5 sec, interval between pulses increased.

Oh ya bug fixes to Devouring Darkness. I'm pretty sure it isn't supposed to ignore LoS, hit nearby foes if the target isn't hit (block, evade etc.) and suchlike.

That said I have yet to see anyone complain about the damage buff outside of pvp though. And pvp players are renowned for complaining on day one, because something that wasn't good suddenly is.

The recent buff patch doesn't get reaper into raid and doesn't fix the easy playstyle counters to reaper in pvp. There should not be a nerf. In fact I think that necromancer traits are in a good place and necromancer can see some use as soon as some of the underwhelming and hard to use weapon skills are fixed.

> @"Lexan.5930" said:

> really wisht hat IF they nerf, they do it ro death perception. Bring it down to 200 ferocity and leave reapers onslaught alone. The quickness makes shroud really feel like a burst ability with the reduced durration

**slap in the face** - that's for all the poor core necros and power scourges you want to screw over for your own comfort. If anything maybe reaper's onslaught should eat a ferocity nerf, since core and scourges already got it hard enough without easy extra 50% crit chance from decimate defenses nor any quickness in their traits/skills.

I love a reaper, but I refuse "buffs" that make core even worse then it already is compared to elites, or deny scourge the power playstyle.

> @"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:

> > @"Lexan.5930" said:

> > really wisht hat IF they nerf, they do it ro death perception. Bring it down to 200 ferocity and leave reapers onslaught alone. The quickness makes shroud really feel like a burst ability with the reduced durration

>

> **slap in the face** - that's for all the poor core necros and power scourges you want to screw over for your own comfort. If anything maybe reaper's onslaught should eat a ferocity nerf, since core and scourges already got it hard enough without easy extra 50% crit chance from decimate defenses nor any quickness in their traits/skills.

>

> I love a reaper, but I refuse "buffs" that make core even worse then it already is compared to elites, or deny scourge the power playstyle.

the best is, let everything like it is now. i think no one can say, core necro is OP. also scourge is in a good but not OP space. and reaper truly has the best burst dmg Output of all necros, but reaper is also the only real glasscannon in the game, because he doenst has 100 Million of invuls/dodges whatever like all the other classes.

hmmm, why not devolve feast of corruption to their old version to inflict 3 stacks of torment, plus extra stacks per condition and no corrupting boons? Then make devouring darkness into an area spell of this skill?

What i think, why do i want a corruption spell in scepter?, why not make punishments more corruptive? when they corrupted 2 boons rather than 1? because that was the first use of punishments, to "punish" you for using so many boons. And what about corrupt boon utility? cant be buffed?

I mean, we have so many corruption spells, and corruption should be something ocassional, not something that you spend with every spell you cast.

> @"Conqueror.3682" said:

> hmmm, why not devolve feast of corruption to their old version to inflict 3 stacks of torment, plus extra stacks per condition and no corrupting boons? Then make devouring darkness into an area spell of this skill?

>

> What i think, why do i want a corruption spell in scepter?, why not make punishments more corruptive? when they corrupted 2 boons rather than 1? because that was the first use of punishments, to "punish" you for using so many boons. And what about corrupt boon utility? cant be buffed?

>

> I mean, we have so many corruption spells, and corruption should be something ocassional, not something that you spend with every spell you cast.

because punishment skills are scourge. and devouring Darkness is core. why nerfing core for buffing scourge?

> @"Conqueror.3682" said:

> hmmm, why not devolve feast of corruption to their old version to inflict 3 stacks of torment, plus extra stacks per condition and no corrupting boons? Then make devouring darkness into an area spell of this skill?

>

> What i think, why do i want a corruption spell in scepter?, why not make punishments more corruptive? when they corrupted 2 boons rather than 1? because that was the first use of punishments, to "punish" you for using so many boons. And what about corrupt boon utility? cant be buffed?

>

> I mean, we have so many corruption spells, and corruption should be something ocassional, not something that you spend with every spell you cast.

Surprisingly, corrupting boons is a part of core Necromancer. Scourge's unique punishment mechanic is that every boon corrupts to torment and cripple rather than its appropriate conversion condition.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > So long as they only effect pvp (the only area people seem to be qq'ing about reaper) I don't care.

>

> Reaper is B tier at best in pvp. idk why anyone would QQ about it.

The usual suspects. Either way, Reaper and Power Necro in general should not be nerfed anywhere else, if at all. Reaper/Necro in wvw and pve is just about right.

> @"Barnabus Stinson.1409" said:

> With the recent changes, Reaper feels really good...So thats probably not gonna last. WHat nerfs do people see incoming?

After playing it a few days I think we will see the numbers come down a bit. The feel and flow is right. It's a bunch of fun, but the damage numbers are a little high.

Right now anyone who is playing it knows full well it's overtuned.

Tbh i think the only issue is with quickness pulsing, which in pvp makes it really hard to counterplay. if reaper has assisistance from allies he'll have a wall of boons to cover it and even if you do corrupt it, in max 3s it's back again.

I suspect they'll probably go the stability way and change pulsing quickness into a single, but long lasting stack.

> @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > @"Barnabus Stinson.1409" said:

> > With the recent changes, Reaper feels really good...So thats probably not gonna last. WHat nerfs do people see incoming?

>

> After playing it a few days I think we will see the numbers come down a bit. The feel and flow is right. It's a bunch of fun, but the damage numbers are a little high.

> Right now anyone who is playing it knows full well it's overtuned.

is it that overtuned tho? soul spiral probably, i agree - but the rest.

look at holosmith

almost perma quickness roaming/pvp builds available and autohitting for 2k-5k in photon forge.

skill 2 in photon forge crits for 6k

photon forge 3, 4 and 5 alltogether are weaker than reaper shroud 4+5, because soul sprial is the big outlier here _burst wise_... but the **cd is A LOT higher** too. (look at photon forge 3, 4 and 5... while reaper can burst once every 24 sec traited -> holo can every 6sec, 10 sec and 15sec... by alternating them even more often)

any difference to reaper dmg-wise? not really, right? (plus active defenses on holo and a lot more sustain than reaper).

reaper can be countered "pretty easy" (in comparison!!) - by avoiding soul spiral, which is inherently easier to avoid than many other professions skills, because reaper is a spec with an incredible low amount of gap closer and high cooldowns.

"well overtuned" is not what i would call it. imo it's more like nobody is used to avoid reapers damage, when fighting them solo or in small groups (2-4).

> @"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:

> Tbh i think the only issue is with quickness pulsing, which in pvp makes it really hard to counterplay. if reaper has assisistance from allies he'll have a wall of boons to cover it and even if you do corrupt it, in max 3s it's back again.

>

> I suspect they'll probably go the stability way and change pulsing quickness into a single, but long lasting stack.

You know that for a single second I imagined a stack of quickness only affecting a single skill before being consumed? Stability way... rofl!