Do Something With POWER Berserker Already

TheSlothArmada.6709

> @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > @"Ferus.3165" said:

> > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > Talking mainly of wvw since it's the only gamemode i am playing lately, power berserker gs plus axe/shield has a lot of potential, if you go full zerk the damage is nuts, but it lacks the sustain that core warrior has with strength traitline and berserk burst skills counting only as level1 is so bad to build up adrenaline health.

> > >

> > > Already a change like you proposed, make berserk mode burst skills level3 and if you hit you get immediately 3 stacks of adrenaline health can be enough to the make the spec viable same as core warrior or spellbreaker for solo or small scale roaming.

> > >

> > > It is not even that absurd since berserk mode can be activated only when you are full 30 adrenaline, you pop berserk mode using 30 adrenaline, and you get only level1 burst skills with it... kinda controversial.

> > >

> > > Maybe reduce the Cooldown on zerk mode as well.

> > >

> > > In spellbreaker is balanced having the burst skills capped at level1, in berserker not.

> >

> > the potential of berserker is long gone... even bursts counting as t3 for the sake of adrenal health would not make it viable because of long cds with super high cast times... why do arc divider, shield bash and headbutt have a 0,75 sec cast time and stuff like Reflexive Strike or Point Blank Shot (while having the longest range in the game) have a 33% lower cast time? Why is it that headbutt has a 20/25 sec cd with 1,75 sec selfstun when skills like bandits defense (16 sec cd stunbreak/block/knockdown) exist?? What are you going to do as Berserker vs a Thief (any build), a mirage, a soulbeast (druid maybe dies from laugther) or a herald? Why would you bring berserker over a holosmith or a reaper? Even with said buff berserker would still lose to a dh. Playing berserker in wvw/pvp should be a bannable offence.

>

> The argument why playing berseker over holo or reaper is nonsense, you should play the profession you like, and you can achieve still pretty good results with it.

>

> But I agree, soulbeast, holo, mirage, deadeye, reaper have too much powercreep that you can't compete because you don't have the tools.

>

> But for example core warrior is very viable if played by a competent player, so with some good adjustment even power berserker can become viable too.

> One is making berserk bursts skill count as level3 defenitely, then maybe pulsing resistance while in zerk mode? Or maybe would be too overpower not sure.

> Fix the animations of some of those burst skills.

>

> Berseker was powerful before, same as old scrapper or dh, but like everyone else received nerfs and so here we go.

Why would I take a skill like arc divider that doesn't hit as hard and takes longer to hit over a arcing slice that does more damage and the skill doesn't take as long to cast? It's only saving grace is that it has a higher damage multiplier to foes under 50%, but it's still an ez clap dodge with it's current cast time.

**https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arcing_Slice**

Damage: 532 (1.32)

Damage against foes under 50% health: 799 (1.98)

**https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arc_Divider**

Damage: 351 (1.32)?

Damage against Foes under 50% Health: 614 (2.31)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My problem about that godmode button spec is that it is about godmode button.

I ll explain what i mean...

Berserker is offensive without proper survival. Simply you need to generate 3 bars adrenaline to enter berserker mode.

In open world pve or in spvp it never happen naturally because before you generate that your enemy is dead or u are dead... not necessary but you know what i mean.

So lets say i would use something like precision signet. Now there are still issues:

You cant use it before you enter combat because it immediately decay. Godmode button just blink and fade off.

This is same problem with rifle. You cant generate adrenaline and use it directly to open combat from range with F1.. Its sux. But its another topic.

So you have to engage (perform hit) ->than use signet -> than use godmode button -> then use your desired F1 -> that your target dies and rest of your berserker mode just decay. Now u have cooldowns and you cant use it again soon.

So whats the point ? again let me explain...

Spellbreaker simply need just one bar and immediately use F1 and core warrior can do same if target going down quickly you can use just 1 or 2 bars. theoretically you can do same with berserker but whats the point of this spec than ?

It just need redesign.

**For example:** (My idea feel free to disagree. But i just want to be constructive instead just complain.)

**Replace primal burst skills permanently.**

So once you generate 1 bar you can use improved F1 1-bar. There still should be 4 sec CD so additional adrenaline can be used for berserker mode (1-bar) which would be just offensive/boon boost silimar to spellbreakers counter but instead of block it would be just damage boost.

With that design you whould be able to use just one 1 bar as well as 3 bars like that: generate 3 bars use damage boost button (berserker mode) and than use primal bursts until you damage boost from berserker mode is up.