which elite spec to unlock first for PvE solo?

RedSemaphore.1489

hi guys

been playing since beta and just finally boosted Guardian to 80.

This is going to be my first heavy armor character in the game. So I need to get some gear other than the Knight's set from the boost.

but before I do, just wanted to ask for opinions here on which spec I should unlock first. I know DH is mostly power and FB is mostly condi.

They're both new to me, and I mainly solo PVE (fractals on my main). which one in your opinion is more fun and suited for open world content?

and, any build suggestions?

I prefer DH. Zerkers gear, Dual trap + greatsword melts everything and the tomes provide great survivability for a glass cannon. Firebrand looks good with full condi gear but the virtues besides F1 require more micro for less benefit and kill dps.

Its disappointing that the on demand burst heal and on demand shield are way better than any of the 10 new skills for F2 and F3. The stance switch + casting + switch back just feels so clunky and wastes so much time that any suitability gained will just get dpsed back down leaving little net gain for using the skill compared to DH.

> @RabbitUp.8294 said:

> I would say Dh, because firebrand doesn't really shine unless you have condi gear to put on it, while you can get power-based exotics very cheap.

>

> Condi gear, whether it's sinister or viper, and even at exotic quality are quite expensive to get.

Not really. I bagged myself a full suit of exotic condi gear for less than 10g. Don't buy 'carrion' or 'rampager'. Instead look at the level 80 exotic armor/weapon pieces and check the named exotics. Where carrion gear was between 6 to 12g I bought all I cared for between 1 to 2g. The weapon cost me 3g which was the most I spent. Baltazhar runes were cheap too. The Malice sigil was 17g but it could have been avoided if I cared to.