Greatsword PVE build... need advice.

magnofab.3648

I am using Greatsword and Sword+Sword for open world / meta events.

Dueling 1/3/1

Illusions 1/2/1

Domination 2/2/1

Signet of the ether (cd reset on phantasms) + Mantra of resolve (self cleanse) + Phantasmal defender + Phantasmal Disenchanter.

Assassin's Exotic Armor and Scholar runes + Berserker ascended accessories

Considering i have all expansions... for a Greatsword power pve build ... Need to change something to improve dmg? Maybe another weapons together with GS? Other traits? Other specialization?

I have tried some other builds... but i love Greatsword :blush:

Since you said you have access to all expansions, I would recommend dropping either domination or dueling for chronomancer. Continuum Split + Improved Alacrity + chronophantasma are all very strong especially now with your shatters, you give yourself alacrity as well.

I would personally drop domination over dueling because the grandmaster trait in dueling is also very strong as compared to imagined burden.

Drop Dueling for Chronomancer (2/3/3)

Change Illusions to 2/2/1

Use sword/sword as your other weapon set.

You can also change the mantra to Well of Calamity if you need more AoE, but this is optional.

Sword/swrd makes a huge difference when fighting mobs that don't die in one hit. The biggest thing is sword 5 combined with Persistence of Memory and Chronophantasma, that lets you stack tons of might, but you have to use sw 5 in melee range. So, you can open with sw/sw, then swap to GS and use all that might to spam Berzerkers.

Alternatively, if you are willing to build a more dedicated build, you can try this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5aO9OOeTqU

Thanks for suggestions guys... I appreciate the tips.

I made some changes.... For Greatsword lover... Domination+Chronomancer is amazing.

The third specialization i am not sure yet.... swapping Dueling for Illusions and making some tests. I think Dueling is more burst and Illusions is more consistent right?

About armor... i think i can go for full zerk too right? Keep Scholar runes too? And sigils guys.... which one u recomend?

Ew GCE's build.

Let me tell you; while Imagined Burden is a strong trait, there are a lot of better options to use. Simply focusing on Phantasmal Berserkers will give you some burst but doing a different rotation will give you more sustained dps and burst.

I recommend going Illu 1-2-2, Dueling 1-3-1, Chronophantasma 2-3-3, which gives tons of boons, damage and utility.

> @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

>

>

> here's a better rotation to follow and it's not even perfect.

It's hard to find videos or even people who talk DPS numbers with regard to open world. I was wondering how your chrono setup here does in a solo scenario against a boss. I mean, at that level of DPS you could take down HoT HP champs in under a minute. But is it feasible to survive them while sustaining that type of damage or is the rotation too sensitive to allow solid survival without sacrificing a ton of damage?

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> >

> >

> > here's a better rotation to follow and it's not even perfect.

>

> It's hard to find videos or even people who talk DPS numbers with regard to open world. I was wondering how your chrono setup here does in a solo scenario against a boss. I mean, at that level of DPS you could take down HoT HP champs in under a minute. But is it feasible to survive them while sustaining that type of damage or is the rotation too sensitive to allow solid survival without sacrificing a ton of damage?

>

As with any build it's always possible to survive in any solo encounter as long as the attacks are avoidable. Something like continous damage ticks would kill you on any build or very high pressure like the Mushroom queen HP are nigh impossible to solo. Otherwise I've soloed all of the HoT hps with this build and other pure damage builds before with enough practice.

To add, Chrono has a lot of active damage mitigation in the form of Distortion from F4, Phantasmal Defender as CC (to stun champions really fast), Blurred Frenzy on an 8 second cooldown, Illusionary Riposte and can go range with GS when needed. Might also swap Power Spike for Blink if you're having problems without stunbreaks for a small damage loss.

> @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> > >

> > >

> > > here's a better rotation to follow and it's not even perfect.

> >

> > It's hard to find videos or even people who talk DPS numbers with regard to open world. I was wondering how your chrono setup here does in a solo scenario against a boss. I mean, at that level of DPS you could take down HoT HP champs in under a minute. But is it feasible to survive them while sustaining that type of damage or is the rotation too sensitive to allow solid survival without sacrificing a ton of damage?

> >

>

> As with any build it's always possible to survive in any solo encounter as long as the attacks are avoidable. Something like continous damage ticks would kill you on any build or very high pressure like the Mushroom queen HP are nigh impossible to solo. Otherwise I've soloed all of the HoT hps with this build and other pure damage builds before with enough practice.

>

> To add, Chrono has a lot of active damage mitigation in the form of Distortion from F4, Phantasmal Defender as CC (to stun champions really fast), Blurred Frenzy on an 8 second cooldown, Illusionary Riposte and can go range with GS when needed. Might also swap Power Spike for Blink if you're having problems without stunbreaks for a small damage loss.

Well, mirage builds can solo even bosses like mushroom queen, avatar of Balthazar and even most of the bounty champions and legendaries in PoF. However, the build/rotation I use for that doesn't come close to your golem dps. I'm usually around half that dps in these scenarios.

That's why I was curious what your numbers look like in actual open world boss solos. There isn't a lot of information out there on this because it isn't relevant to most players.