Lets talk about Superior Sigil of Bloodlust

Evil.1580

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Warkind.6745" said:

> Sigil of bloodlust is fine and rewards you for getting kills while staying alive. If getting bursted by someone with 25 stacks of bloodlust is a problem, it's time to stop running glass.

Sigil of bloodlust is fine indeed and what you just told I completely agree with.

However, the point of the topic is different - it is about sigil of bloodlust benefits a weapon set which already has 2 other sigils in it.

I am not against the sigil, I am against how the sigil benefits the weapons that it is not placed in.

There are several limitations to the Sigil of Bloodlust.

- First and foremost, the stacks will only be increased when the weapon set to which it is applied is active. This means that you will have to either quickly juggle your weapon sets on the killing blow or spend time farming trash before heading out to join the fray. Both of these will lower your contribution in any game mode while you build up bloodlust.

- Secondly, the stacks only persist so long as you aren't downed (not dead, downed) so going down even briefly will reset your stacks, then go see point one.

- Thirdly, in order to have the stacks you must give up a sigil slot on one of your weapon sets, which will mean less utility for those who choose to put it on their utility set. They could otherwise take a cleanse on swap or similar. This one is the critical one for what I am about to explain.

The thing I don't think anyone who is complaining about Engineer or Elementalist is seeing, is that they are balanced around one weapon set, their utility **_is_** on their main weapon set (or kits), so you are still giving up something in order to have those bloodlust stacks. Elementalist can keep their bloodlust in all attunements and Engineer will still have them on their kits.

I play hammer/GS warrior in zergs. The BL sigil is on my hammer. No mobility there. There are better options for it.

I don't think I've every seen a roamer or small scale players running Bloodlust stacks, or stacks in general, for that matter unless they go around just taking camps or ganking 4v1s. Stacks in general aren't that viable unless you can get those kills easily. Better to run something else, like Cleansing/Hydromancy/etc...

> @"Remus Darkblight.1673" said:

>Elementalist can keep their bloodlust in all attunements and Engineer will still have them on their kits.

Yes, they will but still, they use only 1 other sigil with the bloodlust, not 2.

The skill balances aren't around the sigil, they are around the skill functionality.

So the professions with less skills are somehow balanced with the professions with many skills, as the functionality of the 1st at the end will/should bring the functionality of the 2nd, just differently played. I felt I had to explain this as you think the sigil (which every profession can use) does something with the profession balances. So we can assume that the skills are balanced to each other somehow and here comes the unbalanced part of the sigil which gives a bonus to a weapon which it is not placed in.

P.S. Your 1st 3 bullet points are basically explaining the functionality of the sigil... which is irrelevant. We all know the functionality of the sigil, and we are not talking about this because it will work the same on ele or mesmer, but the ele will have bloodlust sigil + 1 more, while the mesmer will have 2 sigils in its dmg weapon + bloodlust effect.

> @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > >Elementalist were never bottom tier in WvW

> > >

> > > Somehow you lost me here...

> > >

> > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > >WvW being no exception since having a Bloodlust Sigil on your offhand set prevents you from using other useful support sigils for example.

> > >

> > > Current ranger and few more builds arent exceptions?

> > > Sry, lost me again...

> > > You, clearly, don't know what you are talking about.

> >

> > Yes, I'm the one not knowing what I'm talking about.

> >

> > If you think shatter mesmer is performing okay in roaming due to the SoB, then you don't understand where the classes synergies lie. Shatter mesmer in its current form would perform just as well without SoB, and that has more to do with how GS 2 and blink can setup great bursts on bad players. Any competent roamer will mop the floor with you.

>

> Bro stay on the point...

> You want to keep your 3 sigils on 1 set of weapons and I understand you but it's not balanced and should be nerfed.

I couldn't care less about changes to SoB or similar sigil since I don't run them.

I do care about bogus and unnecessary changes based on limited, flawed or simply incorrect arguments since I generaly do not favor a developer going around changing or nerfing things if not needed.

Let me copy paste some info about this from the wiki, guys. As it looks like you might be confused.

**1st: What is a sigil:**

"A sigil is a type of upgrade component used in weapons."

source: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigil

**2nd: What does an upgrade component?**

"Upgrade components confer additional benefits (such as increased attributes or effects added to attacks) while wielding that piece."

source: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Upgrade_component

**3rd: What does "wielding" mean?**

verb

gerund or present participle: wielding

hold and use (a weapon or tool).

"a masked raider wielding a handgun"

With that said we can safetly say that we are not wielding the 2nd weapon set while we are wielding the 1st one. AKA the wiki itself confirms that it is not working as intended. Or are you saying you don't agree with the facts and you are defending this exploit?

Holly shit, it is written right here:

"Sigils have a variety of effects, such as attacks which trigger on critical hits, and attribute bonuses which increase as the player kills more enemies without being downed or **switching to a weapon set that lacks the sigil.**"

Source: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Upgrade_component

Anet, please FIX!!!

P.S. Damn, I'm sooo good :)

> @"Hoon.1524" said:

> Can't be an exploit if it's working how it's intended. Even if your not 'using' your 2nd weapon set, you still have it wielded/equipped/etc. Therefore, it's not an exploit.

>

> But sure whatever you say...

> /shrug

I have just explained to you why it's not working as intended and showed you the wiki source. Still, you are arguing that it is working as intended.

I don't think you understand the meaning of the verb "wielding" nor "switching to a weapon set that lacks the sigil".

It is not whatever I say, I don't come with my own words on this - I am copying the words 1:1 from a reliable source.

> @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > @"Hoon.1524" said:

> > Can't be an exploit if it's working how it's intended. Even if your not 'using' your 2nd weapon set, you still have it wielded/equipped/etc. Therefore, it's not an exploit.

> >

> > But sure whatever you say...

> > /shrug

>

> I have just explained to you why it's not working as intended and showed you the wiki source. Still, you are arguing that it is working as intended.

> I don't think you understand the meaning of the verb "wielding" nor "switching to a weapon set that lacks the sigil".

> It is not whatever I say, I don't come with my own words on this - I am copying the words 1:1 from a reliable source.

A weapon set is a combination of both weapon slots if available.

The Wiki is correct and the game is working as intended.

How do we know?

Because there used to be a bug where the stacks would remain even if no weapon with the sigil was carried (thus replaced after gaining maximum Stacks).

This was fixed/addressed years ago.

Obviously it was fixed in a way that Arenanet is happy with otherwise the fix would have been differently and/or the sigil would have been removed if a fix was to difficult.

You are barking up the wrong tree.

> @"otto.5684" said:

> I am not sure what the issue is. 250 stats in open world PvE? It does s underwhelming every where else.

People are using it in WvW too.

Also, don't say it like its insignificant. 250 power is a lot - basically ~10% more power if you have zerk gear, more if you have different gear with less power.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > > @"Hoon.1524" said:

> > > Can't be an exploit if it's working how it's intended. Even if your not 'using' your 2nd weapon set, you still have it wielded/equipped/etc. Therefore, it's not an exploit.

> > >

> > > But sure whatever you say...

> > > /shrug

> >

> > I have just explained to you why it's not working as intended and showed you the wiki source. Still, you are arguing that it is working as intended.

> > I don't think you understand the meaning of the verb "wielding" nor "switching to a weapon set that lacks the sigil".

> > It is not whatever I say, I don't come with my own words on this - I am copying the words 1:1 from a reliable source.

>

> A weapon set is a combination of both weapon slots if available.

>

> The Wiki is correct and the game is working as intended.

>

> How do we know?

> Because there used to be a bug where the stacks would remain even if no weapon with the sigil was carried (thus replaced after gaining maximum Stacks).

>

> This was fixed/addressed years ago.

>

> Obviously it was fixed in a way that Arenanet is happy with otherwise the fix would have been differently and/or the sigil would have been removed if a fix was to difficult.

>

> You are barking up the wrong tree.

You are basically saying the black color is white...

As I said this should be changed as it brings an unfair advantage.

> @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > @"Hoon.1524" said:

> > How is it an exploit? The sigil's been in the game for 6 years, the rework for sigil slot for atleast 3 years. Why would it matter now? It's not that game breaking.

>

> An exploit is to benefit from things that are not working as intended.

It's not an exploit if you can't stop it from happening. So you are saying that everyone who has a SoB and switches to a weapon set that doesn't have it, is using an exploit? The only thing they can do to stop it is to not use the SoB. It's not as if all these people are deliberately misusing the sigil. Exploits are bannable. So these people should be banned? I'm sensing a bit of melodrama here by labelling it an exploit. Besides, didn't you state in one of your responses that you're using it as well? So, exploit -> ban. If you don't know the definition of exploit, it makes the rest of your statements questionable as well.

Let me just put it this way. If switching weapons removes the built up stacks, meaning you can only get them back by killing x number of enemies after switching back to the weapon that has the sigil equipped, no one would be using that sigil anymore because it would be pretty much useless. Unless you're one of those 2 classes that only get 1 weapon set. To me it makes perfect sense that stack-building sigils are an exception to the rule. If they weren't, their functionality would be severely impacted.

> @"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:

> > @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > > @"Hoon.1524" said:

> > > How is it an exploit? The sigil's been in the game for 6 years, the rework for sigil slot for atleast 3 years. Why would it matter now? It's not that game breaking.

> >

> > An exploit is to benefit from things that are not working as intended.

>

>So you are saying that everyone who has a SoB and switches to a weapon set that doesn't have it, is using an exploit?

Yes.

The idea is to be changed and I do not care if you are exploiting it or not - you are starting a discussion on a different topic (exploit). I have linked you info how it should work and it is clearly different from how it is currently working. Use it as much as you want. At the moment, a lot of people are using it because they keep the stacks (and they shouldn't keep the stacks because it is not intended to do so). Also, building these stacks in wvw zerkz is extremely easy and takes 5 kills, in some cases less than 2 sec to build 25.

> @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > @"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:

> > > @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > > > @"Hoon.1524" said:

> > > > How is it an exploit? The sigil's been in the game for 6 years, the rework for sigil slot for atleast 3 years. Why would it matter now? It's not that game breaking.

> > >

> > > An exploit is to benefit from things that are not working as intended.

> >

> >So you are saying that everyone who has a SoB and switches to a weapon set that doesn't have it, is using an exploit?

> Yes.

> The idea is to be changed and I do not care if you are exploiting it or not. Use it as much as you want. At the moment, a lot of people are using it because they keep the stacks. Building these stacks in wvw zerkz is extremly eazy and takes 5 kills, in some cases less than 2 sec to build 25.

The buff from the SoB is not a weapon buff, it's a character buff. Hence why it's listed among other character-wide buffs, like boons, boosters/banners and food. If it was tied to the weapon specifically, it would not show up in the list of character-wide buffs. You build it up only when you are actively using the weapon, but the built up stacks remain when you switch weapon sets. And that is how it's supposed to work, whether you agree with it or not.

How useful would the SoB be if you switch weapons and the stacks are gone? How long would it take you to build up 25 stacks again? And for how long do you want to keep those stacks? You'd have to ignore your 2nd weapon set for a long time, especially in PvP/WvW where killing enemies doesn't go as fast as in PvE. But that is what you want. You basically want to eliminate the effectiveness of SoB, making it redundant. If your design for this sigil were to be implemented, you'd stop using it as well because it won't do much anymore. Basically you are mixing up 2 things here: the way SoB is supposed to work and the way you think it's supposed to work.

Also, educate yourself on what an exploit is. You clearly do not seem to grasp its definition .

> @"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:

> > @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > > @"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:

> > > > @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> > > > > @"Hoon.1524" said:

> > > > > How is it an exploit? The sigil's been in the game for 6 years, the rework for sigil slot for atleast 3 years. Why would it matter now? It's not that game breaking.

> > > >

> > > > An exploit is to benefit from things that are not working as intended.

> > >

> > >So you are saying that everyone who has a SoB and switches to a weapon set that doesn't have it, is using an exploit?

> > Yes.

> > The idea is to be changed and I do not care if you are exploiting it or not. Use it as much as you want. At the moment, a lot of people are using it because they keep the stacks. Building these stacks in wvw zerkz is extremly eazy and takes 5 kills, in some cases less than 2 sec to build 25.

>

> The buff from the SoB is not a weapon buff, it's a character buff. Hence why it's listed among other character-wide buffs, like boons, boosters/banners and food. If it was tied to the weapon specifically, it would not show up in the list of character-wide buffs. You build it up only when you are actively using the weapon, but the built up stacks remain when you switch weapon sets. And that is how it's supposed to work, whether you agree with it or not.

>

> How useful would the SoB be if you switch weapons and the stacks are gone? How long would it take you to build up 25 stacks again? And for how long do you want to keep those stacks? You'd have to ignore your 2nd weapon set for a long time, especially in PvP/WvW where killing enemies doesn't go as fast as in PvE. But that is what you want. You basically want to eliminate the effectiveness of SoB, making it redundant. If your design for this sigil were to be implemented, you'd stop using it as well because it won't do much anymore. Basically you are mixing up 2 things here: the way SoB is supposed to work and the way you think it's supposed to work.

>

> Also, educate yourself on what an exploit is. You clearly do not seem to graps its definition .

It is tied to the sigil, and the sigil is tied to the weapon.

Again you are starting completely irrelevant topic. How useful SoB will be is a different story. We can as well discuss how useful ele is. Again, this is not the point!

P.S Exploit: make use of (a situation) in a way considered unfair or underhand. Should I repeat 1000 times why this is unfair?

> @"bOTEB.1573" said:

>

> It is tied to the sigil, and the sigil is tied to the weapon.

> Again you are starting completely irrelevant topic. How useful SoB will be is a different story. We can as well discuss how useful ele is. Again, this is not the point!

Then explain to me why the bloodlust buff is listed among other character-wide buffs if it's not supposed to be a character-wide buff.

> @"Hoon.1524" said:

> It's all because wiki , the reliable source, says so... so we need to be completely dramatic about it...

>

> SUCH FRAUD~!!

Not sure what you mean about dramatic?

When we see buffs and nerfs in the range of 1-2% we are not dramatic?

But we see 250 power which is 10% more power in full zerk gear and we suddenly talk about an irrelevant, minimum gameplay impact, dramatic problem.

I would take the opportunity to discuss the brokenness of Swap sigils on classes with single weapons like engineer and Elementalist.

Is clearly unfair that they can trigger the effect by using kits and change element and change back less than 9 seconds.

Its clearly as this is not intended and they should be addressed. Elementalist and Engineers now souldn't be able to change kit or elements for 9 seconds.

Its all far in my eyes now.

>! Irony Off.