How goes the wintrade wars?

Ziggityzog.7389

+1 to the SH part. i for the love of god cant see why fighting in circles is considered fun. sh just more fun, defending vs breakers and 2-3 other players feels way more rewarding when u actually beat em all. alot more small scale fights against ppl without the conquest cirlcejerk 'HOLD THE MID CLOWNFIESTA' thats called teamfights.

> @"JayAction.9056" said:

> Why does everybody talk about win trading as if more than a handful of people are really affected by it?

Because it's a blanket term for the leaderboard manipulation that happens at all levels. End season is worse when people get on alts for their level and get naked or afk.

It ain't hard to get an alt to plat...tjen you can ruin matches for anyone

Easily the worst season since PoF release.

I've never had huge problems with DC-s, throwers, wintrading in the past, but for some reason this season it's just terrible. I'm only rolling builds I've never run in ranked before, therefore I am actually at a lower rating than usual, so that might be one of the reasons. But I've played like 25 games, out of which I had at least 5 dc-s, afks from start or afk-s midmatch (even at 425-470 score on niflhel right after snowballing the enemy.. ridiculous).

Also, just checking the leaderboard on EU tells you enough about the current state of pvp and what duoq brought to us.

From the sounds of it I made the correct decision to not bang my head against the wall of basement noobs giving each other a helping hand with alts as usual. 7th season sitting out of the cesspool and playing unranked sh. Seasons 1-4 were at least epic fun with game mode choice and full teams if you wanted it. hell bring back all of seasons 1-4 but make 2 separate Leader boards for solo play and team play.

That would help fix some major issues and make it somewhat fun again

Late add: So far the crowd has spoken pretty clearly.

> @"Ziggityzog.7389" said:

> Seeing how now duo is forever in ranked. i can already see the win trade wars going on the "Leaderboard" some normal suspects as usual..

It's not forever in ranked... It was brought back as a trial but I can understand what you're saying as they removed team queue as a trial too...

I'm interested to see post season. It feels like my games are better due to a population increase but only Anet knows for sure... If it did increase then I'll touch up on the point that bringing team queue back would also increase the population again due to the simple math being 1 player can ask 4 players to join him and 3 players may like it and repeat the never ending process of bringing people to the mists.

When we talk about solo environments, thats where it stops. There's no "growth", just a brick wall to climb until you get bored and leave.

(I'd be impressed if population did go up though even after removing incentives such as titles, imagine if incentives stayed)

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"Ziggityzog.7389" said:

> > Seeing how now duo is forever in ranked. i can already see the win trade wars going on the "Leaderboard" some normal suspects as usual..

>

> It's not forever in ranked... It was brought back as a trial but I can understand what you're saying as they removed team queue as a trial too...

>

> I'm interested to see post season. It feels like my games are better due to a population increase but only Anet knows for sure... If it did increase then I'll touch up on the point that bringing team queue back would also increase the population again due to the simple math being 1 player can ask 4 players to join him and 3 players may like it and repeat the never ending process of bringing people to the mists.

>

> When we talk about solo environments, thats where it stops. There's no "growth", just a brick wall to climb until you get bored and leave.

>

> (I'd be impressed if population did go up though even after removing incentives such as titles, imagine if incentives stayed)

Ment forever for the season, there is no solo only at 1,700. My bad.

I still will never understand why they have yet to just make 2 separate leaderboards one for solo and one for teams. It really wouldn't be hard to do and would improve things alot.

Going duo was the worst idea next to making all ranked play just circlequest. I mean there wasn't a issue with basement trolls win trading when they would get wiped away by a 5 team. It was there but not as rampant as the doo system.

Sadly duo is what brought the win trade wars to this epic level. I won't even click ranked because getting one idle player or a player who is obviously just messing around and wants to loose drives me mad. The last season I played I got 7-3 in the qualifying matches but then when I was around 1,700 a majority of the matches were blowouts with 2 duos and a single player vs my all 5 randoms or a pve reward hunter / afk / wintrader ruined the games. The wins I got in the 1,700 mmr were blow outside or the team had a afk.

No matter what side has the afk player or win trader it ruins the match play for both sides.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"Ziggityzog.7389" said:

> > Seeing how now duo is forever in ranked. i can already see the win trade wars going on the "Leaderboard" some normal suspects as usual..

>

> It's not forever in ranked... It was brought back as a trial but I can understand what you're saying as they removed team queue as a trial too...

>

> I'm interested to see post season. It feels like my games are better due to a population increase but only Anet knows for sure... If it did increase then I'll touch up on the point that bringing team queue back would also increase the population again due to the simple math being 1 player can ask 4 players to join him and 3 players may like it and repeat the never ending process of bringing people to the mists.

>

> When we talk about solo environments, thats where it stops. There's no "growth", just a brick wall to climb until you get bored and leave.

>

> (I'd be impressed if population did go up though even after removing incentives such as titles, imagine if incentives stayed)

Ment forever for the season, there is no solo only at 1,700. My bad.

I still will never understand why they have yet to just make 2 separate leaderboards one for solo and one for teams. It really wouldn't be hard to do and would improve things alot.

Going duo was the worst idea next to making all ranked play just circlequest. I mean there wasn't a issue with basement trolls win trading when they would get wiped away by a 5 team. It was there but not as rampant as the duo system.

Sadly duo is what brought the win trade wars to this epic level. I won't even click ranked because getting one idle player or a player who is obviously just messing around and wants to loose drives me mad. The last season I played I got 7-3 in the qualifying matches but then when I was around 1,700 a majority of the matches were blowouts with 2 duos and a single player vs my all 5 randoms or a pve reward hunter / afk / wintrader ruined the games. The wins I got in the 1,700 mmr were blow outside or the team had a afk.

No matter what side has the afk player or win trader it ruins the match play for both sides.