revenants are ruining pvp (along with cheese guard w/ judge's intervention)

incisorr.9502

> @"Arkantos.7460" said:

> > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > @"DragonFury.6243" said:

> > > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > > > > @"DragonFury.6243" said:

> > > > > > Bro you know PvP have certain elite that can kill you with only 3 skills may be 4 if you see them coming no one cares not even ANET that why they keep buffing them

> > > > >

> > > > > If somebody solo killed you in 3-4 skills then you don't know how to use your kit properly. There's no other way to put it, that's a possibility until you learn how to use your defenses, then retaliate.

> > > > >

> > > > > > i mean do anyone even bother himself to learn how to counter certain elites with all the passive healing and all that damage modifiers and the condi vomit

> > > > >

> > > > > You're right, certainly easier to not bother to learn how to counter certain elites and then just blame the design and ArenaNet

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I mean, deadeye can legit nuke someone in <1s. From stealth, mark, binding shadow, dj, 3rb until they respawn

> > >

> > > According to chaith you don't know how to use your kit properly.

> >

> > I have a video of this exact phenomenon!

> >

> >

> > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > Learn 2 play

> >

> > I'm such a kitten noob.

> >

> >OMG NOOB , do u have no passiv LIFESAVER like Engi or War where u have absolutely nothing to do just proc trait and your save ... its time for a switch

LoL

the true definition of pro PvPer in GW2

a player who utilize passive LIFESAVER proc and brag about it here in the forums

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"shinta.8906" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

>

> >

> > so having combos is bad design for a combat game?

> >

> > lets just simplify everything to 3 skills then, we can have attack, dodge and heal.... Sounds like a real fun game.

>

> qeueing up skills cause they all instant =/= combo ing skills

What?

Queuing up skills does not equal a combo?

is this some sort of Jaden Smith quote?

> @"DragonFury.6243" said:

> > > > According to chaith you don't know how to use your kit properly.

Correct.. if you get caught with your pants down without Flesh Wurm set as pictured in the video, and don't dodge away after the Immobilize has ended when he was at 30% HP, you messed up. You can't really say you used your dodges, Plague Signet, Flesh Wurm properly.

Also there is such thing at bringing a kit that is completely inadequate that make the matchup so hard that you may as well not even try.. like Nothing Can Save You instead of a lifesaving utility when you're vs. a Berserker Deadeye using both Binding Shadows and Assassin's Signet. Also not taking Soul Reaping for the Spectral Armor proc at 50%

> the true definition of pro PvPer in GW2

> a player who utilize passive LIFESAVER proc and brag about it here in the forums

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeee, Real men take all the damage to the forehead and DIE

> @"shinta.8906" said:

>

> >

> > so having combos is bad design for a combat game?

> >

> > lets just simplify everything to 3 skills then, we can have attack, dodge and heal.... Sounds like a real fun game.

>

> qeueing up skills cause they all instant =/= combo ing skills

The combo pictured in the video was:

From Kneel, Dodge, Dodge, possible Shadowmeld

Assassin's Signet (instant)

Binding Shadows (3/4 cast)

Deadeye's Mark (1/4 cast)

Shadow Meld (1/2 cast)

Here's when the Necromancer becomes aware he's under attack because he didn't see the Deadeye's Shadowmeld after getting revealed for Binding Shadows + Deadeye's Mark

Death's Judgement (1/2 cast)

Three Round Burst (1s cast)

Three Round Burst (1s cast)

Obviously with quickness from GM trait it looks like the Necromancer died in 1.25s, but he wasn't watching the right spot when the Deadeye's Binding Shadows and Deadeye's Mark revealed him.

Obviously stealth can catch you completely off guard, this is why comms are important to discover when a deadeye goes missing, and to keep your eyes peeled..

So let's break this down for the slow kids in back:

Short of having someone reveal the thief there isn't a way to find him, and no way to know when he's coming. Fight was wiped at mid, we needed home, not running into 4 people at mid on respawn. I know they have a thief, thought he was on far. Didn't even have time to set up a flesh wurm in case he came.

If I had stunbreaked the mark, I would have been caught by the knockdown.

If I broke the knockdown, I'm still immobilized (even with -50% immob duration).

Auto sa was down, and it doesn't matter if I had sa on my bar. It wouldn't have helped. I would have at best wound up with no lf, no cds, and 3k hp. Deadeye still had almost all his CDs, so he could easily stealth or teleport into position to finish. And I wouldn't have died on point, so hey.

So according to you guys my options were: feed mid with the core guard

or

die off point

Damn good advice, ya'll should write a book!

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"Jalal.6783" said:

> > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > > @"DragonFury.6243" said:

> > > > > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > > > > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > > > > > > @"DragonFury.6243" said:

> > > > > > > > Bro you know PvP have certain elite that can kill you with only 3 skills may be 4 if you see them coming no one cares not even ANET that why they keep buffing them

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If somebody solo killed you in 3-4 skills then you don't know how to use your kit properly. There's no other way to put it, that's a possibility until you learn how to use your defenses, then retaliate.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > i mean do anyone even bother himself to learn how to counter certain elites with all the passive healing and all that damage modifiers and the condi vomit

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You're right, certainly easier to not bother to learn how to counter certain elites and then just blame the design and ArenaNet

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I mean, deadeye can legit nuke someone in <1s. From stealth, mark, binding shadow, dj, 3rb until they respawn

> > > > >

> > > > > According to chaith you don't know how to use your kit properly.

> > > >

> > > > I have a video of this exact phenomenon!

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > > Learn 2 play

> > > >

> > > > I'm such a kitten noob.

> > > >

> > > > seriously though, that's with a demolisher ammy on. what i should have done is hit plague signet in the .2s between getting knocked down and downed, then dodged behind the wall on the side and somehow kited away from him while he's in stealth

> > > >

> > >

> > > My original comment was geared more towards the revenant and guardian complaints

> > >

> > > About the video, horrible positioning, of course you'll get picked off 1v1 on a side node on a GS reaper. You shouldn't be in that situation to begin with especially if you're aware there's a glass signet thief around.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > No really, what could you have done vs that? balanced

>

> judging from the video a few things...

>

> you were really slow to hit the stun break for 1 and had life force available to use to soak up some damage but more importantly your team is spread to far with a guardian and memeser heading mid, guard then followed you because he obviously knows his role... as the necro I would have gone mid with the guard and let the mes who has mobility handle those side points for ya especially knowing that the necro direct counter is bouncing around on the map.... Ontop of that, necro GS is flavour of the month so Im betting you havent played reaper much until this season which becomes apparent when looking over your reaction timing as it didn't appear you had any muscle memory reactions but more so "wheres that stun break button" sort of reaction...

>

> To top it all off, you got caught with your pants down casting a flesh worm in the corner completely unaware of your surroundings...

>

> im a bad player though but just my 2 cents.

![]([imgur](https://i.imgur.com/1P2XTky.jpg) "")

I mean, clearly a new necro player with no experience. See above for why none of these bright ideas would've helped

> @"Egorum.9506" said:

> So let's break this down for the slow kids in back:

> So according to you guys my options were: feed mid with the core guard

> or

> die off point

>

> kitten good advice, ya'll should write a book!

Nobody said your options would be good if you®:

- Spectral Armor was on cooldown,

- Couldn't go into Reaper's Shroud

- You weren't expecting their missing Deadeye

- You didn't spot the revealed Deadeye cast Deadeye's Mark, and Shadowmeld from the ledge,

- Had Wurm and Plague Signet go unused,

- Didn't at least spam double dodge behind the ledge and consume conditions on the poison/vuln after immobilize timed out, and be around 50% health. You had an ally right there....

> @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > So let's break this down for the slow kids in back:

> > So according to you guys my options were: feed mid with the core guard

> > or

> > die off point

> >

> > kitten good advice, ya'll should write a book!

>

>

> Nobody said your options would be good if you®:

> - Spectral Armor was on cooldown,

> - Couldn't go into Reaper's Shroud

> - You weren't expecting their missing Deadeye

> - You didn't spot the revealed Deadeye cast Deadeye's Mark, and Shadowmeld from the ledge,

> - Had Wurm and Plague Signet go unused,

> - Didn't at least spam double dodge behind the ledge and consume conditions on the poison/vuln after immobilize timed out, and be around 50% health. You had an ally right there....

>

>

>

>

Take a nice close look at my bar, and at the deadeye in that clip. I'm immobilized until I'm dead, so no dodging. And if you look closely you can see that dj+1 3rb is enough to drop me with 21k hp and 2.5k armor in <1s.

Again, even if I had sent the immob back with signet and somehow dodged out of Los, he still has stealth and teleport up to finish. All that would accomplish is me dying off point.

There was no time to 'spot the Deadeye's mark cast' because he chained it together with binding shadows and the burst, there's no waiting period between. He then used Shadowmeld to break targetting, not to stack malice.

> @"Egorum.9506" said:

> Take a nice close look at my bar, and at the deadeye in that clip. I'm immobilized until I'm dead, so no dodging.

https://ibb.co/cZQGkK

You had 8649HP when your immobilize wore off.. as per this screenshot. You were preoccupied trying to use Plague Signet and not dodging at all. Double away behind ledge, consume conditions, you would have been at 16,785 hp and had an ally on the way. He would have been just too slow to swap to S/P, Infil strike and Pistol Whip.

> There was no time to 'spot the Deadeye's mark cast' because he chained it together with binding shadows and the burst, there's no waiting period between. He then used Shadowmeld to break targetting, not to stack malice.

After he cast Binding Shadow's and Deadeye's mark, he was revealed.. he then cast Shadowmeld before starting Death's Judgement. You just weren't looking in the direction he was opening from, if you were, you would have been able to target a Plague Signet in time or be ready to dodge the Three Round Bursts that took you from 8649 to dead.

One thing I think is unfair is that while the Deadeye is Stealthed, the 1-2s animation from Binding Shadow seems to be hidden..

> @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > Take a nice close look at my bar, and at the deadeye in that clip. I'm immobilized until I'm dead, so no dodging.

>

> https://ibb.co/cZQGkK

>

> You had 8649HP when your immobilize wore off.. as per this screenshot. You were preoccupied trying to use Plague Signet and not dodging at all. Double away behind ledge, consume conditions, you would have been at 16,785 hp and had an ally on the way. He would have been just too slow to swap to S/P, Infil strike and Pistol Whip.

>

> > There was no time to 'spot the Deadeye's mark cast' because he chained it together with binding shadows and the burst, there's no waiting period between. He then used Shadowmeld to break targetting, not to stack malice.

>

> After he cast Binding Shadow's and Deadeye's mark, he was revealed.. he then cast Shadowmeld before starting Death's Judgement. You just weren't looking in the direction he was opening from, if you were, you would have been able to target a Plague Signet in time or be ready to dodge the Three Round Bursts that took you from 8649 to dead.

>

> One thing I think is unfair is that while the Deadeye is Stealthed, the 1-2s animation from Binding Shadow seems to be hidden..

>

>

And he's casting a quickness 3rb, so with latency I'd still be dead by the time plague signet went off to break the knockdown. .2s is not enough time to have done shit and you know it man.

I suppose he would just let me cast consume to be sporting too right? With its 1.25s cast time? He certainly wouldn't shadowstep and 3rb again? Would you?

Does flesh wurm not function like infiltrators return? It's been years since i've played necro. but if they function the same (which they probably do) he would of died anyway. He's finished with 2 3 round bursts, since most of the projectiles would of been in the air while he was porting, him moving 2500 radius away or porting behind a wall makes no difference (projectiles in Air, bend time and space in gw2)

your better of dodging as soon as you see the mark, even if the thief doesn't attack during that time, you can at least prevent this situation.

> > @"Exedore.6320" said:

> > While overly dramatic, the OP does have a point. There are too many instant damage skills and ways to combo a ton of damage. If you have to be practically psychic in order to avoid a burst that you can't see in order to not die to it (from full HP), that's bad design. A lot of it comes from damage being far too high than the teleport skills though.

>

> so having combos is bad design for a combat game?

>

> lets just simplify everything to 3 skills then, we can have attack, dodge and heal.... Sounds like a real fun game.

When one skill does a great chunk of damage. its not really comboing =/ What elementalist do is comboing. Fire dagger 4 -> 5.

I want to be skillful by having 50%+ uptime of evades and blocks please. Please teach ele how to have as many invuln frames and still be able to burst people in a couple of seconds!

I mean, revs, mirages, spellbreakers...all of these builds everyone KNOWs take an insane amount of skill to play, they all only have iFrames that take up a good 50% of the fight. It is so unreasonably skillful!! Great balance devs!! HURRAH!

As much as I laugh at people like this OP for just complaining about whatever kills him, it's impossible to not at least note that Rev's skill-based gameplay has been taking significant hits over the last 2 years.

Last year: Equilibrium was removed because it was "hard to use" and replaced by a perma 25 might trait with no effort required. In the past, you had to use Nefarious Momentum and micromanage your might if you wanted to have that 25. Now all you do is press buttons and it'll happen.

Also last year: Offhand sword was "reworked" into a one-shot worthy weapon with little effort required to pull it off, and then actually was buffed even after it was performing well. This is the biggest culprit.

Last week: Boon-based playstyle being nerfed horribly if not essentially eliminated (rip F2) in favor of more damage mods and more one-shot potential.

OP may be babyraging but the rev changes missed the mark.

> @"Highlie.7641" said:

> Does flesh wurm not function like infiltrators return? It's been years since i've played necro. but if they function the same (which they probably do) he would of died anyway. He's finished with 2 3 round bursts, since most of the projectiles would of been in the air while he was porting, him moving 2500 radius away or porting behind a wall makes no difference (projectiles in Air, bend time and space in gw2)

>

> your better of dodging as soon as you see the mark, even if the thief doesn't attack during that time, you can at least prevent this situation.

With this combo it's not an option, mark gives quickness and .25s later blinding shadow applies knockdown and immob. So unless your reaction time is better than 1/4 of a second...

Complain about rev, please use arguments ... Look sir, I only play rev and I always played it, even when I was garbage in pvp to such an extent that my teammates when they saw me in the lobby asked me to change pe profession and complain that the game was already lost by having a rev. Now that rev is decent, they come to complain but ... have they fought against high-ranking mesmers? I do not come to say what I think or not OP but I see it absurd that they come to download their anger here asking nerfs because a guy killed him. Ltp just as I did with the 200 nerfs that have done to the revolutions;) PD: I'm sorry to disappoint you by telling you that rev does a little less damage after the last patch.

> @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > Take a nice close look at my bar, and at the deadeye in that clip. I'm immobilized until I'm dead, so no dodging.

> >

> > https://ibb.co/cZQGkK

> >

> > You had 8649HP when your immobilize wore off.. as per this screenshot. You were preoccupied trying to use Plague Signet and not dodging at all. Double away behind ledge, consume conditions, you would have been at 16,785 hp and had an ally on the way. He would have been just too slow to swap to S/P, Infil strike and Pistol Whip.

> >

> > > There was no time to 'spot the Deadeye's mark cast' because he chained it together with binding shadows and the burst, there's no waiting period between. He then used Shadowmeld to break targetting, not to stack malice.

> >

> > After he cast Binding Shadow's and Deadeye's mark, he was revealed.. he then cast Shadowmeld before starting Death's Judgement. You just weren't looking in the direction he was opening from, if you were, you would have been able to target a Plague Signet in time or be ready to dodge the Three Round Bursts that took you from 8649 to dead.

> >

> > One thing I think is unfair is that while the Deadeye is Stealthed, the 1-2s animation from Binding Shadow seems to be hidden..

> >

> >

>

> And he's casting a quickness 3rb, so with latency I'd still be dead by the time plague signet went off to break the knockdown. .2s is not enough time to have done kitten and you know it man.

>

> I suppose he would just let me cast consume to be sporting too right? With its 1.25s cast time? He certainly wouldn't shadowstep and 3rb again? Would you?

its almost useless to speek with this kind of player only a PvPer who play reaper in plat will know exactly how reaper feel

so my advice to you instead of all this explanations ask them to post a video of them playing in plat as reaper its easier believe me

> @"Egorum.9506" said:

> With this combo it's not an option, mark gives quickness and .25s later blinding shadow applies knockdown and immob. So unless your reaction time is better than 1/4 of a second...

The problem is that Binding Shadow has a 1s delay and shows a tether between the Deadeye and Target, and an ominous red cloud on your position, it's a well telegraphed skill..... until the Deadeye uses it from stealth and then the animation is invisible.

> > @"shinta.8906" said:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> >

> > >

> > > so having combos is bad design for a combat game?

> > >

> > > lets just simplify everything to 3 skills then, we can have attack, dodge and heal.... Sounds like a real fun game.

> >

> > qeueing up skills cause they all instant =/= combo ing skills

>

> What?

> Queuing up skills does not equal a combo?

> is this some sort of Jaden Smith quote?

>

>

no its not a combo. its just that making instant skill + instant skill + instant skill = one bomb

a combo for me looks like a into b into massiv c. same as stunlock - immob - burst works and at best u actually use combofields (i know they out of date).

putting all skills that do dmg on qeue - doesnt matter if they are defensive or offensive they only need to add number at the end - does not equal a combo for me. thats stacking.

> @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > @"Jalal.6783" said:

> > > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > > > @"DragonFury.6243" said:

> > > > > > > @"Egorum.9506" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Chaith.8256" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"DragonFury.6243" said:

> > > > > > > > > Bro you know PvP have certain elite that can kill you with only 3 skills may be 4 if you see them coming no one cares not even ANET that why they keep buffing them

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If somebody solo killed you in 3-4 skills then you don't know how to use your kit properly. There's no other way to put it, that's a possibility until you learn how to use your defenses, then retaliate.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > i mean do anyone even bother himself to learn how to counter certain elites with all the passive healing and all that damage modifiers and the condi vomit

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You're right, certainly easier to not bother to learn how to counter certain elites and then just blame the design and ArenaNet

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I mean, deadeye can legit nuke someone in <1s. From stealth, mark, binding shadow, dj, 3rb until they respawn

> > > > > >

> > > > > > According to chaith you don't know how to use your kit properly.

> > > > >

> > > > > I have a video of this exact phenomenon!

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > > > Learn 2 play

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm such a kitten noob.

> > > > >

> > > > > seriously though, that's with a demolisher ammy on. what i should have done is hit plague signet in the .2s between getting knocked down and downed, then dodged behind the wall on the side and somehow kited away from him while he's in stealth

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > My original comment was geared more towards the revenant and guardian complaints

> > > >

> > > > About the video, horrible positioning, of course you'll get picked off 1v1 on a side node on a GS reaper. You shouldn't be in that situation to begin with especially if you're aware there's a glass signet thief around.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > No really, what could you have done vs that? balanced

> >

> > judging from the video a few things...

> >

> > you were really slow to hit the stun break for 1 and had life force available to use to soak up some damage but more importantly your team is spread to far with a guardian and memeser heading mid, guard then followed you because he obviously knows his role... as the necro I would have gone mid with the guard and let the mes who has mobility handle those side points for ya especially knowing that the necro direct counter is bouncing around on the map.... Ontop of that, necro GS is flavour of the month so Im betting you havent played reaper much until this season which becomes apparent when looking over your reaction timing as it didn't appear you had any muscle memory reactions but more so "wheres that stun break button" sort of reaction...

> >

> > To top it all off, you got caught with your pants down casting a flesh worm in the corner completely unaware of your surroundings...

> >

> > im a bad player though but just my 2 cents.

>

> ![]([imgur](https://i.imgur.com/1P2XTky.jpg) "")

>

> I mean, clearly a new necro player with no experience. See above for why none of these bright ideas would've helped

New or not doesn't invalidate what I said... That was extremely slow reaction timing on the stun break, didn't bother to soak up damage with Life force and you got caught with your pants down casting a flesh wurm during a bad rotation. There's plenty of threads about that roaming Necro and why they're useless... Not saying you're useless either but that video shows you wondering off to solo a node and the guardian that was going to head mid expecting you to follow quickly changed his path to follow his Nec because he knows his role... Things get messy when the team plays for 3 nodes at the same time too.

Can't even say if this is higher tiers either... Just about all of my Higher tier games involved regroups on Wipes and protecting the DPS onto a point... Your game just looks like the average gold level game I'm used too with people all over the place playing 3 points

> @"shinta.8906" said:

> > > @"shinta.8906" said:

> > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > >

> > > >

> > > > so having combos is bad design for a combat game?

> > > >

> > > > lets just simplify everything to 3 skills then, we can have attack, dodge and heal.... Sounds like a real fun game.

> > >

> > > qeueing up skills cause they all instant =/= combo ing skills

> >

> > What?

> > Queuing up skills does not equal a combo?

> > is this some sort of Jaden Smith quote?

> >

> >

>

> no its not a combo. its just that making instant skill + instant skill + instant skill = one bomb

>

> a combo for me looks like a into b into massiv c. same as stunlock - immob - burst works and at best u actually use combofields (i know they out of date).

>

> putting all skills that do dmg on qeue - doesnt matter if they are defensive or offensive they only need to add number at the end - does not equal a combo for me. thats stacking.

>

>

Well you better brush up on the Dictionary then or make an Appeal to have the word changed.

Combo

Combo is short for Combination

Combination is a set or series of different actions, colors or sounds put together.

"man did you see that combo i nailed to his face? left jab, right jab and hook!"

Or to put it in GW2 terms:

"man did you see that combo i nailed to his face? Banish, Judges Intervention and Mighty Blow!"