Onslaught Power Reaper Roaming [Video]

Zero Solstice.9754

Hey guys, if you are interested in seeing some gameplay of Power Reaper in WvW after the most recent patch, here is a fresh video for you:

The first clip is some Condi Reaper gameplay that I had left over from not long ago, but the rest is footage from Tuesday and Wednesday.

As always, feel free to comment, criticize, leave a like (or don't), and have a wonderful day.

why dont you use food? you are playing against very broken stat-choices available in wvw (in contrast to spvp) and even more so foods like 40% endurance increase on evade-heavy professions.

playing necro and roaming (alone) is already handicap enough, right?

i love the usage of the environment and the gap closer in form of reaper shroud two.

however, when i try smth like that, there is very often someone joining the fight or simply smarter guys than me.

i am envious of that success.

show me some ridicolous lose situations too. pretty please

> @"Aetatis.5418" said:

> why dont you use food? you are playing against very broken stat-choices available in wvw (in contrast to spvp) and even more so foods like 40% endurance increase on evade-heavy professions.

> playing necro and roaming (alone) is already handicap enough, right?

>

> i love the usage of the environment and the gap closer in form of reaper shroud two.

> however, when i try smth like that, there is very often someone joining the fight or simply smarter guys than me.

> i am envious of that success.

> show me some ridicolous lose situations too. pretty please

To be honest, I can't bother myself to waste money on food all the time when you aren't even guaranteed to always find fights in WvW, so when I'm not using actual food I just use Welfare Cake (Birthday Blaster). Otherwise though, yeah it is a definite handicap to not be running or abusing overly-powerful food. As for showing some ridiculous lose situations, I try in my videos to include clips that show fights that are generally *good*, not necessarily fights that are victories, so I have clips all throughout my videos where I get focused, go downstate, and get helped, or fights where I simply get attritioned out and end up dying; it's about if I feel like the content was worth viewing for some reason or another, whether it was good teamplay, good sustain, a prolonged engagement with strong kill count, a showing of high damage or power level, etc.

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> Hmmm. Why pack the might stunbreak shout, you almost never use it. Guess you are playing shouts trait. But still.

>

> In my opinion it's the most garbage of all shouts.

>

> Spectral walk or spectral armor are much better in my opinion. As they also provide a lot of lifeforce.

>

>

It really depends on how I'm feeling and the comp I'm running with. Shout Heal has high uptime when paired with the trait, which lends you some respectable sustain if you are running a solo op, at which point you get synergy running Shout Stunbreak as well, plus it has higher uptime than other stunbreaks, which is sometimes more relevant than other things. Other times, I'll just take Consume Conditions for the stronger overall heal and more condi cleanse, and then take Spectral Armor for the loss in Life Force from not running Shout Heal.

Side note: Don't think too lowly of You Are All Weaklings. If you are running Blighter's Boon especially, it becomes the lowest cooldown stunbreak, a Might source, a massive trade swinger through the Might and Weakness, a source of Life Force, and even a method of cleansing Blind.

> @"Zero Solstice.9754" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > Hmmm. Why pack the might stunbreak shout, you almost never use it. Guess you are playing shouts trait. But still.

> >

> > In my opinion it's the most garbage of all shouts.

> >

> > Spectral walk or spectral armor are much better in my opinion. As they also provide a lot of lifeforce.

> >

> >

>

> It really depends on how I'm feeling and the comp I'm running with. Shout Heal has high uptime when paired with the trait, which lends you some respectable sustain if you are running a solo op, at which point you get synergy running Shout Stunbreak as well, plus it has higher uptime than other stunbreaks, which is sometimes more relevant than other things. Other times, I'll just take Consume Conditions for the stronger overall heal and more condi cleanse, and then take Spectral Armor for the loss in Life Force from not running Shout Heal.

>

> Side note: Don't think too lowly of You Are All Weaklings. If you are running Blighter's Boon especially, it becomes the lowest cooldown stunbreak, a Might source, a massive trade swinger through the Might and Weakness, a source of Life Force, and even a method of cleansing Blind.

But you aren't running blighters boon or your title is incorrect.

Reaper doesn't need more might, it has plenty sources of might

Then it doesn't give any lifeforce even if traited.

I do think very lowly of yaaw.

As a reaper most fights are over pretty quickly. Either enemy dies pretty fast or you die

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"Zero Solstice.9754" said:

> > > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > Hmmm. Why pack the might stunbreak shout, you almost never use it. Guess you are playing shouts trait. But still.

> > >

> > > In my opinion it's the most garbage of all shouts.

> > >

> > > Spectral walk or spectral armor are much better in my opinion. As they also provide a lot of lifeforce.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > It really depends on how I'm feeling and the comp I'm running with. Shout Heal has high uptime when paired with the trait, which lends you some respectable sustain if you are running a solo op, at which point you get synergy running Shout Stunbreak as well, plus it has higher uptime than other stunbreaks, which is sometimes more relevant than other things. Other times, I'll just take Consume Conditions for the stronger overall heal and more condi cleanse, and then take Spectral Armor for the loss in Life Force from not running Shout Heal.

> >

> > Side note: Don't think too lowly of You Are All Weaklings. If you are running Blighter's Boon especially, it becomes the lowest cooldown stunbreak, a Might source, a massive trade swinger through the Might and Weakness, a source of Life Force, and even a method of cleansing Blind.

>

> But you aren't running blighters boon or your title is incorrect.

> Reaper doesn't need more might, it has plenty sources of might

> Then it doesn't give any lifeforce even if traited.

>

>

> I do think very lowly of yaaw.

>

> As a reaper most fights are over pretty quickly. Either enemy dies pretty fast or you die

No, the title is right, I'm not running Blighter's Boon, I was just saying with Blighter's Boon YaaW is especially good, but otherwise it's still solid. Reaper has plenty of sources of Might and Might uptime when a fight is going especially well, but you shouldn't make a build, especially for solo or small scale roaming, that relies on best case scenarios. Taking into account average case scenarios, you won't have perma-25 Might because opponents won't always be below 50% health, they won't be chilled, and you won't be spamming Reaper autos. This is even more true in 1v1's, and in 1v1's the Weakness from YaaW becomes even more relevant.

Not trying to tell you you're wrong per-say, because you're perfectly right in saying Spectral Armor is a great skill, but YaaW certainly has a place in the game!