Deadeye perma stealth + massive damage needs to be changed

Abraxxus.8971

> @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > @"Abraxxus.8971" said:

> > > If a deadeye wants to be have perma stealth, they need to take a massive damage reduction or **take 2x or 3x damage while they are kneeling in position**.

> > there is already not much reason to kneel aside when you actually need that little extra range or projectile block in both cases your not likely to get damaged anyway. so can you explain how that will improve your experience against a deadeye?

> > > @"Abraxxus.8971" said:

> > > This crap of being able to constantly stealth on command and deal massive damage at anytime is not balance in anyway.

> > they cant stealth when dealing damage. its either damage or stealth. i dont see how too much stealth can be an issue in spvp where this prevents capture point contribution. stealth aside from using it to hide your tracks is pretty much countered by the mode itself.

> >

> >

>

> Not really. When you burst the guy he is dead and there for there is nothing contesting the point. We both know how silly de is in a keep/tower in wvw and it's no different here neither.

i dunno i have a hard time keeping a circle in a WvW tower or keep. tho indeed its rarely one person. in spvp you are far more pressed for time than in WvW. so while people still see it as an issue if i am stealthed near a capture point doing nothing in WvW for hours, if i do that for a few minutes in spvp the match is over.

i feel like its more like a fight over a camp if it is my camp and the fight takes too long i will lose it even against a single opponent. if it is not my camp then it depends again on the opponent how long it will take for me to down them, if it takes too long in spvp someone will come to help kill me, in WvW not allways and then its a scourge coming to help - thats a huge difference.

winning a 1 vs 1 on lets say such a 1 vs 1 spvp server, thats another story. yet i am not sure if they dont have rules for stealth. i think they also had rules that forbid too defensive amulets back when they were a thing.

Deadeye rifle is fundamentally a "noob killer".

Yes, some of those people will protest very loudly but, it's like this.

A bit of knowledge, some reflexes and a stun breaker, it's what it takes to sink the "power" of a DE.

Some advices :

1- Against the DJ

In the video we can clearly heard the shoooooo sound and even with the bad quality the "laser" that warns player of the shot.

Average people has reflexes to dodge it. So a simple dodge and it's done.

The stun combo + DJ is not instant. If you are stuned, use your stunbreak and dodge.

2- The 3 round burst and any shots from a kneeled DE

Make good use of walls. Dodge and reflects. Only the DJ cannot be reflectected but see point 1. You must not take it. And you are even more warned if the DE get stealthed.

3- The stealths

Now nearly all the classes has reveals. Use walls and move. Just be prepared to stunbreak and dodge and you will not get hit much.

Stealths cost a lot to a DE, they don't have a lot, unless they switch to dagger/pistol. But so they become a "classic thief".

4- The counterattack

After dodging just get close to the DE. MOST most will just panic and they will die very quickly. Because most DE are very bad. Thet can just do their well learned opening. But the spe is fragile and the most difficult of all to survive.

As I said, they have less stealth than a d/p thief and less survability than a s/d.

+ The kneel position is very hard to manage for most DE.

Now if you are very slow, then there is nothing that you can really do. And you will die anyway against most good players playing any spe and classes of the game. It's just that it will not take 3 sec.

> @"Delweyn.1309" said:

> Deadeye rifle is fundamentally a "noob killer".

>

> Yes, some of those people will protest very loudly but, it's like this.

You describe it like you are in a 1v1 arena while it's not. Then what you say it's situational. A good de will take his opportunities and snipe when he is safe to do so. And no not all classes or builds have reveals - while in some cases reveals are not preferred.

> @"Delweyn.1309" said:

> Deadeye rifle is fundamentally a "noob killer".

>

> Yes, some of those people will protest very loudly but, it's like this.

>

> A bit of knowledge, some reflexes and a stun breaker, it's what it takes to sink the "power" of a DE.

>

> Some advices :

> 1- Against the DJ

> In the video we can clearly heard the shoooooo sound and even with the bad quality the "laser" that warns player of the shot.

> Average people has reflexes to dodge it. So a simple dodge and it's done.

> The stun combo + DJ is not instant. If you are stuned, use your stunbreak and dodge.

>

> 2- The 3 round burst and any shots from a kneeled DE

> Make good use of walls. Dodge and reflects. Only the DJ cannot be reflectected but see point 1. You must not take it. And you are even more warned if the DE get stealthed.

>

> 3- The stealths

> Now nearly all the classes has reveals. Use walls and move. Just be prepared to stunbreak and dodge and you will not get hit much.

> Stealths cost a lot to a DE, they don't have a lot, unless they switch to dagger/pistol. But so they become a "classic thief".

>

> 4- The counterattack

> After dodging just get close to the DE. MOST most will just panic and they will die very quickly. Because most DE are very bad. Thet can just do their well learned opening. But the spe is fragile and the most difficult of all to survive.

> As I said, they have less stealth than a d/p thief and less survability than a s/d.

> + The kneel position is very hard to manage for most DE.

>

> Now if you are very slow, then there is nothing that you can really do. And you will die anyway against most good players playing any spe and classes of the game. It's just that it will not take 3 sec.

Take a look at that video again champ, knockdown +immob. So no dodging. Killed me in <1s. Even if I had broken the stun, sent the immob to the de after he breaks targeting with meld, shroud up and dodged in that .5s window...

I'd still have less than half hp, no CDs. He still has teleport and quickness to drop me. So the options are die on point or die off point

It isn't difficult to play DE lol. Kneel roll for stealth, retreat for disengage. If you get revealed who cares, meld. Worst comes to worst, shadowstep.