Recommended healer for frontline zerg support?

Odokuro.5049

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"ArchonWing.9480" said:

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Compounding_Chemicals

> >

> > I'm guessing it could be this.

>

> But where would I get a boon from, doing nothing? Pressumably that wouldnt work off boons granted by friendlies.

it does work from boons that other people grant you. Being teamed with a boon share chrono for example adds a crapload of free extra healing

> @"Dediggefedde.4961" said:

>

> about scrapper cons:

> Self-heal is pretty decent in my opinion. F1 heals you for 50% HP on a 20s CD and most AoE-healing affects you first. Then the passive from regeneration, rapid regeneration, compounding chemicals...

> Low HPS is also not really true. overcleansing conditions allows you to distribute large amounts of regeneration over multiple groups. In cases where there is constant AoE damage with conditions and many people near you (like in 2-3 arrow carts) I was able to get to 18k hps for half a minute.

> A worse con is the on-point requirement. A healrev can move the tablet to allies and heal them. scrappers need to be near them.

> No active boon proc is wrong, since there is stability, superspeed, regeneration and protection that can be actively triggered. The condi clear is high enough, though, that boons should be plenty after 5-10s infight. The only trouble I had so far was stacking might up for the group.

cons are compared to other not as self.

20 sec cd where in zerg fight you can take more hits. put you in situation you must be afar from your melee team thus not healing them. aoe healing reserve for burst dmg than they are on cd

this is compare to rev which has the lowest cd.

hps on many allies yield the highest maybe but overall healing to 1 ally is the lowest. so hps is nice but was it enough for the 5 man group maybe not.

boons - again cd on skills and most are reserve for retreat moment like super speed (not a boon) , regen proc on heal skill which reserve for the healing.

so compare to guard and rev , scrapper is cons...

regarding corrupt i hardly died from conditions bomb due to FB and more power base group than conditions

> @"messiah.1908" said:

> > @"Dediggefedde.4961" said:

> >

> > about scrapper cons:

> > Self-heal is pretty decent in my opinion. F1 heals you for 50% HP on a 20s CD and most AoE-healing affects you first. Then the passive from regeneration, rapid regeneration, compounding chemicals...

> > Low HPS is also not really true. overcleansing conditions allows you to distribute large amounts of regeneration over multiple groups. In cases where there is constant AoE damage with conditions and many people near you (like in 2-3 arrow carts) I was able to get to 18k hps for half a minute.

> > A worse con is the on-point requirement. A healrev can move the tablet to allies and heal them. scrappers need to be near them.

> > No active boon proc is wrong, since there is stability, superspeed, regeneration and protection that can be actively triggered. The condi clear is high enough, though, that boons should be plenty after 5-10s infight. The only trouble I had so far was stacking might up for the group.

>

> cons are compared to other not as self.

>

> 20 sec cd where in zerg fight you can take more hits. put you in situation you must be afar from your melee team thus not healing them. aoe healing reserve for burst dmg than they are on cd

>

> this is compare to rev which has the lowest cd.

>

> hps on many allies yield the highest maybe but overall healing to 1 ally is the lowest. so hps is nice but was it enough for the 5 man group maybe not.

How much singletarget healing do you need in the frontline zerg though? Bandage on 8s cd should heal for around 15k hp if you faceplant them all into someone.

The thing with scrapper healing is that you dont see a friendly at 50% hp and then heal them for 50% hp, done deal until next cd. You will constantly be overhealing and trying to maintain a high overall hp all the time for as much of the zerg you can cover, its a sustain healer. And yes, its both a pro and a con. I still find it meh in small groups.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"messiah.1908" said:

> > > @"Dediggefedde.4961" said:

> > >

> > > about scrapper cons:

> > > Self-heal is pretty decent in my opinion. F1 heals you for 50% HP on a 20s CD and most AoE-healing affects you first. Then the passive from regeneration, rapid regeneration, compounding chemicals...

> > > Low HPS is also not really true. overcleansing conditions allows you to distribute large amounts of regeneration over multiple groups. In cases where there is constant AoE damage with conditions and many people near you (like in 2-3 arrow carts) I was able to get to 18k hps for half a minute.

> > > A worse con is the on-point requirement. A healrev can move the tablet to allies and heal them. scrappers need to be near them.

> > > No active boon proc is wrong, since there is stability, superspeed, regeneration and protection that can be actively triggered. The condi clear is high enough, though, that boons should be plenty after 5-10s infight. The only trouble I had so far was stacking might up for the group.

> >

> > cons are compared to other not as self.

> >

> > 20 sec cd where in zerg fight you can take more hits. put you in situation you must be afar from your melee team thus not healing them. aoe healing reserve for burst dmg than they are on cd

> >

> > this is compare to rev which has the lowest cd.

> >

> > hps on many allies yield the highest maybe but overall healing to 1 ally is the lowest. so hps is nice but was it enough for the 5 man group maybe not.

> How much singletarget healing do you need in the frontline zerg though? Bandage on 8s cd should heal for around 15k hp if you faceplant them all into someone.

>

> The thing with scrapper healing is that you dont see a friendly at 50% hp and then heal them for 50% hp, done deal until next cd. You will constantly be overhealing and trying to maintain a high overall hp all the time for as much of the zerg you can cover, its a sustain healer. And yes, its both a pro and a con. I still find it meh in small groups.

exactly its sustain to maintain on a group but inorder to heal up 1 ally in need you need to focus him closely inorder to heal him more with couple of heals.

dont forget that in the heat of the fight 15k heal is not enough as you need to heal more couple of times and more allies as the dmg is still coming for couple of seconds. that is why FB alone are not enough.

with the last update ventari rev just using facet of nature and tablet moving can heal each ally more than 3k hps

regen proc 950 per sec

elevated compassion 500 hps (3 sec proc)

facet of nature ventari 340 hps (3 sec proc)

project tranquility 280 hps (3 sec proc)

moving the tablet 1000 hps (3 sec proc)

rune of water 350 hps (10 sec proc)

total 3,420 healing per sec

every 3 sec it will heal 6,360 (without regen)

talking about easy sustain healing ....

Thanks for the Video and Build!

> @"messiah.1908" said:

> > @"Dediggefedde.4961" said:

> > about scrapper cons:

> > Self-heal is pretty decent in my opinion. F1 heals you for 50% HP on a 20s CD

> 20 sec cd where in zerg fight you can take more hits.

F1 has 20s CD. Other self-heals are Soothing detonation, blasting water fields, rapid regeneration, Medikit-4, super elixir, elixir shell, regeneration, compounding chemicals... Together with hammer evades and blocks, I have more than enough self-heal.

The biggest advantage of heal-rev that I see is that he can heal allies without being there. So, if your positioning is good, you can heal 5 allies.

And of course the healing pulses are big and can be timed for a pretty constant output.

I still like heal-scrapper more for the 4 condi/s group cleanse, group stability and superspeed. I was even able to get to 17k hps in some blobbs against multiple ACs, but in those cases regeneration was outhealing MDF, indicating I had applied regeneration on multiple groups.

In our guild composition we have two engineers. With one heal scrapper, I switched to an anti-condi holosmith variant. Only little healing, but strong damage and 6 condi/s group cleanse. That might also be a nice addition when using a Herold-healer. ^^