Request Developers to change Banners to Facets.

Warlord.9074

But the idea to have them passively pulse their effects while people have them equipped isn't 'active' gameplay either. In fact, I would argue that as they work now, with the ability to pick them up and use their skills, is way more active than just somehow having them pulse passively while 'equipped' like a facet.

I think the OP's problem is that he wants the team buff to follow the warrior around, which is how facets work. It was someone else (who's not following the thread well enough) that suggested the problem was 'non-active' gameplay.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> But the idea to have them passively pulse their effects while people carry them isn't 'active' gameplay either. In fact, I would argue that as they work now, with the ability to pick them up and use their skills, is way more active than just somehow having they pulse passively while 'equipped' like a facet.

>

>

i don't really get what OP is trying to get at either.

the only change i would like to see to banners is that they're more pleasant(?) to reposition

> @"derd.6413" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > But the idea to have them passively pulse their effects while people carry them isn't 'active' gameplay either. In fact, I would argue that as they work now, with the ability to pick them up and use their skills, is way more active than just somehow having they pulse passively while 'equipped' like a facet.

> >

> >

>

> i don't really get what OP is trying to get at either.

> the only change i would like to see to banners is that they're more pleasant(?) to reposition

That I can stand behind. The reward for moving these things is far less than the risk to move them or the lost opportunity while doing it.

I know people keep suggesting to carry a banner on their back, but am I the only one that thinks this would look super lame? I can't think of a worse visual than having a pole stick off your back.

I personally would like to see the active skills reworked. Perhaps they could form a support spec that we are missing?

> @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> I know people keep suggesting to carry a banner on their back, but am I the only one that thinks this would look super lame? I can't think of a worse visual than having a pole stick off your back.

>

> I personally would like to see the active skills reworked. Perhaps they could form a support spec that we are missing?

Meh, it's not that lame. It'd probably look pretty cool on my samurai-themed warrior actually. And the art concept is already in place (there's like 5 different backpieces that use this)(though, on second thought, if your backpiece is set to visible, this would cause an ugly clipping issue).

> @"Scalpels.2809" said:

> > @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > I know people keep suggesting to carry a banner on their back, but am I the only one that thinks this would look super lame? I can't think of a worse visual than having a pole stick off your back.

> >

> > I personally would like to see the active skills reworked. Perhaps they could form a support spec that we are missing?

>

> Meh, it's not that lame. It'd probably look pretty cool on my samurai-themed warrior actually. And the art concept is already in place (there's like 5 different backpieces that use this)(though, on second thought, if your backpiece is set to visible, this would cause an ugly clipping issue).

It'd have to hide your backpack like if you have a shield equipped.