Healing stats and traits question (WvW)

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I made a Reaper with the following build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR4YnMbCt2gF3AebC0bilfBb6Gc16BQfpAwHI+I2EniA-jFSBABOqEUQdAL8AAwTzwoq/s/+DAcBACT5XAgDgzPPzbew5nf+5nfeN/8zP/8zPPkCIzxAA-w

It’s mostly for supporting groups and zergs. It’s been fun because of the sustain I get from it. But I am thing about switching out the blood traitline with soul reaping to take advantage of new gluttony and other traits that would be useful to the build. However, would doing that make clerics stats useless at that point? Need some thoughts on this from experienced Necros.

"Taking advantage of new gluttony" is impossible right now. It's 1 proc per weapon swap, which is far too infrequent to mean anything.

And yes, swapping Blood to Soul Reaping means Cleric stats are a godawful choice. Blood magic is where we get our strong healing power scaling. Outside of that, it's just dagger 2 and Well of Blood that have decent scaling, only one of which is even in your build.

That build doesn't offer any support for zergs outside transfusion, if anything it's a self sustain build that's reliant on guardis/heralds for stab and prot. And even with transfusion, because your weapons are all melee, you'll just pull downed people into hotter situations.

Edit

Try something like a wells backline if you want to play support w/o scourge

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBHhZ6kkGonGslGwmGgeTs0NYUfgRQFIeBGBvgTPgBQAA-jFhZABCp+DAK/aRJom7PEA4Aw5nf+5nfeN/8zP/8zPPkCIzxAA-w

Offers condi cleanses, boon hate, and fast, safe rezes with well of blood

> @"Sephylon.4938" said:

> That build doesn't offer any support for zergs outside transfusion, if anything it's a self sustain build that's reliant on guardis/heralds for stab and prot. And even with transfusion, because your weapons are all melee, you'll just pull downed people into hotter situations.

>

> Edit

> Try something like a wells backline if you want to play support w/o scourge

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBHhZ6kkGonGslGwmGgeTs0NYUfgRQFIeBGBvgTPgBQAA-jFhZABCp+DAK/aRJom7PEA4Aw5nf+5nfeN/8zP/8zPPkCIzxAA-w

>

> Offers condi cleanses, boon hate, and fast, safe rezes with well of blood

You might not want the GS trait in the build you suggest...

I know it’s not meta, but I’ll be sticking with the GS and d/d combo. I find them quite enjoyable. Normally I’m very careful with my use of transfusion because of the reason you stated. Typically, I’ll fire it off well before anyone gets downed. If using in the case of a fast rez, I’ll move away from the fray to pull them out.

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > @"Sephylon.4938" said:

> > That build doesn't offer any support for zergs outside transfusion, if anything it's a self sustain build that's reliant on guardis/heralds for stab and prot. And even with transfusion, because your weapons are all melee, you'll just pull downed people into hotter situations.

> >

> > Edit

> > Try something like a wells backline if you want to play support w/o scourge

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBHhZ6kkGonGslGwmGgeTs0NYUfgRQFIeBGBvgTPgBQAA-jFhZABCp+DAK/aRJom7PEA4Aw5nf+5nfeN/8zP/8zPPkCIzxAA-w

> >

> > Offers condi cleanses, boon hate, and fast, safe rezes with well of blood

>

> You might not want the GS trait in the build you suggest...

Oh, right, I forgot to change the reaper traitline :s

I don't recommend playing transfusion necro in wvw especially not on reaper. And even on scourge.

There should be enough healing from guards in your groups.

Transfusion will most likely in 90% of the cases, kill your teammates instead of helping them.

If you are very experienced, this might be 85% of the cases. But commanders, that see, that downs get pulled somewhere will look for this case and then bomb the pulled people, which will lead in

Up to 6 people dead... You plus up to 5 downed pulled people