New Sylvari

Calvsie.3675

Yes, it got confirmed in the pre-Season 3 lore documents [Notes from Rata Novus](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Notes_from_Rata_Novus).

> Speaking of ghosts that need to be laid to rest, a lot of these new incomers still harbor a healthy amount of distrust where the sylvari are concerned. I mean, Mordremoth was dispatched—what more do they want? How can you be told what to do when there's no one to tell you what to do? At least, I think that's the way it works? When Caithe was here, she said the call was gone, and **she had even heard of new sylvari being born after Mordremoth's death**! Which means the Dream is alive and—

They stopped being born after the attack by the Shadow of the Dragon, but with Mordremoth's death they began again.

> @"Aaron Ansari.1604" said:

> > @"Ardid.7203" said:

> > Oh, but the info comes from Caithe?

> > I would'n bet for it being true.

>

> Caithe's never been known to lie. She will, frequently, _not_ tell you things, but what she does say has consistently checked out.

I concede, you are right. However, I still wouldn't trust anything she believes to be true.

> @"Calvsie.3675" said:

> Wish I could figure out where to hear this dialogue.

> Also A big thank you Konig! some how had missed the Notes from Rata Novus thing.

The "Notes from Rata Primus" was a series of short stories posted on the main page before Season 3 started. They should still be archived there, as well as on the wiki. Sadly, I don't think any character says it in game if that's where it is.

> @"Ardid.7203" said:

> > @"Aaron Ansari.1604" said:

> > > @"Ardid.7203" said:

> > > Oh, but the info comes from Caithe?

> > > I would'n bet for it being true.

> >

> > Caithe's never been known to lie. She will, frequently, _not_ tell you things, but what she does say has consistently checked out.

>

> I concede, you are right. However, I still wouldn't trust anything she believes to be true.

To be honest, I don't know if new sylvari ever _stopped_ awakening. It's a question that was frequently asked after the S2 sub-finale, but to my knowledge, ANet never bothered to provide an answer to it, in-game or out. We don't know whether it takes a conscious involvement on the Pale Tree's part or not, we don't know how extensive the physical damage she sustained was, we don't know how Mordremoth's apparent influence on the Dream factored into things... it's just one big question mark after another.

However, I trust that Caithe is in firm enough possession of her senses to be able to tell when new sylvari were being lowered out of the Tree during her visit to the Grove. That's not the kind of belief that requires the leaps of logic that she can't be trusted to land; it requires functioning eyeballs, which we have every reason to believe she has.

> @"Zilong.1407" said:

> In one of the living story episodes (or maybe one of the current events) I distinctly remember hearing dialogue that says the Pale Tree has recovered enough that new Sylvari are sprouting... hatching? whatever it is they do.

To be clear this is what I meant by figuring out where to hear it.

> @"Ardid.7203" said:

> > @"Aaron Ansari.1604" said:

> > > @"Ardid.7203" said:

> > > Oh, but the info comes from Caithe?

> > > I would'n bet for it being true.

> >

> > Caithe's never been known to lie. She will, frequently, _not_ tell you things, but what she does say has consistently checked out.

>

> I concede, you are right. However, I still wouldn't trust anything she believes to be true.

In this case, it's the sort of thing that in-universe should be easily enough checked out. If ArenaNet was ever to make a plot point about "Caithe lied to us about new sylvari sprouting!" when it was something that the PC could have verified with a quick inquiry at the Grove (even if such an inquiry was never implemented in-game), I will give the ArenaNet writers the side eye and ask "Really, guys?"

If we're told anything that the PC would be able to verify themselves if not restricted by the confines of the game's programming, I think we can probably assume that it's true.