The term 'kitten' is ridiculous.

Tangram.1805

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say yeah, kittens sure have been through a lot in this forum. Hurled at debating opponents, used to demean others, used as a swearword while much more appropriate words are available for that purpose. If anything, kittens have been objectified to the maximum and their feelings have been completely neglected in all of this.

Under this notion, I don't think we should use puppies for debates either. Instead, I think we should use objects like ~~women~~tables so that everyone can flip his/her table in peace.

Similar to the Scunthorpe problem, I've run into "stupid" chat filters twice before.

The first time was when I was playing a game on Pogo.com. This is a site with lots of different puzzle/card/board games along with chat rooms for each. A friend and I were discussing the score of the current game and I remarked something about how it was possible to get a negative score. Only do to the chat filter, it came out "it's possible to get a ----tive score"

The 2nd time was while playing the now defunct YuGiOh Online game. This game was kid friendly and it's chat filter was ramped up to the max. Too ramped up. Almost every conceivable shady word you can think of was on that filter. Unfortunately, all it did was draw attention to the words rather than hide them. 2 such words were "ho" and "Drag". So if you said, "hi, there. How is you know who today?" It came out "Hi there. *w is you know w* today?" ...... And bleeping "drag" in a game full of Dragons just ain't smart.