Ok i changed my mind on new E-Spec weapon

InsaneQR.7412

Its fascinating how some fashion chabged my mind that i want a scepter for a new E-Spec weapon for ranger.

I still want a CC oriented mid to close range weapon but i definetly would go on legy hunt for this new legy.

Dualwielding sceptwr would sure be sick too.

What say others ti the new legy? Did it chabged your mind?

just an small reminder _"All minis has been hidden due increased population"_

Personally i'd like much more for Anet to overhaul the core ranger first and foremost. If core is not fixed no matter how well they design the spec it won't matter.

Think how much can affect the game play just one trait line of three.

IMHO some artificial barriers should be taken down, it's ok not to have the same access to stability and AoE as other classes but ranger should have some access to those mechanics.

Right now core ranger lack this basics mechanics:

* Reliable access to ranged AoE. Very important in open world and big comps content.

* Absolute Lack of boon removal. I noted this in open world in Southern Cove, were Veteran Karkas can mess you up seriously with all those boons. In PvP scenarios is even more dire.

* The class is designed to work around ranged combat, and blocks and reflects are rampant but core ranger lacks means to have reliable means to access unblockables (just one signet)

* More so because of the hurting lack of access to stability and resistance.

* Of course all the lingering issues with pet mechanic and other interactions.

> @"derd.6413" said:

> i rather have them give the next ranger spec a weapon that makes sense for the spec and ranger. prob not gonna be a scepter

Why couldnt ut make sense?

I mean staff on druid makes sense and lets say a vine summoning mid to close range CC weapon would fit a Scepter and its something ranger could use in its kit.

Double Scepter would be something fresh too and would give new skill possibilities.

> @"anduriell.6280" said:

> just an small reminder _"All minis has been hidden due increased population"_

>

> Personally i'd like much more for Anet to overhaul the core ranger first and foremost. If core is not fixed no matter how well they design the spec it won't matter.

>

> Think how much can affect the game play just one trait line of three.

> IMHO some artificial barriers should be taken down, it's ok not to have the same access to stability and AoE as other classes but ranger should have some access to those mechanics.

>

> Right now core ranger lack this basics mechanics:

> * Reliable access to ranged AoE. Very important in open world and big comps content.

> * Absolute Lack of boon removal. I noted this in open world in Southern Cove, were Veteran Karkas can mess you up seriously with all those boons. In PvP scenarios is even more dire.

> * The class is designed to work around ranged combat, and blocks and reflects are rampant but core ranger lacks means to have reliable means to access unblockables (just one signet)

> * More so because of the hurting lack of access to stability and resistance.

> * Of course all the lingering issues with pet mechanic and other interactions.

I think the feathered snake is part of the weapon and does not count as an additional entity unlike minis.

But i agree that they should look at core issues first before making a new e-spec thats for sure.

I was always on the double mace camp but double scepter could do the trick too and they look better.

> @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > i rather have them give the next ranger spec a weapon that makes sense for the spec and ranger. prob not gonna be a scepter

>

> Why couldnt ut make sense?

> I mean staff on druid makes sense and lets say a vine summoning mid to close range CC weapon would fit a Scepter and its something ranger could use in its kit.

> Double Scepter would be something fresh too and would give new skill possibilities.

because i don't see how they can make another ranger mage without just doing druid again. (as in it's flavor theme, mechanicly they can do whatever) and i doubt anet is interested in repeating themes already.

> @"derd.6413" said:

> > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > i rather have them give the next ranger spec a weapon that makes sense for the spec and ranger. prob not gonna be a scepter

> >

> > Why couldnt ut make sense?

> > I mean staff on druid makes sense and lets say a vine summoning mid to close range CC weapon would fit a Scepter and its something ranger could use in its kit.

> > Double Scepter would be something fresh too and would give new skill possibilities.

>

> because i don't see how they can make another ranger mage without just doing druid again. (as in it's flavor theme, mechanicly they can do whatever) and i doubt anet is interested in repeating themes already.

Well could also be earth oriented or more plant oriented. Druid was a bit all over the place and more on the celestial bodies oriented than just nature life.

And a warden that uses a scepter similar to rev mace as a close up AoE weapon could work just fine and would distinct itself enough from druid IMO.

Sure they could just give it mace but with this legy i would be happy with scepter too.