Kung Fu Tea Promotion [Merged]

Gaile Gray.6029

> @"DeWolfe.2174" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > @"DeWolfe.2174" said:

> > > > @"Klipso.8653" said:

> > > > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > > > > @"Klipso.8653" said:

> > > > > > What promotion? I am gonna assume this was advertised on social media and ask what it is? We need to take a picture with a box of tea?

> > > > >

> > > > > It's on the Launcher, social media, game magazine sites, forums, etc., etc.

> > > > >

> > > > > Here's a link: https://www.kungfutea.com/blog/2018/8/31/guildwars2sweepstakes

> > > >

> > > > It says we need to link an account to it in order to even register. Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter?

> > > > I know what Facebook is and I don't use it. I think Instagram is a cloud image library that people can see? And Twitter is a public text I think.

> > > >

> > > > Why can't we just link it to our account?

> > >

> > > Because your GW2 account doesn't have any valuable real life data. **Your social media accounts have valuable data** to mine. Which is likely whats paying for the promotion really.

> >

> > Which is why for stuff like this I use a fake account with fake info. I’m not going to hand out personal info to some unknown company and their “who knows who designed it” app. They get the publicity and the login numbers to show to management and I get some pixels. Fair enough trade as far as I’m concerned.

> >

>

> If the app is on a phone, they'll likely grab your device id, phone number, and contact list.

> Then merge the data by the device ID and phone number.

> You'll get swept up by others that have you in their contact list anyway.

> Big data is disgusting and unavoidable.

iPad. So no phone number and no contact lists.

But you’re right. Big Data is disgusting and they need more laws.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> > @"Jevati.4328" said:

> > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > > @"leafjelly.8367" said:

> > > >

> > > > Well idk about other locations but I went to a KFT near me and they didnt even have the drink, soooo the entire promotion ain't working for me

> > >

> > > Hi leafjelly -- I was wondering if you asked about it, and what you learned in response.

> >

> > For what it's worth, I just called the KFT in my city to see if they were still open, because I was gonna go down there and get some bubble tea. But I decided to ask if they have the drink, and they said no. I phrased it this way, "Do you have the Guild Wars 2 promotional drink?" and their response was, "No."

>

They have many franchise and many part time employees. You got to forgive those employee not keeping up to date with the promotional thing. If you want to participate in the daily sweepstake all you need to do is buy the drink called COCOA CREAM WOW. The instructions is in the website and ap.. separate to the shop. https://www.kungfutea.com/blog/2018/8/31/guildwars2sweepstakes

Take a picture and post in the social media that link to the app. But obviously the ap aren't working very well atm and they have asked customer to be patience over this freebies or promotional item until they are able to fix the issue..There is no need to get over reacted or upset about it... ?

And how could anyone think the shop owner can help to provide you the gift code? You have more chance to contact the app service I think.

Your best to wait :) they might send (email) out codes to those who sign up with them.. who knows..

> @"DeWolfe.2174" said:

> I'm assuming the "Heroic Edition codes" were meant to be used as an existing account upgrade only. Not to be used to create another account or used to upgrade a F2P account into a full account. Anyone using the code as anything other than upgrading an existing account is playing with fire. A person should expect to get these accounts banned.

This is precisely why I requested for a response; there's no precedent to a promotion like this, and Anet never actually specified what was okay and what wasn't. That's why we need some clarity and official guidelines when something new like this happens; so that no one gets banned for doing the wrong thing because they didn't know.

Personally I think you're wrong; promos like this are perfect for luring in new players. "Yo, you can get the base game free now, no f2p restrictions!" It can be a pretty nice incentive to try out the game. This obviously doesn't happen if the codes would be meant for existing accounts only.

Also, like Chris Cleary said, we are welcome to give these codes to **anyone**. Not just players with already existing accounts.

> @"Hevoskuuri.3891" said:

> > @"DeWolfe.2174" said:

> > I'm assuming the "Heroic Edition codes" were meant to be used as an existing account upgrade only. Not to be used to create another account or used to upgrade a F2P account into a full account. Anyone using the code as anything other than upgrading an existing account is playing with fire. A person should expect to get these accounts banned.

>

> This is precisely why I requested for a response; there's no precedent to a promotion like this, and Anet never actually specified what was okay and what wasn't. That's why we need some clarity and official guidelines when something new like this happens; so that no one gets banned for doing the wrong thing because they didn't know.

>

> Personally I think you're wrong; promos like this are perfect for luring in new players. "Yo, you can get the base game free now, no f2p restrictions!" It can be a pretty nice incentive to try out the game. This obviously doesn't happen if the codes would be meant for existing accounts only.

>

> Also, like Chris Cleary said, we are welcome to give these codes to **anyone**. Not just players with already existing accounts.

I do agree it's a good chance to promote the game. But at the same time, I do noticed the possible cons it will bring. People selling the DLC freebies and free accounts on ebay, free accounts used for illegal purpose and exploitations etc.

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> I’m Swedish and I have no idea what “Kung Fu Tea” is. I guess non-US players are utterly kitten?

Maybe read up on what the promotion entails? And the thread here has lots of details. The codes can be awarded globally. Only the sweepstakes is US only, most likely due to the usual legal stuff surrounding competitions.

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> I’m Swedish and I have no idea what “Kung Fu Tea” is. I guess non-US players are utterly kitten?

Olaf, kung fu tea is the name of the company.. basically they are selling Taiwanese drinks bubble jelly milk tea. Comes in diff flavours.. some Chinese tea such as oolong good for health .. but they have also included variety of drinks not limited to the bubble drinks so they can have more coverage of customer. The bubbles in the sweet milk tea is actually tapioca pearls.. soft and jelly like and sweet.. if you have a sweet tooth you will like it but.. I know many westerner prefer their usual coffee or latte lol ice coffee or shakes.. I like bubble milk tea.. with taro flavour :p

Also..Usually in traditional bubble milk tea , the sugar that they are using is not the normal white refine sugar.. they are rock sugar or brown rock sugar..

> @"Tura.9312" said:

> Where do you need to enter heroic code?

> I got mine but I'm stuck at work now. Can i use it from phone ?

The outfit you enter the code via trading post redeem item

The heroic code you redeem it via your official account in this website .. under game account details etc just like you link gw1 to your gw2 acc

https://www.guildwars2.com/

--> Services ---> my account

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > @"Tura.9312" said:

> > Where do you need to enter heroic code?

> > I got mine but I'm stuck at work now. Can i use it from phone ?

>

> The outfit you enter the code via trading post redeem item

> The heroic code you redeem it via your official account in this website .. under game account details etc just like you link gw1 to your gw2 acc

> https://www.guildwars2.com/

> --> Services ---> my account

Got it. Thanks

> @"Jevati.4328" said:

> And as a side note, I hope GW2 people stop leaving 1-star reviews on Kung Fu Tea's FB page. Yes, this whole thing is annoying, but if I'm looking up reviews for a restaurant or food place, I'd like to be able to trust that the reviews are good or bad based on things like the quality of the food, not how angry some gamers got because an app didn't work and they couldn't obtain codes for pixels on a screen.

Well, if a company starts promoting their products and offering freebies for customers, if they link their social media accounts to increase their social media outreach and then doesnt deliver those freebies, I expect their social media ratings to reflect that.

Just like you should only wait in line for a couple of minutes in order to get your food/drink, it should only take a couple of minutes to sign up for the app and get those freebies but some of their new customers have been trying for hours a day.

If someone was waiting in line at Kung Fu Tea for several hours and doesnt even get a bunch of leaves and a cup of boiled water in the end, I am sure, you would like to see that reflected in their online reviews.

This morning I finally managed to connect a social media account to the app and for the first time the social rewards list was not empty! I'm still kinda stuck though.

>! ![](https://i.imgur.com/xgRbw0y.png "")

>! ![](https://i.imgur.com/Graakib.png "")

>! ![](https://i.imgur.com/tU99Cfh.png "")

Which one of these is the "FREE Guild Wars 2 Rewards!" button I have to click? Do I get the codes via e-mail or do they show up somewhere in the app? Thanks in advance!

> @"BunjiKugashira.9754" said:

> This morning I finally managed to connect a social media account to the app and for the first time the social rewards list was not empty! I'm still kinda stuck though.

> >! ![](https://i.imgur.com/xgRbw0y.png "")

> >! ![](https://i.imgur.com/Graakib.png "")

> >! ![](https://i.imgur.com/tU99Cfh.png "")

>

> Which one of these is the "FREE Guild Wars 2 Rewards!" button I have to click? Do I get the codes via e-mail or do they show up somewhere in the app? Thanks in advance!

None of them. The right Button is gone cause App is still Not fixed and servers are burning.

I for example sucessful linked Yesterday Account with Promo even the red one notification popped Up but still no Code in Message Box.

And people are wondering that people Rank the App with 1 Star. ?!

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > I’m Swedish and I have no idea what “Kung Fu Tea” is. I guess non-US players are utterly kitten?

>

> Maybe read up on what the promotion entails? And the thread here has lots of details. The codes can be awarded globally. Only the sweepstakes is US only, most likely due to the usual legal stuff surrounding competitions.

Still doesn’t make me able to buy a cuppa from them.

Update on my progress: FB account linked to KFT app. I now can see a list of promos under Social Rewards > Rewards. The free codes are not among them. Nothing in messages either. This is now day 5 of this fiasco, I think. Starting to feel like I've been scammed and KFT has been given access to a lot of people's FB accounts for nothing.

> @"Zaron.1987" said:

>

> I for example sucessful linked Yesterday Account with Promo even the red one notification popped Up but still no Code in Message Box.

>

> And people are wondering that people Rank the App with 1 Star. ?!

>

same :/ and now app is crashing on launch. Lets hope it a new fix

> @"Manasa Devi.7958" said:

> "Cocoa Cream Wow" seems like an unfortunate name for a GW2 promotional drink.

Lmao that name. Tell them to rename it to "Cocoa Cream Kek"