Kung Fu Tea Promotion [Merged]

Gaile Gray.6029

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh, well I'm gutted. I really wanted the Dragon Emblem T-shirt, wasn't able to get it during the 6th anniversary stream, so I was sure this promo would be a surefire way for me to get it. Instead I'm being told I won't be able to get it because I'm not a US citizen. Any plans to make something nice happen for your non-US players, ANet?

I think they must have added the free promo back to the app, because the app crashes every time I try to go to Social Rewards. XD

I have to say, poorly handled all around, especially sad on behalf of the non-US players. I believe this is the first time a promo/partnership like this has been attempted here, so one assumes it's being a HUGE (and painful) learning experience for everyone involved.

(Goes back to watching app crash and hitting 'report' button.)

Edit: Nope, finally failed to crash, still no free offer.

i got the app working 2 days ago , followed instructions(clicking for long hours) got the codes.

but both codes are not working and not recognized by the server, so i decided if today it is still not working i was gonna link my

brothers tablet to the app and hope for a working code. but then i see the changes to the promotion.

RIP my wasted time on clicking the app.

p.s just wanted the outfit

End of August. Introduced toy section wardrobe and Players are happy

Start of Septembre. Disaster of Marketing Action (and advertise Not working promo in all gw2 launchers) and after all Ninja Change from Eu/na Promo to

America first and only Promo!

GG anet smart move

Another time they Shooting themselves in there foot Out of nothing

This really is just so unfair man... after all this trouble, the crashes, the delays and supposed promise to fix the issue from KFT, they change everything to ''limited to US only'', when only the sweeptakes were US only in the first place... what's the idea of this scam? steal our personal information from our accounts for using their app or what?

> @"KaryuZeir.9346" said:

> This really is just so unfair man... after all this trouble, the crashes, the delays and supposed promise to fix the issue from KFT, they change everything to ''limited to US only'', when only the sweeptakes were US only in the first place... what's the idea of this scam? steal our personal information from our accounts for using their app or what?

I’m no fan either but you gotta admit since it’s a US company it would be a hint that it would only works in the US since the goal was to get some traffic for KFT

As a US citizen, I truly feel the other countries pain here. I know this is not fair and wish Anet would explain why they did this. I would be nice to hear the reasoning behind this decision.

While I do not have the shirt this is one item that I have always wanted. It was originally given out at a trade show many years ago, and too far away for me to attend. I have looked at that item for years knowing I would never get it. I love costumes.

I suppose I will eventually get it once they figure out how to fix the app. Although, I certainly can relate to the other countries since I was once denied the shirt because of my location.

Hopefully, Anet will reconsider their decision and give everyone a chance to get this item.

> @"Scar.1793" said:

> > @"KaryuZeir.9346" said:

> > This really is just so unfair man... after all this trouble, the crashes, the delays and supposed promise to fix the issue from KFT, they change everything to ''limited to US only'', when only the sweeptakes were US only in the first place... what's the idea of this scam? steal our personal information from our accounts for using their app or what?

>

> I’m no fan either but you gotta admit since it’s a US company it would be a hint that it would only works in the US since the goal was to get some traffic for KFT

Yeah that could be true, but even so it doesn't mean that they can just abuse of a promotion to trick players all over the world and change the info after saying that ''they would fix the problem'', adding a limitation to something that originally didn't had... it was other stuff what actually had that US limitation, those sweeptakes and other of their social rewards, not this... all this stuff is misleading advertising and can be sued.

I hope that KFT and Anet fix all of this and giving all the players in all countries what we were promised in the beginning.

> @"KaryuZeir.9346" said:

> > @"Scar.1793" said:

> > > @"KaryuZeir.9346" said:

> > > This really is just so unfair man... after all this trouble, the crashes, the delays and supposed promise to fix the issue from KFT, they change everything to ''limited to US only'', when only the sweeptakes were US only in the first place... what's the idea of this scam? steal our personal information from our accounts for using their app or what?

> >

> > I’m no fan either but you gotta admit since it’s a US company it would be a hint that it would only works in the US since the goal was to get some traffic for KFT

>

> Yeah that could be true, but even so it doesn't mean that they can just abuse of a promotion to trick players all over the world and change the info after saying that ''they would fix the problem'', adding a limitation to something that originally didn't had... it was other stuff what actually had that US limitation, those sweeptakes and other of their social rewards, not this... all this stuff is misleading advertising and can be sued.

>

> I hope that KFT and Anet fix all of this and giving all the players in all countries what we were promised in the beginning.

It was a reason for me to report this app to Google tbh.

> @"jadienne.5012" said:

> > @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > > @"Alga.6498" said:

> > > Hahahahahahha, I just can't stop laughing about this massive überfail ''promotion'' :lol:

> > >

> > > Only US-players are allowed to get free rewards? Well, you just shot yourself in your foot, ANet.

> > > ANet strikes once again!

> > >

> > > Now me and my wallet know to not support this kind of trash promotion game devs.

> >

> > I'm Australian.. i got the free outfit and heroic edition codes too .. via kft ap

>

> The first few days the app promotion (not the sweepstakes promo) was open to everybody, but now they've gone ahead and changed it, saying that it was only ever intended to be available for the US.

>

> Now what will happen to everyone not in the US who are locked out of the rewards when there have been many outside of the US who managed to redeem it before this change?

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/7ZmPvw4.png "")

WOW. Changing the goal posts after the start date of the promotion is incredibly poor.

If it indeed was only intended to be US only for codes as well as the sweepstakes, why was the Guild Wars 2 Launcher advertising it outside of the US? Did two companies make the same error? I highly doubt this. This is a band-aid to the KFT app servers, nothing more. Also, apps can be **region-locked**, and KFT was not.

Very shady bait-and-switch for everyone outside of the US, and I'm so sorry to everyone who couldn't get their codes before this change of TaC.

I have personally asked KFT to remove my personal data, since my transaction was completed before this change to TaC, in accordance with the GDPR, whether they like it or not.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" Hopefully, other players in my position (Non-US residents, who have obtained and used the codes before the TaC change) haven't compromised their accounts because of this fiasco with transparency.

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > @"KaryuZeir.9346" said:

> > > > @"Scar.1793" said:

> > > > > @"KaryuZeir.9346" said:

> > > > > This really is just so unfair man... after all this trouble, the crashes, the delays and supposed promise to fix the issue from KFT, they change everything to ''limited to US only'', when only the sweeptakes were US only in the first place... what's the idea of this scam? steal our personal information from our accounts for using their app or what?

> > > >

> > > > I’m no fan either but you gotta admit since it’s a US company it would be a hint that it would only works in the US since the goal was to get some traffic for KFT

> > >

> > > Yeah that could be true, but even so it doesn't mean that they can just abuse of a promotion to trick players all over the world and change the info after saying that ''they would fix the problem'', adding a limitation to something that originally didn't had... it was other stuff what actually had that US limitation, those sweeptakes and other of their social rewards, not this... all this stuff is misleading advertising and can be sued.

> > >

> > > I hope that KFT and Anet fix all of this and giving all the players in all countries what we were promised in the beginning.

> >

> > It was a reason for me to report this app to Google tbh.

>

> How do I report the ap to Google. ?

In the googleplay app in the topright corner with flag as inappriopiate, or over the google support website. There is an option to flag it as spam. I doubt it will really do anything, but it felt warranted for this mess up.

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > @"KaryuZeir.9346" said:

> > > @"Glider.5792" said:

> > > > @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > > > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > > > First its hackers and then its botters. And then its always been limited to the US. Of ...course it has been.

> > > > >

> > > > > Kung Fu Tea PR seems to be quite dishonest if you ask me. I mean, stuff goes wrong all the time, atleast admit it that it does. Clearly being transparent is not as important as (failing miserably at) trying to keep face.

> > > >

> > > > I received 5 msg in my kft. After trying to connect and crashed many time and one time.. all of sudden it worked and my application received five msg with five sets of codes.. does that mean i become a hacker or botter ? The application really not done well.. full of problem unstable etc .. didnt they test it before release?? Or they were trying to use us as testers.. they are full of shiete if you ask me how I think right now .. they shouldn't give too much of excuses. With the 5 sets of codes I gave four set of codes to someone random.. now I gonna be responsible if their account get into trouble including mine ... one guy was a f2p acc too. I was thinking I have 5 sets of codes.. who should I give it to.. someone who needs it most and deserve it. Now I feel terribly bad about the whole thing.

> > >

> > > 5 Codes ? Thats fine compared to my case (122 codes lmao). I contacted support about it. Hopefully ill be able to give them away.

> > >

> > > And if you're wondering how i got that many, i was trying to get my code for around 2 days. App crashed around 270 times, soo im guessing that almost half of the time in those crashes it actualy sort of went through ?

> >

> > Those extra codes can be given away to other ppl and actually work? or that isn't known yet?

>

> Wow you got 122 codes looool see now they gonna say you use dodgy way to get the codes or u hacked it but clearly it's the ap that has the problem.. I got only 5 codes after trying a little while only. Crashed each time I tried I gave up like after ten mins.

I didnt give up since some of guildies already managed to get them, some people even got it on their first try. Funny thing is though, after i got it, the promo seemed to have "dissapeared" ? Since some guildies later couldnt see the promo anymore, and when i checked on gfs phone it was also gone there.

Seems like that was the time they removed it ? And due to that i finaly got my code(s), since all the spam from hundreds users stopped ?

I saw this promotion and was happy I could get the outfit and give the gamecode to a friend. Finding out it is now suddenly only meant for US players sucks and the exclusion makes me angry. I have supported GW and anet since i started playing it years ago before the start of gw2.

This was poorly done. I will not recommend this game anymore if they are discriminating against any people outside the us. If they want to loose their support in other countries of the world they are doing a splendid job.

What a mess. It's not fair only us players get their free accounty unlocked. I have guild members who play on a free account from outside the us too!