Dev Celebration: September 18, 2018

Gaile Gray.6029

• ArenaNet Staff

I need to ask you folks to please read [my earlier comments](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/684823/#Comment_684823 "my earlier comments"). Having a celebration before the launch isn't practical. Having it afterwards is already addressed with our plans:

* We will have a Dev Celebration the day of release

* We will have a more in-depth conversation the week following the release

* Both will take place on the official forums in their designated subforums

That is the way we're going to offer these conversations, and I hope you will join in, as and when you are able.

Great to see more use of the forum for these Gaile. This is a positive step forward. Just a reminder, please can the devs be careful vs spoilers due to the carousel? With the greatest respect, the devs have accidentally shared spoilers via the tracker before (ie the old forums had a dev discuss the death of Eir shortly after HoT launched and it was picked up by people looking for other things and seeing it by mistake).

I'm not too bothered by myself since I shut down the forums and all in game chat until the episode is done, but just in case for others!

Oooh, I'm in favor of doing it here! It's always bugged me that official announcements and conversations were strewn about the forums and Reddit seemingly at random (and also spread across random news sites, but that's just kind of an industry standard, I suppose). I know some official stuff will still happen on Reddit, but this place is less toxic and consolidating things a bit will make it more likely for me to get involved.

• ArenaNet Staff

This thread is not about where we're holding this event, but about the event itself. You'll forgive us removing a bunch of OT comments (and a touch of bickering) to try to get this back on track, right? :dizzy:

The short answer to the "Why here?" question is "Why not?" The AFCs established that a Q&A works well in this setting, and we've had many requests to have the Dev Celebration "at our house," so to speak. We value and appreciate the Reddit forums and their contributors, and hope that Reddit community members will join us here, just as our forum members have joined previous celebrations there. That's really all there is to say on the subject, but if you have questions about the celebration as a whole, I'm happy to answer them!

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> This thread is not about where we're holding this event, but about the event itself. You'll forgive us removing a bunch of OT comments (and a touch of bickering) to try to get this back on track, right? :dizzy:

>

> The short answer to the "Why here?" question is "Why not?" The AFCs established that a Q&A works well in this setting, and we've had many requests to have the Dev Celebration "at our house," so to speak. We value and appreciate the Reddit forums and their contributors, and hope that Reddit community members will join us here, just as our forum members have joined previous celebrations there. That's really all there is to say on the subject, but if you have questions about the celebration as a whole, I'm happy to answer them!

Speaking only for myself, I find it more than laudable that Anet chooses to interact with the players "in house" more than not. Given how some developers seem to have abandoned their own houses for the "party pads" of other platforms (twitch, reddit, etc.), it speaks volumes of obvious pride which Anet has for the house THEY built.