What is with the lack of dev response?

Absinthey.5340

> @"Absinthey.5340" said:

> I think the argument that PvP doesn't generate any revenue is a falsity.

>

> If it's making even the slightest amount of revenue, even if paled by the other game modes, then we are owed answers as paying customers/supporters/players ect. Is there anyone even actively working on PvP? Or is it a side project that continues to be neglected?

>

I don't think people are owed answers by Arenanet in this regard. That being said, if you want to know if anyone is actively working on PvP, then the official answer is, "Yes". The development team has reorganized and now there is no longer a single person responsible for an aspect of the game. Instead, everyone is responsible for everything.

That being said, I think PvP updates are low priority for the development team, for the reasons mentioned earlier.

i remember seeing a comment by gaile gray that confirmed there is no dev on the team that has learned every class in the game, which may provide a little insight. I actually went looking for the comment but i couldn't find it, it may have been deleted. However what i did find is that there is at least some feedback on the devs part to tell us that they do listen and do read carefully in feedback threads. i can understand why they wont step into this thread and say the same thing over and over when it appears every other week.

There are what, 20 skills on ele staff alone? then scepter, dagger, focus combinations. then weaver on top of that. Then the dozens of traits on top of that. You could spend months experimenting with ele before even thinking of making a meaningful, well thought out change to it. and not only that, but make that change while taking every other class into consideration and making a judgement call on where ele stands. TBH i'm wouldn't be surprised if Anet doesn't apply any serious resources towards pvp balance.

> @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> This is normal. To have no response isnt out of the ordinary. I wish they would respond. i made a post with a question to the devs directly in the title almost 2 weeks ago now..no answere. Will never get one. This is why people are leaving and getting upset/ anguish from this game. If the devs talked but things, and they still stayed the same people will be satisfied. But to have such disgust and questions about the changes and have no answeres or comradery with the people who made these changes is wanting me to just leave this no hope game....no communication with the developers gives me dout and no hope or willingness to keep playing this 6 year old pvp game.

>

> Im waiting for swiss and the wvw alliance changes to happen. I rhheeaally hope they come out this year, December the latest. But i really would like some more frequent balance changes to start. Some classes right now do alittle to much damage. And having this for the next 4 months is getting real dissatisfying.

They had many chances to make up for that throughout years, and all they do is tweak numbers which shift the meta from one extreme to the other. Nowadays I just do a daily every once in a while and jump right back to WoW, where PvP is actually well balanced. Of course they have their own problems, but they are not as game breaking as PvE mechanics (or silly game mechanics) implemented into a PvP gamemode, which is what GW2 does. For example, I've noticed that while playing on the arena, paladins cannot use a skill called "lay on hands" as it is a free fight reset that heals for 100% of character's health. It is just blocked and cannot be used, because it is that powerful. Why can't Anet do so with skills that should never see daylight in PvP matches? But we know why. Some wierd shenanigans are implemented into weapons, utility skills or on evade (looking at you, mirage) that only see % tweaks every so called "balance" patch.

But I can go on and on, so let's cut straight to the chase. One of the most grevious issues is ignorance that is a result of lack of resources, be it money, manpower or just lack of experience (but at this point I'd rather call it incompetence). And devs have all the right to ignore this gamemode, because GW2 is (now) a PvE game. So why do you still guys care about it, calling for quality? Just roll the damn matches till MMR let's you win, and go play some other MMORPG that actually values the PvPing part of a community. PvP will never die, but it will bleed out until there is nothing but casuals and a handful of circlejerks that will pretend that playing *SOLO* or *DUO* is relevant to their rank gained in a *TEAM MODE SETTING*.

If they would admit that it didn't work out, and that they leave the game mode to be a meme for casuals to farm, cancel ranked, perhaps the community wouldn't be so salty and toxic about it.

> @"Rodzynald.5897" said:

> > @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> > This is normal. To have no response isnt out of the ordinary. I wish they would respond. i made a post with a question to the devs directly in the title almost 2 weeks ago now..no answere. Will never get one. This is why people are leaving and getting upset/ anguish from this game. If the devs talked but things, and they still stayed the same people will be satisfied. But to have such disgust and questions about the changes and have no answeres or comradery with the people who made these changes is wanting me to just leave this no hope game....no communication with the developers gives me dout and no hope or willingness to keep playing this 6 year old pvp game.

> >

> > Im waiting for swiss and the wvw alliance changes to happen. I rhheeaally hope they come out this year, December the latest. But i really would like some more frequent balance changes to start. Some classes right now do alittle to much damage. And having this for the next 4 months is getting real dissatisfying.

>

> They had many chances to make up for that throughout years, and all they do is tweak numbers which shift the meta from one extreme to the other. Nowadays I just do a daily every once in a while and jump right back to WoW, where PvP is actually well balanced. Of course they have their own problems, but they are not as game breaking as PvE mechanics (or silly game mechanics) implemented into a PvP gamemode, which is what GW2 does. For example, I've noticed that while playing on the arena, paladins cannot use a skill called "lay on hands" as it is a free fight reset that heals for 100% of character's health. It is just blocked and cannot be used, because it is that powerful. Why can't Anet do so with skills that should never see daylight in PvP matches? But we know why. Some wierd shenanigans are implemented into weapons, utility skills or on evade (looking at you, mirage) that only see % tweaks every so called "balance" patch.

>

> But I can go on and on, so let's cut straight to the chase. One of the most grevious issues is ignorance that is a result of lack of resources, be it money, manpower or just lack of experience (but at this point I'd rather call it incompetence). And devs have all the right to ignore this gamemode, because GW2 is (now) a PvE game. So why do you still guys care about it, calling for quality? Just roll the kitten matches till MMR let's you win, and go play some other MMORPG that actually values the PvPing part of a community. PvP will never die, but it will bleed out until there is nothing but casuals and a handful of circlejerks that will pretend that playing *SOLO* or *DUO* is relevant to their rank gained in a *TEAM MODE SETTING*.

>

> If they would admit that it didn't work out, and that they leave the game mode to be a meme for casuals to farm, cancel ranked, perhaps the community wouldn't be so salty and toxic about it.

How is Wow pvp, havent played that game since wotlk, better then this shit show?

@"Highlie.7641"

Absolutely. It has its cheesy moments, but what game doesn't? You can play around that and the meta is changing fairly quickly, so even if something is OP, it's not for long if people take it seriously to the forums. I didn't even have to gear up properly and I am playing for more than a month and after playing a considerable ammount of battlegrounds and arenas, I can say that the matchmaking is reasonably better than GW's. However, Alliance tends to lose more, so you might wanna pick Horde for more wins. But overall, WoTLK balance was a tiny bit better in my opinion. WoD and Legion had it quite good and now it's hard to tell, but it's still a load of fun if you think about what you have to deal with in here.