Emergency Waypoint Tactic: a suggestion

Eclipsiste.3251

I want to suggest a new tactivator: Citadel Dropship

Description:

When the Citadel Dropship is pulled, there's a 60s countdown. Players load up at the citadel WP and it takes a 5-10s flight to the keeps. There would be 10 dropships for the initial flight. Then 5 dropships to loadup and send out every 10s. Once it enters keep territory, players can parachute down wherever they desire inside the keep. The dropships will have flights every 10s for 60s. Each dropship can load 10 players. Dropships can be damaged by arrowcarts/ballistas. Dropships can be repaired when not in use either with gold/supplies/both. Add participation for dropship repairs and bonus wxp and rewards for successful dropship defenses.

Testing Phase:

Would recommend testing flights into Obsidian Sanctum.

Pros:

-Anet can sell parachute skins

-Anet can add new parachute skills. Similar to death from above.

-Anet can sell or make craftable guild drop ship designs

-I'd craft these for desert BL so I don't have to walk the god damn map anymore.

Cons:

Contact Diku or skyshroud for visual aids.

> @"Chaba.5410" said:

> > @"DemonSeed.3528" said:

> > I'm surprised, I thought people would want fights?

>

> After so many years of defense being buffed, the current crop of WvW players prefer to play the game "how it was intended".

It was intended for me to solo roam and everyone should be doing the same!

> @"Eclipsiste.3251" said:

> I find the emergency waypoint to be an interesting tactic, too bad it became a "wait there to aoe all incoming defenders before they can even use a skill" tactic.

> I was wondering wether it would be possible to link that tactic to several waypoint options.

> For example: in a keep you'd have 3 emergency waypoints available, and the guild putting the tactic would have to check a box to chose waypoint 1, 2 or 3... That way enemies would not be able to know exactly where the waypoint would appear before the tactic is activated.

> In a tower you could probably have 2 spots.

> Allies could always check the tactic to indicate incoming defenders where the WP is going to be.

> I know it's not a perfect idea, but I feel the emergency would be more interesting that way...

I got a better idea for EWP, place a small 300x300 range platform up in the sky of that objective when EWP tactivator is pulled (same x,y coordinates of EWP, enough height where no profession ranged attacks can reach but ballistas can). Players taking EWP will spawn on that platform. Let players choose the mean and location of dropping down to objective's ground. This way might cherish the sand-box theme of WvW as well as giving a freedom for defenders' strategies and raiders' counteracts. Switch WvW glider mastery to a built-in feature of the game mode. Done.

> @"shiri.4257" said:

> I want to suggest a new tactivator: Citadel Dropship

>

> Description:

> When the Citadel Dropship is pulled, there's a 60s countdown. Players load up at the citadel WP and it takes a 5-10s flight to the keeps. There would be 10 dropships for the initial flight. Then 5 dropships to loadup and send out every 10s. Once it enters keep territory, players can parachute down wherever they desire inside the keep. The dropships will have flights every 10s for 60s. Each dropship can load 10 players. Dropships can be damaged by arrowcarts/ballistas. Dropships can be repaired when not in use either with gold/supplies/both. Add participation for dropship repairs and bonus wxp and rewards for successful dropship defenses.

>

> Testing Phase:

> Would recommend testing flights into Obsidian Sanctum.

>

> Pros:

> -Anet can sell parachute skins

> -Anet can add new parachute skills. Similar to death from above.

> -Anet can sell or make craftable guild drop ship designs

> -I'd craft these for desert BL so I don't have to walk the god kitten map anymore.

>

> Cons:

> Contact Diku or skyshroud for visual aids.

your comment gave me an idea. Thanks

> @"shiri.4257" said:

> I want to suggest a new tactivator: Citadel Dropship

>

> Description:

> When the Citadel Dropship is pulled, there's a 60s countdown. Players load up at the citadel WP and it takes a 5-10s flight to the keeps. There would be 10 dropships for the initial flight. Then 5 dropships to loadup and send out every 10s. Once it enters keep territory, players can parachute down wherever they desire inside the keep. The dropships will have flights every 10s for 60s. Each dropship can load 10 players. Dropships can be damaged by arrowcarts/ballistas. Dropships can be repaired when not in use either with gold/supplies/both. Add participation for dropship repairs and bonus wxp and rewards for successful dropship defenses.

>

> Testing Phase:

> Would recommend testing flights into Obsidian Sanctum.

>

> Pros:

> -Anet can sell parachute skins

> -Anet can add new parachute skills. Similar to death from above.

> -Anet can sell or make craftable guild drop ship designs

> -I'd craft these for desert BL so I don't have to walk the god kitten map anymore.

>

> Cons:

> Contact Diku or skyshroud for visual aids.

That is an incredibly convoluted idea for what could just be the EWP spawning an existing airship model with a waypoint above the keep and players gliding down, instead of the normal ground EWP.

Quick, visually impressive and zero feature coding.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"shiri.4257" said:

> > I want to suggest a new tactivator: Citadel Dropship

> >

> > Description:

> > When the Citadel Dropship is pulled, there's a 60s countdown. Players load up at the citadel WP and it takes a 5-10s flight to the keeps. There would be 10 dropships for the initial flight. Then 5 dropships to loadup and send out every 10s. Once it enters keep territory, players can parachute down wherever they desire inside the keep. The dropships will have flights every 10s for 60s. Each dropship can load 10 players. Dropships can be damaged by arrowcarts/ballistas. Dropships can be repaired when not in use either with gold/supplies/both. Add participation for dropship repairs and bonus wxp and rewards for successful dropship defenses.

> >

> > Testing Phase:

> > Would recommend testing flights into Obsidian Sanctum.

> >

> > Pros:

> > -Anet can sell parachute skins

> > -Anet can add new parachute skills. Similar to death from above.

> > -Anet can sell or make craftable guild drop ship designs

> > -I'd craft these for desert BL so I don't have to walk the god kitten map anymore.

> >

> > Cons:

> > Contact Diku or skyshroud for visual aids.

>

> That is an incredibly convoluted idea for what could just be the EWP spawning an existing airship model with a waypoint above the keep and players gliding down, instead of the normal ground EWP.

>

> Quick, visually impressive and zero feature coding.

No you hippie. I want my airship and parachute skins.

Why put it at citadel? cuz you gotto load onto the map anyways or else you get that crazy long loading screen with a direct ewp! duhhhhh!