AMAZING Episode and A question about the future, for the Dev's

Fury.6281

EDIT: I am posting this as a discussion thread as I believe this is how it is desired to be carried out on the official forums for this AMA. Hopefully this is correct!

Thank you to all the developers at Anet for holding this discussion and for the AMAZING episode release. The new map is awesome to explore and the story that came with this episode was one of the most enjoyable ones that I have experienced since the release of living world. I do have one question, that might not be able to be answered, but I feel a lot of us in the community would like to know about.

With the announcement of living world Season 5 coming straight after season 4, has a decision been made to halt expansion developments? Or is this two season gap to give more time for the third expansion to come out?

Thank you all, once again, and I apologize if this question is too far reaching!

P.S. I would also just like to highlight how ASTOUNDING the cinematic scenes were in this episode (just like in the last) and how much value they add to the story! Keep them coming!

• ArenaNet Staff

> P.S. I would also just like to highlight how ASTOUNDING the cinematic scenes were in this episode (just like in the last) and how much value they add to the story! Keep them coming!

Thanks! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed them. We're always striving to raise the bar and add to the story experience.

I haven't finished yet, just did the first Sun's Refuge mission. Still having goosebumps from everything this episode had to offer so far (history, Eir and Snaff's ghosts, beloved locations appearing through time). I also think, from what I can tell so far, that the map is very enjoyable and the tasks are diverse, which will keep me occupied for a while.

By now, my theory on season 4 has proven correct: it is getting better with each episode! The writing is so good with LWS4, at last. I hope it stays that way. :+1:

P.S. I also love the technical improvements, like how the NPCs behave in fights, how we are not rushed but it is up to us to trigger the next step and order an NPC, for instance, etc. Furthermore, the spider fight was so much fun with it carrying us around, and the mushroom cave was driving tears to my eyes from shaking hard from laughter (and accompanied by a hysterical parody of such an epic musical GW2 theme, priceless).

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> By now, my theory on season 4 has proven correct: it is getting better with each episode! The writing is so good with LWS4, at last. I hope it stays that way. :+1:

Can confirm that the writing stays super good throughout the season. I love working with our Narrative team; they're incredibly collaborative, and it's an absolute joy to bring their scripts to life through our cutscenes. We have a really cool story moment coming up in Episode 5 that I'm really excited for y'all to experience... but for now, I'm having a lot of fun watching people react to the story of Episode 4! :)