Disappointment with mounts in episode

tekfan.3179

While I really liked the story and the cinematics, I sadly can't really say that I enjoy this release like previous ones.

For my tastes the map is way too full of mobs that seem designed to dismount you, especially with long lasting and longranged beam attacks. Then there are the branded mummies, whose attacks are un-dodgeable by default, it seems. I couldn't really enjoy exploring the map, which is actually one of my most favorite activities in GW2.

The other thing is the fight against Z. I'm not going into details, since I don't want to spoiler anyone, but is it intentional that she can hit the player even during a jackal-teleport?

It felt just annoying that the mounts, which I took all the time to level the masteries for, had no actual use since I had to walk by foot due to un-dodgable insta-dismounts.

• ArenaNet Staff

RE: Z - Thanks for the feedback. I didn't want to completely disable mounts as there are some clever things you can do with them, but you are making yourself a giant target by riding them. Obviously they are not viable for the whole encounter, but you can get quite a bit of a head start by using them well and hiding behind cover.

I didn't think of making you invulnerable to shots during the Jackal dodge, to be honest. If I had I would have done it - that also seems like a clever way to use them.

> @"Connor Fallon.9408" said:

> RE: Z - Thanks for the feedback. I didn't want to completely disable mounts as there are some clever things you can do with them, but you are making yourself a giant target by riding them. Obviously they are not viable for the whole encounter, but you can get quite a bit of a head start by using them well and hiding behind cover.

>

> I didn't think of making you invulnerable to shots during the Jackal dodge, to be honest. If I had I would have done it - that also seems like a clever way to use them.

Thank you for the answer.

I think it would have been a great addition to the fight, especially since it's even the jackals last mastery to share its dodging-ability with other mounts.