World's First Achievement (For PvE Content during release)

No thank you. One of the greatest things about this game is its cooperative nature, including the fact that people freely share things they figure out. It's kind of like a huge crowdsourcing project, where everyone works with the community towards the goal of figuring out stuff. Competitive achievements like world first with exclusive rewards (even if it's only a title and a couple of achievement points) tend to bring out the worst in people where cooperation is concerned.

Ok maybe just a title then and exclude the achievement points.

> @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> No thank you. One of the greatest things about this game is its cooperative nature, including the fact that people freely share things they figure out. It's kind of like a huge crowdsourcing project, where everyone works with the community towards the goal of figuring out stuff. Competitive achievements like world first with exclusive rewards (even if it's only a title and a couple of achievement points) tend to bring out the worst in people where cooperation is concerned.

> @"ChronosCosmos.9450" said:

> Ok maybe just a title then and exclude the achievement points.

> > @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > No thank you. One of the greatest things about this game is its cooperative nature, including the fact that people freely share things they figure out. It's kind of like a huge crowdsourcing project, where everyone works with the community towards the goal of figuring out stuff. Competitive achievements like world first with exclusive rewards (even if it's only a title and a couple of achievement points) tend to bring out the worst in people where cooperation is concerned.

>

>

Still against it.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> This is currently being discussed in

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/54856/world-first

>

> Short story: it requires a lot more work and the benefit goes to just a tiny fraction of players.

Yeah but my rewards are a lot simpler and easier to implement. Just 1 title. It's not like a game mechanic change or a virtual item. The OP wanted statues and such. I agree that the statues would require too much work. A title would be more beneficial to the raiding scene than the amount of time it takes to implement the title. There are raid-only legendaries. Raiding for a title is the same thing and takes less time to implement than a virtual item such as a legendary. .

> @"ChronosCosmos.9450" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > This is currently being discussed in

> > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/54856/world-first

> >

> > Short story: it requires a lot more work and the benefit goes to just a tiny fraction of players.

>

> Yeah but my rewards are a lot simpler and easier to implement. Just 1 title. It's not like a game mechanic change or a virtual item. The OP wanted statues and such. I agree that the statues would require too much work. A title would be more beneficial to the raiding scene than the amount of time it takes to implement the title. There are raid-only legendaries. Raiding for a title is the same thing and takes less time to implement than a virtual item such as a legendary. .

The rewards aren't the hard part. It's determining what counts as world first. And how to ensure that people follow the rules. Those who want 'first' are very passionate about it and even those who don't want it for themselves are very concerned that those who get it have 'earned' it.

I think titles or AP would not be a good idea, but I would support the idea of having stuff like "raid records", similar to the records for various Challenge Missions back in GW1. The game can record various statistics like the name and number of players in the squad, whether consumables were used, the time taken to clear the raid etc. and assign them a rating/score based on those. Raiders can then compete with each other to claim the "top spot" for bragging rights.