Superior Sigil of Nullification [Merged]

Kirkas.1430

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> The window is closed. If they fixed it now it would screw over all the ppl who bit the bullet and paid the inflated prices, piling a wrong upon a wrong. No good would come of it . . .

There are only 122 sigils of nullification on the TP at this moment and you need 25 for the achievement, which means only 5 players can complete the collection with every sigil available in the economy. So nothing is "closed". As for those who bit the bullet, it's their fault the price is as is, if Arenanet sees that the sigils are selling and there is trading anyway, they won't act. And why would they? Because of forum complaints? If nobody bothered with the items, then maybe they would act.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > The window is closed. If they fixed it now it would screw over all the ppl who bit the bullet and paid the inflated prices, piling a wrong upon a wrong. No good would come of it . . .

>

> There are only 122 sigils of nullification on the TP at this moment and you need 25 for the achievement, which means only 5 players can complete the collection with every sigil available in the economy. So nothing is "closed". As for those who bit the bullet, it's their fault the price is as is, if Arenanet sees that the sigils are selling and there is trading anyway, they won't act. And why would they? Because of forum complaints? If nobody bothered with the items, then maybe they would act.

Are you sure that you didn't miss a digit? I see a supply of 1220.

> @"Urud.4925" said:

> > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > The window is closed. If they fixed it now it would screw over all the ppl who bit the bullet and paid the inflated prices, piling a wrong upon a wrong. No good would come of it . . .

> >

> > There are only 122 sigils of nullification on the TP at this moment and you need 25 for the achievement, which means only 5 players can complete the collection with every sigil available in the economy. So nothing is "closed". As for those who bit the bullet, it's their fault the price is as is, if Arenanet sees that the sigils are selling and there is trading anyway, they won't act. And why would they? Because of forum complaints? If nobody bothered with the items, then maybe they would act.

>

> Are you sure that you didn't miss a digit? I see a supply of 1220.

I'm looking in-game at the moment so I don't miss a digit.

Maximum I can buy is 121 now, I can't add more to the list and that's the limit of "current sellers"

> > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > The window is closed. If they fixed it now it would screw over all the ppl who bit the bullet and paid the inflated prices, piling a wrong upon a wrong. No good would come of it . . .

>

> There are only 122 sigils of nullification on the TP at this moment and you need 25 for the achievement, which means only 5 players can complete the collection with every sigil available in the economy. So nothing is "closed". As for those who bit the bullet, it's their fault the price is as is, if Arenanet sees that the sigils are selling and there is trading anyway, they won't act. And why would they? Because of forum complaints? If nobody bothered with the items, then maybe they would act.

They have been fairly responsive to complaints quite recently, if you're following current developments. Why they chose not to respond to this issue will remain a mystery until the act or communicate. Either way, those that were going to be affected by this have been, the window of opportunity for it to reach a positive resolution for the player base has closed . . .

> > @"Urud.4925" said:

> > > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > The window is closed. If they fixed it now it would screw over all the ppl who bit the bullet and paid the inflated prices, piling a wrong upon a wrong. No good would come of it . . .

> > >

> > > There are only 122 sigils of nullification on the TP at this moment and you need 25 for the achievement, which means only 5 players can complete the collection with every sigil available in the economy. So nothing is "closed". As for those who bit the bullet, it's their fault the price is as is, if Arenanet sees that the sigils are selling and there is trading anyway, they won't act. And why would they? Because of forum complaints? If nobody bothered with the items, then maybe they would act.

> >

> > Are you sure that you didn't miss a digit? I see a supply of 1220.

>

> I'm looking in-game at the moment so I don't miss a digit.

> Maximum I can buy is 121 now, I can't add more to the list and that's the limit of "current sellers"

Are you measuring by how many you can buy with the slider? Bc I'm pretty sure that only allows you to buy as many as you can see listed, and that list is truncated, and for me shows a number close to what you are seeing. But the total number I see listed is closer to what Urud noted . . .

> @"Urud.4925" said:

> My question though (to the players who completed this achievement): is there some event that requires many people, to complete this achievement (I think one of the pieces mentions to kill the Shatterer?). I don't care about waiting 1 year (although it's a pity), I'm just wondering if I'll find enough players for such contents in 1 year.

You need to kill the Death Branded Shatterer for the final Mist-Entagled item you need, which unlocks Requiem: Experiment 6, for the Historic Chest piece item. Whether this event will still be relatively active in 3-6 months is up for debate. It's not overly popular already, how many players still go back to Kourna Meta, or even Sandswept Isles events? Hmm. Me thinks it will be very rarely run very soon. The last few times I've done DBS, no one has helped with pre-events, even with early call outs in map, which means no Junundu's or Golem NPCs.

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> Are you measuring by how many you can buy with the slider? Bc I'm pretty sure that only allows you to buy as many as you can see listed, and that list is truncated, and for me shows a number close to what you are seeing. But the total number I see listed is closer to what Urud noted . . .

That makes sense, I very very rarely use the TP and I guess it shows. Even with a supply of 1220 that's less than 50 players, that's nothing compared to the playerbase of this game. Disregarding the high price, there isn't enough supply of this item.

> > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > Are you measuring by how many you can buy with the slider? Bc I'm pretty sure that only allows you to buy as many as you can see listed, and that list is truncated, and for me shows a number close to what you are seeing. But the total number I see listed is closer to what Urud noted . . .

>

> That makes sense, I very very rarely use the TP and I guess it shows. Even with a supply of 1220 that's less than 50 players, that's nothing compared to the playerbase of this game. Disregarding the high price, there isn't enough supply of this item.

Yes, it's the lack of supply, not the price, that has always been the issue . . .

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> They have been fairly responsive to complaints quite recently, if you're following current developments. Why they chose not to respond to this issue will remain a mystery until the act or communicate. Either way, those that were going to be affected by this have been, the window of opportunity for it to reach a positive resolution for the player base has closed . . .

The vast majority of the playerbase hasn't been directly affected by this yet, because there is not enough supply for everyone anyway. A positive solution is simple: add more supply of this item, or allow different items to be used in the collection. I know those that invested in the overpriced items, and those that manipulate the market, have much to lose if Anet acts, but there is more than enough time for Anet to turn this around for the rest of the playerbase (Which is also the vast majority)

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > @"Urud.4925" said:

> > My question though (to the players who completed this achievement): is there some event that requires many people, to complete this achievement (I think one of the pieces mentions to kill the Shatterer?). I don't care about waiting 1 year (although it's a pity), I'm just wondering if I'll find enough players for such contents in 1 year.

>

> You need to kill the Death Branded Shatterer for the final Mist-Entagled item you need, which unlocks Requiem: Experiment 6, for the Historic Chest piece item. Whether this event will still be relatively active in 3-6 months is up for debate. It's not overly popular already, how many players still go back to Kourna Meta, or even Sandswept Isles events? Hmm. Me thinks it will be very rarely run very soon. The last few times I've done DBS, no one has helped with pre-events, even with early call outs in map, which means no Junundu's or Golem NPCs.

You'll still be able to do it though, it just won't happen spontaneously every time you log in. It might take a little hunting, watching lfg, or helping with org but I've never needed anything in this game and not been able to find ppl to get it done. I'd be really surprised if this turned out to be an exception . . .

> > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > Are you measuring by how many you can buy with the slider? Bc I'm pretty sure that only allows you to buy as many as you can see listed, and that list is truncated, and for me shows a number close to what you are seeing. But the total number I see listed is closer to what Urud noted . . .

>

> That makes sense, I very very rarely use the TP and I guess it shows. Even with a supply of 1220 that's less than 50 players, that's nothing compared to the playerbase of this game. Disregarding the high price, there isn't enough supply of this item.

A healthy supply doesn't mean the entire player base should be able to buy the item at the same time.

It means people can aquire it if they want to

> > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > They have been fairly responsive to complaints quite recently, if you're following current developments. Why they chose not to respond to this issue will remain a mystery until the act or communicate. Either way, those that were going to be affected by this have been, the window of opportunity for it to reach a positive resolution for the player base has closed . . .

>

> The vast majority of the playerbase hasn't been directly affected by this yet, because there is not enough supply for everyone anyway. A positive solution is simple: add more supply of this item, or allow different items to be used in the collection. I know those that invested in the overpriced items, and those that manipulate the market, have much to lose if Anet acts, but there is more than enough time for Anet to turn this around for the rest of the playerbase (Which is also the vast majority)

It's an opinion question I suppose. I know a lot of ppl decided to give up once they saw it wasn't going to be fixed and yes those ppl would still benefit from additional supply. What I'm saying is I don't think that there are still a lot of ppl that are waiting for a fix, they've either decided to go ahead with the content as is or abandon it, at least for the time being. So in that sense the damage has been done . . .

So yes, I agree a fix would still help a lot of ppl, I just wouldn't be able to view it in a positive light overall at this point . . .

> @"yann.1946" said:

> > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > Are you measuring by how many you can buy with the slider? Bc I'm pretty sure that only allows you to buy as many as you can see listed, and that list is truncated, and for me shows a number close to what you are seeing. But the total number I see listed is closer to what Urud noted . . .

> >

> > That makes sense, I very very rarely use the TP and I guess it shows. Even with a supply of 1220 that's less than 50 players, that's nothing compared to the playerbase of this game. Disregarding the high price, there isn't enough supply of this item.

>

> A healthy supply doesn't mean the entire player base should be able to buy the item at the same time.

> It means people can aquire it if they want to

And if more than fifty ppl want to, then they can't . . .

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> > @"FaboBabo.3581" said:

> > wow , who cares farm gold and gg?

> > Everything has a price and in GW2 actually the Players , may help deciding about it.

> > If u need a lot of old for your goals, you got a lot of Work.

>

> If the price was the issue, this would make a lot of sense. So try to think instead about why it doesn't make sense . . .

Can you still buy it in TP ?

oh well i dont see an issue then ;)

> @"FaboBabo.3581" said:

> > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > @"FaboBabo.3581" said:

> > > wow , who cares farm gold and gg?

> > > Everything has a price and in GW2 actually the Players , may help deciding about it.

> > > If u need a lot of old for your goals, you got a lot of Work.

> >

> > If the price was the issue, this would make a lot of sense. So try to think instead about why it doesn't make sense . . .

>

> Can you still buy it in TP ?

> oh well i dont see an issue then ;)

How hard did you try . . ?

> @"FaboBabo.3581" said:

There are only enough sigils for about 50 players to finish the collection, THAT's the problem, not the high price, the high price is a result of this problem, the lack of supply. It doesn't matter how much gold you farm and how much gold you spend, the vast majority of the players will never be able to finish this collection at all because there aren't enough sigils.

> @"FaboBabo.3581" said:

> > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > @"FaboBabo.3581" said:

> > > wow , who cares farm gold and gg?

> > > Everything has a price and in GW2 actually the Players , may help deciding about it.

> > > If u need a lot of old for your goals, you got a lot of Work.

> >

> > If the price was the issue, this would make a lot of sense. So try to think instead about why it doesn't make sense . . .

>

Well, I don't think somebody found an issue in the fact that one item can be bought from TP.

The real issue is the acquisition price. And the fact that this item has no reliable source of drop. And the fact that if you play a normal game (aka having **less** than 25 characters) you don't have the needed number of sigills for completing the achievement. And the fact that **contrary** to the affirmation that the TP is the most reliable tool in this game and **nobody** (one player or an association of players) can manipulate the prices we see now the exact opposite, turning the economic team (if any left) into a team of amateurs. And the fact that some players forget that this is not WoW or some Korean grind game, but this is GW2, a game advertised as an **anti-farming** game with a lot of measures implemented for encouraging the players to **not farm**. And the fact that only 50 players can complete this achievement with the Sigills from the TP (HM!!! this can be a hint about how many players still plays the game. If ANet considers that 50 players represent a good percentage, able to keep the whole player base content, then guess how large is the active player base? )

So, again - relax. Nobody has any issue with this item being on TP.

> @"Cristalyan.5728" said:

> > @"FaboBabo.3581" said:

> > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > @"FaboBabo.3581" said:

> > > > wow , who cares farm gold and gg?

> > > > Everything has a price and in GW2 actually the Players , may help deciding about it.

> > > > If u need a lot of old for your goals, you got a lot of Work.

> > >

> > > If the price was the issue, this would make a lot of sense. So try to think instead about why it doesn't make sense . . .

> >

> > Can you still buy it in TP ?

> > oh well i dont see an issue then ;)

>

> Well, I don't think somebody found an issue in the fact that one item can be bought from TP.

> The real issue is the acquisition price. And the fact that this item has no reliable source of drop. And the fact that if you play a normal game (aka having **less** than 25 characters) you don't have the needed number of sigills for completing the achievement. And the fact that **contrary** to the affirmation that the TP is the most reliable tool in this game and **nobody** (one player or an association of players) can manipulate the prices we see now the exact opposite, turning the economic team (if any left) into a team of amateurs. And the fact that some players forget that this is not WoW or some Korean grind game, but this is GW2, a game advertised as an **anti-farming** game with a lot of measures implemented for encouraging the players to **not farm**. And the fact that only 50 players can complete this achievement with the Sigills from the TP (HM!!! this can be a hint about how many players still plays the game. If ANet considers that 50 players represent a good percentage, able to keep the whole player base content, then guess how large is the active player base? )

>

> So, again - relax. Nobody has any issue with this item being on TP.

The thing you dont get is following ; They are still avaible , which means either following

1: Everyone who wanted the armor has it allready

2: The ones that still want the armor dont have enough Gold.

-> Once the item cant be obtained by TP it's going to be problematic.

Farming something over Charakter Leveling is kind off a common strategy right now.

Material for Legy / Black Lion Keys + anything i dont know about.

Btw ; i had one sigil on one of my alts , guess what i did ?

I insta sold it. This won't count to those 50 avaible sigils.

Why i insta sold ? I knew about situation and wanted to make one guy happy + i wanted some fast gold.

Wow you reported THAT ?!

That's not even rude....

"wow , who cares farm gold and gg?

Everything has a price and in GW2 actually the Players , may help deciding about it.

If u need a lot of old for your goals, you got a lot of Work."

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> > @"yann.1946" said:

> > > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > Are you measuring by how many you can buy with the slider? Bc I'm pretty sure that only allows you to buy as many as you can see listed, and that list is truncated, and for me shows a number close to what you are seeing. But the total number I see listed is closer to what Urud noted . . .

> > >

> > > That makes sense, I very very rarely use the TP and I guess it shows. Even with a supply of 1220 that's less than 50 players, that's nothing compared to the playerbase of this game. Disregarding the high price, there isn't enough supply of this item.

> >

> > A healthy supply doesn't mean the entire player base should be able to buy the item at the same time.

> > It means people can aquire it if they want to

>

> And if more than fifty ppl want to, then they can't . . .

But they don't want to for a plethora of different reasons. If the supply on the TP was equal to 25 times the amount of players it would be unhealthy because it would be worthless.

On top of that are we not accounting for the ones who get instasold.

> @"FaboBabo.3581" said:

> The thing you dont get is following ; They are still avaible , which means either following

> 1: Everyone who wanted the armor has it allready

> 2: The ones that still want the armor dont have enough Gold.

>

> -> Once the item cant be obtained by TP it's going to be problematic.

>

> Farming something over Charakter Leveling is kind off a common strategy right now.

> Material for Legy / Black Lion Keys + anything i dont know about.

>

>

> Btw ; i had one sigil on one of my alts , guess what i did ?

> I insta sold it. This won't count to those 50 avaible sigils.

> Why i insta sold ? I knew about situation and wanted to make one guy happy + i wanted some fast gold.

>

>

>

> Wow you reported THAT ?!

> That's not even rude....

>

> "wow , who cares farm gold and gg?

>

> Everything has a price and in GW2 actually the Players , may help deciding about it.

>

> If u need a lot of old for your goals, you got a lot of Work."

1. **The thing you dont get is following ; They are still avaible , which means either following**. Last time when I checked, the Invisible shoes were still available on the TP. And this raises some questions regarding your justification: "The ones that still want the armor dont have enough Gold." - what was the reason to push the prices in order to have so many players not willing to invest so much gold for such a common achievement? Again, it seems that not the fact the item is on the TP is the issue. The issue is related with the reason the price is so high.

2. **Farming something over Charakter Leveling is kind off a common strategy right now. Material for Legy / Black Lion Keys + anything i dont know about.**

LOL!! You try to put an equal sign between this armor and a legendary armor/weapon? Are you really serious? And, for BL keys you can do it and to stop after 2-3-10. But for this achievement you need 25. That means raising 25 characters to the level needed for the Sigil. With what continuation? Delete the character and create another. Again, are you serious? BTW - for the BL keys, you can do it once per week. In less than 15 minutes. I don't consider this farming - this is much more as a change of gameplay.

3. You sold ONE Sigil. Why you don't sold 25? To be sure you truly helped ONE player to have the achievement? But, contrary with what you believe, this did not make that guy **happy**. He only bought the item. Well, not many players want to do that - aka to pay no matter how much for an achievement. As you observe, I use the word "achievement". The armor itself is not so important.

4. Again - the farming is not something advertised by this game. If you want to farm so badly, I think this is not a game for you.

5. **If u need a lot of old for your goals, you got a lot of Work** - this is priceless =). If I perform a lot of work, I expect a lot of **real money** as reward. I don't think I'm insane if I consider some pixels (even in a form of "lot of gold") to not be be a proper reward for a lot of **work**. I don't want to be rude, but if you have the proper age, try to find a job. You will see that for your work you usually expect a different thing that some ingame gold. And if you don't have the legal age for a job, then try to not use the word "work" when you try to lecture us.

> @"yann.1946" said:

> But they don't want to for a plethora of different reasons. If the supply on the TP was equal to 25 times the amount of players it would be unhealthy because it would be worthless.

Of course it would be worthless in that case but I think there can be a mid-point, not worthless and not so expensive.

> @"yann.1946" said:

> > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > @"yann.1946" said:

> > > > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > Are you measuring by how many you can buy with the slider? Bc I'm pretty sure that only allows you to buy as many as you can see listed, and that list is truncated, and for me shows a number close to what you are seeing. But the total number I see listed is closer to what Urud noted . . .

> > > >

> > > > That makes sense, I very very rarely use the TP and I guess it shows. Even with a supply of 1220 that's less than 50 players, that's nothing compared to the playerbase of this game. Disregarding the high price, there isn't enough supply of this item.

> > >

> > > A healthy supply doesn't mean the entire player base should be able to buy the item at the same time.

> > > It means people can aquire it if they want to

> >

> > And if more than fifty ppl want to, then they can't . . .

>

> But they don't want to for a plethora of different reasons.

What do you suppose some of those reasons might be? Is it possible that any of those reasons could be undesirable . . ?

>If the supply on the TP was equal to 25 times the amount of players it would be unhealthy because it would be worthless.

Can you give any objective reason why the sigil being worthless is unhealthy? How much worth does the sigil need to have before it becomes healthy? Can it gain so much worth that it becomes unhealthy again . . ?

> On top of that are we not accounting for the ones who get instasold.

Which would have what to do with what exactly, in this context . . ?

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> > @"yann.1946" said:

> > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > @"yann.1946" said:

> > > > > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > > > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > > Are you measuring by how many you can buy with the slider? Bc I'm pretty sure that only allows you to buy as many as you can see listed, and that list is truncated, and for me shows a number close to what you are seeing. But the total number I see listed is closer to what Urud noted . . .

> > > > >

> > > > > That makes sense, I very very rarely use the TP and I guess it shows. Even with a supply of 1220 that's less than 50 players, that's nothing compared to the playerbase of this game. Disregarding the high price, there isn't enough supply of this item.

> > > >

> > > > A healthy supply doesn't mean the entire player base should be able to buy the item at the same time.

> > > > It means people can aquire it if they want to

> > >

> > > And if more than fifty ppl want to, then they can't . . .

> >

> > But they don't want to for a plethora of different reasons.

> What do you suppose some of those reasons might be? Is it possible that any of those reasons could be undesirable . . ?

Of course they could be. The biggest problem I personally feel is more that people are of the opinion that some to baron screwed them over.

But I fear that problem can't be solved.

> >If the supply on the TP was equal to 25 times the amount of players it would be unhealthy because it would be worthless.

> Can you give any objective reason why the sigil being worthless is unhealthy? How much worth does the sigil need to have before it becomes healthy? Can it gain so much worth that it becomes unhealthy again . . ?

People feeling their loot is worthless for example.

And I can totally use that argument against you to why would a sigil being expensive be unhealthy?

I personally don't have the data to figure out what the healthy price would be.

> > On top of that are we not accounting for the ones who get instasold.

> Which would have what to do with what exactly, in this context . . ?

>

They also account for supply just not one you see.

> @"yann.1946" said:

> People feeling their loot is worthless for example.

A superior sigil that is only used in a Living World collection is the most expensive superior sigil in the game. How is that healthy for the game? The sigils that are actually useful in the game are worth a tiny fraction of the cost of this one and now if the value of this worthless sigil is reduced people will feel that their loot is worthless?