> > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > @"SloRules.3560" said:

> > > G, W, N, N, X

> > > G, W, N, N, M

> > > G, N, N, M, T

> > >

> > > X= Mesmer, Warrior, Necro, Rev, Guard

> >

> > I think you'd see some variation on this for most guilds.

>

> Ofc, but that wasn't the question.

I was just saying that you basically answered the question for most guilds.

They'd play it safe and run some balanced comp.

While I would agree that the terms are rather ambigious, guild play has for a number of years been broken down into raids/guildroams, skirmishes and GvG - where raids are just spontaneous fights on a map, skirmishes is when two guilds (silently or through chat) decide upon a spot on the map under more matchlike conditions and GvG is further codified for tournament or internal "leaderboard" purposes (or more likely just bragging rights). That's how it has been in EU since vanilla at least, I have no idea about the US.

However, once you get into it with your guild most of it becomes more logical than it seems explained in text. The point being that you would build differently for each scenario (from uneven numbers and starting conditions to even numbers et. al. to limitations on balance issues, eg., four-per-class rules etc.). Since GvG guilds generally recruit for their endplay their compositions may not look that different on first glimpse but there certainly are important differences when they play, from not keeping a bench when raiding to testing out new comp ideas when skirmishing etc.

Also, while guild play is very much in hibernation (EU) at the moment, some guilds have recently reformed again and started laying down the groundwork in anticipation or hope of an early 2019 release of (or update/timeframe on) alliances. That means that we have no solid meta but there are the occassional raids and skirms where, without much surprise, there either seem to be scourge- or spellbreaker-oriented comps on two-four splits as the most common (ie., two sets of condi- and power norms). However, meta tends to become more interesting during whatever competitions when new counter- and out-of-the-box comps are revealed and can settle into meta. The low-end meta rarely wins competitions.

I think it's interesting that the argument against scrappers is that there are not many scrappers ;)

With the reveal-buff and the strong passive heal and condi clear, there is some benefit of taking a scrapper into a GvG.

Due to blasting limitations per field (max 5 player per fields), you need to be careful who blasts how many times, if you don't use a thief, though.