Condition Spellbreaker?

Sifu.9745

It could work (with double swords + bow for example), but if you want condi there's literally zero point to go Spellbreaker over Berserker (unless you really really want the full counter). You would miss on torch and a lot of condi dmg traits/skills as Spellbreaker doesn't offer anything in that regards, and ANet made clear Berserker is the way for condi (as it doesn't really work with power anymore). I mean the damage of Spellbreaker is already on the lower edge of the spectrum (with all those crit dmg modifiers), I don't even want to imagine how its condi variant would fare.

> @BlazeQ.1095 said:

> > @Qiraa.4130 said:

> > a build centered around confusion on interrupt due to confusing hammer together with full counter proc while wearing the grieving set sounds interesting in theory, for wvw roaming that is

> >

> >

>

> Unfortunately Perplexity runes now proc on heal instead of interrupt.

Merciless Hammer may be enough, but Mending would be an decent heal choice to proc the runes and help manage condis.

I doubt it would be a great build due to the need to interrupt and limited condi diversity, but it might be ok.

It'd be okay (not great) if the Longbow Burst wasn't 180 radius and lasted more than 2 seconds.

The main problem is that if you use Longbow or Sword MH, you have no way to trigger the boonstrip minor without using Full Counter, Break Enchantments, or WoD.

The minor needs expanding to including either Burst Skills (Longbow and Sword become multihit boon strips if you linger in them) or at least Immobolize (Longbow 5 and Sword Burst only the first hit).

> @Qiraa.4130 said:

> a build centered around confusion on interrupt due to confusing hammer together with full counter proc while wearing the grieving set sounds interesting in theory, for wvw roaming that is

>

>

I tried something like this. The problem I ran into was getting kited so hard I had to bust out my greatsword as my other weapon. Then at that point I'm using 2 power-damage weapons on a condi build and relying on only interrupts. I didn't try it for that long though, and WvW wasn't that active when I was doing it. So maybe it'd be good in a blob. The synergy with full counter is undeniable for sure.

edit: I overlooked the part about Grieving stats...maybe that'd solve my issue of using greatsword/hammer.

> @SWI.4127 said:

> > @Qiraa.4130 said:

> > a build centered around confusion on interrupt due to confusing hammer together with full counter proc while wearing the grieving set sounds interesting in theory, for wvw roaming that is

> >

> >

>

> I tried something like this. The problem I ran into was getting kited so hard I had to bust out my greatsword as my other weapon. Then at that point I'm using 2 power-damage weapons on a condi build and relying on only interrupts. I didn't try it for that long though, and WvW wasn't that active when I was doing it. So maybe it'd be good in a blob. The synergy with full counter is undeniable for sure.

>

> edit: I overlooked the part about Grieving stats...maybe that'd solve my issue of using greatsword/hammer.

yea due to the fact that Grieving is almost like berserker with condi stats on it means you still play as a power warrior but rely more on those interrupts.

doesnt need a hammer either, you can go with dagger main or mace and shield

the downside is that you have to sacrifice the defence traitline for this build but i figured you have a good amount of resistance from spellbreaker to keep off the condi

either way this is just theorycrafting atm because i have no way of crafting this new gear