[Idea] Rifle 3 change

Zacchary.6183

Take Double Tap, remove it and replace it with the current TRB. The new skill for kneeling Rifle 3 will be:

**Dragon's Breath Shell** (4 ini) (1/2s)

Fire a round that explodes with dragon's flame, corrupting boons on your target and enemies around them. If an enemy you marked is hit with Dragonfire Round, a boon is also stolen from them. Enemies without boons take increased damage.

Damage: 322 (.8)

Boons Converted: 1

Boons Stolen: 1

Damage Increase vs No Boons: 50%

Number of Targets: 5

Radius: 130

Range: 1500

What do you think?

> @"Doctor Hide.6345" said:

> I would rather just have TRB return initiative on the hits like unload.

I really don't like ini on hit because all it does is promote spam. And spam is boring.

Maybe give 1 malice (with icd ?) if all bullets hit so you can use it to build malice faster and use the weapon as it is meant to be : a burst weapon. Build-up time for malice is about 7 seconds (whatever if you have 5 or 7 malice) without [Revealed Malice](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Revealed_Malice "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Revealed_Malice") which is **huge** for power thief. That would help to reach our peek faster at ini cost so there is some trade off between using TRB and reaching high damage quick or waiting a bit more and having ini to cast one more DJ. It adds add more depth into the rifle use which is really needed imho.

For Double Tap either :

* give a defensive boon (either prot or regen with short duration) on all bullets hit -> we get tankier while moving

* move the condi clear from DR and lower ini cost from DR by 1 -> better mobility and allow "passive" condi clear

This way we won't to dump all ini into DR when we are pressured and can sustain and damage while moving. Anyway lower by 1 the might given since standing should about kitting and finding the good spot and i don't like straight up buffs.

> @ich.7086 said:

> > @"Doctor Hide.6345" said:

> > I would rather just have TRB return initiative on the hits like unload.

> I really don't like ini on hit because all it does is promote spam. And spam is boring.

>

> Maybe give 1 malice (with icd ?) if all bullets hit so you can use it to build malice faster and use the weapon as it is meant to be : a burst weapon. Build-up time for malice is about 7 seconds (whatever if you have 5 or 7 malice) without [Revealed Malice](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Revealed_Malice "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Revealed_Malice") which is **huge** for power thief. That would help to reach our peek faster at ini cost so there is some trade off between using TRB and reaching high damage quick or waiting a bit more and having ini to cast one more DJ. It adds add more depth into the rifle use which is really needed imho.

>

> For Double Tap either :

> * give a defensive boon (either prot or regen with short duration) on all bullets hit -> we get tankier while moving

> * move the condi clear from DR and lower ini cost from DR by 1 -> better mobility and allow "passive" condi clear

> This way we won't to dump all ini into DR when we are pressured and can sustain and damage while moving. Anyway lower by 1 the might given since standing should about kitting and finding the good spot and i don't like straight up buffs.

That's not too bad. My main goal is to get too DJ faster, so having a full hit of TRB for 1 malice works. My only problem I see is DJ itself then. After 2-3 shots, you are out of ini, so you have to wait and doing nothing until you have more which is why I recommended ini in return with TRB.

The point of the change i proposed is to offer the DE a deal : he can have full malice faster but he won't be able to use as much DJ. So your use of TRB will depend of whenever you prefer saving up ini for DJ or not : which introduces some decision making.

We shouldn't have everything on rifle : we should have the ability to choose between high/medium sustained damage (TRB) or extreme and delayed burst (DJ). The ability to do both at low cost isn't healthy.

2-3 DJ is about 30-45K damage at 5+ malice against a 3+K armor i would say. It's a pretty good damage/ini conversion and enough to down most target.

You have the option for both, the thing is that you can't have both at the same time.

Rifle is unlikely to be meta in Raid/FotM by design of Rifle (long range + burst driven). You **may** find some niche uses like might buffer + kitter for sab or range damage at deimos (mid strat) if you really want to but it won't take a support slot (not enough buffs) nor a dps spot (because burst damage < sustained damage) in the current meta. I prefer trying to make it better in PvP/WvW with better sustain and mobility and lower wait time to burst than trying to fit Rifle in Raid/FotM meta.