Map shape, placement, and locations.

Two questions for ya.

This latest map is shaped a bit weird. Now, that's fine, but are you planning on using oddly shaped maps to fill non-square holes in the world map? The map texture is getting to me - like, why not just fill it in with discovered texture (same with some HoT areas between maps)? A map between Vabbi and Jahai with an unconventional shape, for instance. Also, are you planning on filling in gap areas, like bridging PoF to core tyria and bridging Istan and Sandswept Isles to PoF?

Are you guys ever planning on adding capes and cloaks? I know, it's a clipping issue, but even if you made an animation for every use of the cloak on every race, from flipping over someone as a d/d thief, to a Charr's tail coming out underneath it, it's a lot of work, but you also don't need cloaks that cover the back... Something like a coat that extends down really low in a cloak-like manner, or a shoulderpiece with a long piece of fabric stretching down? Plus, everyone wants it and will pay for it. So there's that. Include them in the next expansion!

In Jahai Bluffs, there is that big undescoverable part spaning from the north, towards the middle of the map. It makes Jahai Bluffs look kind of "wierd" looking at it on the world map. Was this a design choice ? Are there any plans to maybe make this explorable ? or to at least give it a proper texture so it looks nicer ?

Alot of us love seeing the world map reveal more and more of itself. It would be great if more "painted" parts of the world map (which do not have enough space for a new map) could get proper textures, just like it happened to the area around bloodstone fen and wing3 (i think).

> @"Glider.5792" said:

> In Jahai Bluffs, there is that big undescoverable part spaning from the north, towards the middle of the map. It makes Jahai Bluffs look kind of "wierd" looking at it on the world map. Was this a design choice ? Are there any plans to maybe make this explorable ? or to at least give it a proper texture so it looks nicer ?

Are you talking about the area between the "maguuma jungle" area and the area where the Death-Touched Shatterer spawns? I think it kind of was an intentional design choice since, with the help of that_shaman, we can see it's a part of the map that didn't exist back in Nightfall. The west part is Turai's Procession, the east part is Yatendi Canyons, and the south is Jahai Bluffs (with Sun's Refuge taking up the SW corner). In between the first two, that's where most of the disruptions are, areas not explored before. Might be a cheat, but it's one way to do it.