Power Herald Dmg modiffications

Lucas.3718

Hey everyone

Looking at Herald i noticed that herald got many percentage dmg modification opportunities. So out of curriosity i counted every-possible-dmg modiffication-possible to power herald, and came to the conclusion that "if the stars align" he could pretty much double his dps at the point of getting 108% bonus dmg (not counting might). but the following conditions need to be met for that to happen:

(7%) Fury uptime: pretty easy with herald

(7%)At least 1 stack of vulnerability: easy with sword

(10%)5 sword attacks hitting: ...

(20%)enemy must be below 50% hp: important condition for dps boost

(7%+10%)Both when youre above 90%health (trait and rune)

(12%) depending on your boon count. every boon is 1%

(20%) you must have all utility facets active as every one means 4 % (4x5=20)

(5%) Weapon sigil (force)

(10%) weapon sigil (night)

7+7+10+20+7+10+12+20+5+10=108

To be fair there are many conditions and preparations you need to count on if you want to go all on these dmg boost, but if all are met, your dmg could go over the top (i hope)

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> % damage is multiplicative with itself.

>

> 176% assuming sources that add % damage from multiple smaller sources in a single trait are additive.

A friend of mine explained it like this, that percentage boost are additive to the base damage. think of it like a super saiyan transformation (dragon ball z). super saiyan is a 500% power level increase, regardless of base form power lvl. this is how i imagine the percentage boosts in gw2. they basicly add up, regardless of you base dmg

> @"Lucas.3718" said:

> > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > % damage is multiplicative with itself.

> >

> > 176% assuming sources that add % damage from multiple smaller sources in a single trait are additive.

>

> A friend of mine explained it like this, that percentage boost are additive to the base damage. think of it like a super saiyan transformation (dragon ball z). super saiyan is a 500% power level increase, regardless of base form power lvl. this is how i imagine the percentage boosts in gw2. they basicly add up, regardless of you base dmg

?

The math for % damage multipliers is,

Base Damage x 1.1 x 1.05 x 1.2 x 1.07 x and so on.

Any time you add a % damage modifier to your build, it is straight up what ever % it says it adds.

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> > @"Lucas.3718" said:

> > > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > > % damage is multiplicative with itself.

> > >

> > > 176% assuming sources that add % damage from multiple smaller sources in a single trait are additive.

> >

> > A friend of mine explained it like this, that percentage boost are additive to the base damage. think of it like a super saiyan transformation (dragon ball z). super saiyan is a 500% power level increase, regardless of base form power lvl. this is how i imagine the percentage boosts in gw2. they basicly add up, regardless of you base dmg

>

> ?

>

> The math for % damage multipliers is,

>

> Base Damage x 1.1 x 1.05 x 1.2 x 1.07 x and so on.

>

> Any time you add a % damage modifier to your build, it is straight up what ever % it says it adds.

So basicly if you get lets say 10% to your base damage, then this becomes your "new base "damage and if you get another 20% damage multiplier it again gets your base damage and so on ?

> @"Lucas.3718" said:

> > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > > @"Lucas.3718" said:

> > > > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > > > % damage is multiplicative with itself.

> > > >

> > > > 176% assuming sources that add % damage from multiple smaller sources in a single trait are additive.

> > >

> > > A friend of mine explained it like this, that percentage boost are additive to the base damage. think of it like a super saiyan transformation (dragon ball z). super saiyan is a 500% power level increase, regardless of base form power lvl. this is how i imagine the percentage boosts in gw2. they basicly add up, regardless of you base dmg

> >

> > ?

> >

> > The math for % damage multipliers is,

> >

> > Base Damage x 1.1 x 1.05 x 1.2 x 1.07 x and so on.

> >

> > Any time you add a % damage modifier to your build, it is straight up what ever % it says it adds.

>

> So basicly if you get lets say 10% to your base damage, then this becomes your "new base "damage and if you get another 20% damage multiplier it again gets your base damage and so on ?

Yes. It's a runaway effect on revenant.

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> Damage modifiers are additive, not multiplicative.

"Damage multipliers combine in a multiplicative fashion rather than additive; i.e. they stack on top of each other instead of being calculated separately. For example, the Superior Sigil of Force (5%), Superior Sigil of the Night (10%), a 10% trait, a 20% trait and the (6) bonus of the Superior Rune of the Scholar (10%) combine for a final damage bonus of 1.05 * 1.1 * 1.1 * 1.2 * 1.1 ≈ 1.677 or approximately 67.7%."

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Damage_calculation#Damage_calculation