WvW Mirage Questions

Kyuzo.1495

Hello and good day, fellow Mesmer's. A few questions for anyone that runs Mirage and roams. As Condition damage...I know but I have a set of Trailblazer gear from my necro. Why not? So to the topic at hand.

1. Scavenging or Adventurer

2. Decided Chaos but either Dueling or Illusions?

3. Sword/Sword or Sword/Pistol? I've been using Scepter/ Torch as the other set, that okay?

4. Signet of Midnight or Domination?

Thank you for anyone that does get a chance to read and reply. Looking forward to see what some people choose. I know metabuild has a few builds in their Archive. And Osicat's build is pretty sweet for a more shatter condi/power build. Which I am trying to gear for in the future. I'm new to Mesmer as a whole but really wanted to try something new. I roam so not into the blob life. Once again thank you and have a nice day.

Hello! At the moment there's so many variations which is awesome - everyone has their own preference and all of them are able to succeed with different strengths/weaknesses (depends what you are happy compromising). Use all the info you get from everyone and develop it into something that supports the playstyle which you will enjoy most.

Scavenging is passable especially if you like to build for a lot of vitality (my opinion it has more going for it in pvp due to carrion amulet, but wvw has other possibly more useful rune choices), but the endurance on adventurer is still 50% in wvw (not nerfed like in pvp) which offers a lot for survivability. Alternatively consider movement speed like traveler/speed runes - unless you have an alternative way to get around (focus, signet of inspiration, chrono, sigils, first aid kit skill 5... dbl shrines, etc).

Chaos, Duelling, Illusions... (or Domination or Inspiration) this is entirely up to you. Do you like to be more defensive, like more burst, like to augment a specific weapon/skill, want a particular trait for your playstyle, etc? There's no wrong choice, just consider how it meshes with your weapon, trait and gear stat choices, and things like clone generation. If you're reusing TB gear from your necro, that would suggest a tankier pure condi setup so could either play to the strengths and use traits to shore that up even further (ie Chaos traits), or go for more offensive application.

Would recommend spending some time in heart of the mists lobby with the profession npcs and test different trait setups with an amulet closest to the kind of gear/stats you intend to go for. Yes TB doesn't exist there, but you can approximate - slap on rabid or something and mentally ignore the extra bleed procs while testing, if using Duelling (sharper images). Main thing there is testing the trait setup you like best as well as the weapons and some sigils/runes.

Sw/Sw etc - with enough practice you can make almost anything work - just some weapons will be better against some things than others (just bear in mind iWarden is currently in a poor state). As above just spend time with each weapon combination in hotm to see what feels right - what is right for one player might not be right for another, so it's kind of tough to say "use this" or "use that". Eg, some people don't like scepter, others love it, and both do very well. Only thing I'd point out is that offhand sword has no native condi so may not be optimal if you're playing pure TB condi - pistol and torch would be better here, or even consider staff.

As to your 4th point though, would recommend don't use signet of domination unless you want to run some niche signet build or something - far more useful utilities available. Mainly should be looking at things like stunbreaks, condi cleanse or either survival/control.

Sorry if all that is a little vague - often I can be too fixed in opinion for build choices, so this time am conscious of keeping things open and don't want to negatively affect the fun of the discovery process for you. :)

@"Kyuzo.1495" Listening to @"Curunen.8729" good tipps. If u later want to tets Hybrid (high condi high power mirage) feel free to have a look at my channel/builds on Osicat (in the youtube).

This is the Shatter Cat mirage build. It nowdays use full griefing but in vid have 2 parts of condi/tought/vit gear.

/Love Osicat