Guesting on other regions

I'm wondering, will guesting on other regions ever become a thing?

I have one of my best friends and his guild on NA, but i'm an EU player. Id love to switch over and raid with them, or hell, just run around or join events like tyria pride on NA, but unless i wanna pay 500 gems or more for every single transfer, thats not possible. Switching permanently is also not an option for me and many others, because of connection issues that would suck a lot of fun out of regular playing. Worlds have become so irrelevant that guesting in your own region is already has no effects, the ability to at least temporarily guest over to NA would be so much more beneficial.

Will we ever see this become a thing? just lemme play with my friends pls ._.

As I understand the reason you can’t guest between regions is because the connection between the two isn’t dependable enough to allow people to play on one continent and have their account data on another. The information on maps on one continent and the account data on another continent has to be transferred back and forth between the two resulting in frequent disconnects.

>[Discussing the problems](

): In Guild Wars character data /is/ actually transferred across the Atlantic and it was a huge source of downtime and disconnects for EU players. It wasn't fair at all and so for Guild Wars 2 we decided it was a better trade-off to have reliable service on the same continent even if that limited the ability to play together somewhat.

tldr: the stability of connections and the speed of connections is still a consideration with computer based games.