Troll in WvW

Little Snow.7142

Ugh another one of these threads.

Ill post a nutshell response from every time I come across these:

If your side had decent roamers or scouts, there would be no issue as they know its up to them to "fix the troll". If your server doesn't have roamers or scouts that do this...then thats a l2p issue with your whole server. Scouts/Roamers real job is to take care of these people first, then take nearby camps/towers (if has enough people to do the tower) and to call out these things.

If someone is calling it out in Map Chat (say there were multiple trolls, and 1 of you) and no one shows up, its a l2p issue with the server itself. If there is a Comm up when this happens and they dont send people (or go themselves to to get rid of the troll(s)), then that a l2p issue for the Comm.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> Ugh another one of these threads.

>

> Ill post a nutshell response from every time I come across these:

Hello. It is 2018 now. It can take 10+ players to kill Deadeye who only wants to hide and tag the keep. He does not have to kill the guards, just tap one and go away.

> @"Little Snow.7142" said:

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > ... how is that trolling though?

>

> which server r u in ? let me tap ur keep and stealth , over and over for 4 hours ,

Plz do, if you can be bothered to tap a keep for 4 hours of your life I'd say you deserve to keep it contested.

> @"Pelto.9364" said:

> > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > Ugh another one of these threads.

> >

> > Ill post a nutshell response from every time I come across these:

>

> Hello. It is 2018 now. It can take 10+ players to kill Deadeye who only wants to hide and tag the keep. He does not have to kill the guards, just tap one and go away.

>

As a roamer / small scale roamer...if it takes 10 to kill a DE, theres something wrong, which is a great learning opportunity.

> @"Pelto.9364" said:

> > Ugh another one of these threads.

> >

> > Ill post a nutshell response from every time I come across these:

>

> Hello. It is 2018 now. It can take 10+ players to kill Deadeye who only wants to hide and tag the keep. He does not have to kill the guards, just tap one and go away.

>

Hello. It's 2018 now. For the past 6 years *any profession can walk to a keep every 3 minutes from any spawnpoint on a map and tag a keep.* They do not have to kill the guards, just tap one and go away.

As others have said, this is not trolling. It's part of WvW, the part that people deny others from using a waypoint to slow down enemy players and effectively make sure they keep people at that location, lowering the amount of people who could be scouting more important stuff.

Ignore keep trolls. If they're worth their salt, they won't be an easy catch even with multiple players after them. Most times, all they want is to be chased. Though there are those special individuals that will continue to contest a keep for hours regardless of whether they get attention or not.

Best way to deal with them is to ignore them. Most times, they'll stop in under an hour if they don't get any kind of response.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"borgs.6103" said:

> > New tap meta is to throw junk siege near a keep's guards and turn 360 degrees and walk away.

>

> Just sayin: if you turn 360 degrees, you have just turned around in a circle and heading back to the keeps guards... :wink:

What do you mean? Just turn 360 degrees and walk away.

> @"borgs.6103" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"borgs.6103" said:

> > > New tap meta is to throw junk siege near a keep's guards and turn 360 degrees and walk away.

> >

> > Just sayin: if you turn 360 degrees, you have just turned around in a circle and heading back to the keeps guards... :wink:

> What do you mean? Just turn 360 degrees and walk away.

You wanna turn 180 (the opposite direction than where you started). 360 would put you back in front of the guards.

Also, this is how I tap a structure.

> @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > @"borgs.6103" said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"borgs.6103" said:

> > > > New tap meta is to throw junk siege near a keep's guards and turn 360 degrees and walk away.

> > >

> > > Just sayin: if you turn 360 degrees, you have just turned around in a circle and heading back to the keeps guards... :wink:

> > What do you mean? Just turn 360 degrees and walk away.

>

> You wanna turn 180 (the opposite direction than where you started). 360 would put you back in front of the guards.

>

> Also, this is how I tap a structure.

>

Exactly. Just turn 360 degrees and walk away.

> @"borgs.6103" said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > @"borgs.6103" said:

> > > > > New tap meta is to throw junk siege near a keep's guards and turn 360 degrees and walk away.

> > > >

> > > > Just sayin: if you turn 360 degrees, you have just turned around in a circle and heading back to the keeps guards... :wink:

> > > What do you mean? Just turn 360 degrees and walk away.

> >

> > You wanna turn 180 (the opposite direction than where you started). 360 would put you back in front of the guards.

> >

> > Also, this is how I tap a structure.

> >

>

> Exactly. Just turn 360 degrees and walk away.

Maths are hard.....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degree_(angle)

> > @"borgs.6103" said:

> > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > @"borgs.6103" said:

> > > > > > New tap meta is to throw junk siege near a keep's guards and turn 360 degrees and walk away.

> > > > >

> > > > > Just sayin: if you turn 360 degrees, you have just turned around in a circle and heading back to the keeps guards... :wink:

> > > > What do you mean? Just turn 360 degrees and walk away.

> > >

> > > You wanna turn 180 (the opposite direction than where you started). 360 would put you back in front of the guards.

> > >

> > > Also, this is how I tap a structure.

> > >

> >

> > Exactly. Just turn 360 degrees and walk away.

>

> Maths are hard.....

>

> https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degree_(angle)

surely 720 degrees would work?

> > @"borgs.6103" said:

> > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > @"borgs.6103" said:

> > > > > > New tap meta is to throw junk siege near a keep's guards and turn 360 degrees and walk away.

> > > > >

> > > > > Just sayin: if you turn 360 degrees, you have just turned around in a circle and heading back to the keeps guards... :wink:

> > > > What do you mean? Just turn 360 degrees and walk away.

> > >

> > > You wanna turn 180 (the opposite direction than where you started). 360 would put you back in front of the guards.

> > >

> > > Also, this is how I tap a structure.

> > >

> >

> > Exactly. Just turn 360 degrees and walk away.

>

> Maths are hard.....

>

> https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degree_(angle)

For you. Be a big guy.

> @"felincyriac.5981" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > > @"borgs.6103" said:

> > > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > > @"borgs.6103" said:

> > > > > > > New tap meta is to throw junk siege near a keep's guards and turn 360 degrees and walk away.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Just sayin: if you turn 360 degrees, you have just turned around in a circle and heading back to the keeps guards... :wink:

> > > > > What do you mean? Just turn 360 degrees and walk away.

> > > >

> > > > You wanna turn 180 (the opposite direction than where you started). 360 would put you back in front of the guards.

> > > >

> > > > Also, this is how I tap a structure.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Exactly. Just turn 360 degrees and walk away.

> >

> > Maths are hard.....

> >

> > https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degree_(angle)

>

> surely 720 degrees would work?

Absolutely! But once we hit 1080 we are falling over from dizziness.

actually theres a good point to this post, keeps and towers should contest when you hit them with seige imo:

1) 1 player tagging a keep and taking away the waypoint from 70 is a MASSIVE imbalance

2) would cut down on need for scouting every time someone tagged a keep and ran away, which is boring to say the least

3) on the note of #2 above, why is it that we dont have a “guard keep” upgrade anyhow to make attackers show up on minimap as with towers? I could see where this would make keeps overpowered for defenders previously when Arrow carts were essentially god mode defense, but now that defenders actually have to fight to defend the keep, it seems like this should be a thing to me

4) also would be nice if we could see if a keep without a waypoint or tower is contested on a map we arnt on (currently can see this only on keeps with waypoints)

I've done tapping when main group is seizing SMC in the past before. Call it strategy if you want, but it is terribly boring for both the tapper and people who need to run. Even unrewarding as well since the tapper often gains nothing and have to self-motivate and even joke about getting appreciation in chat to keep going.

Personally I see it needs to be make it so gate at least lose 2%. So that at least you need to dedicate a 5 men roaming group who wishes for decent fights, rather than just single player hitting gate.

> @"NICENIKESHOE.7128" said:

> Personally I see it needs to be make it so gate at least lose 2%. So that at least you need to dedicate a 5 men roaming group who wishes for decent fights, rather than just single player hitting gate.

What if they catapult the walls?

> @"NICENIKESHOE.7128" said:

>

>

> Personally I see it needs to be make it so gate at least lose 2%. So that at least you need to dedicate a 5 men roaming group who wishes for decent fights, rather than just single player hitting gate.

Two people can accomplish this. There would be no need for 5...

> @"borgs.6103" said:

> > @"NICENIKESHOE.7128" said:

> > Personally I see it needs to be make it so gate at least lose 2%. So that at least you need to dedicate a 5 men roaming group who wishes for decent fights, rather than just single player hitting gate.

>

> What if they catapult the walls?

>

They can, which needs supply :)

> > @"NICENIKESHOE.7128" said:

> >

> >

> > Personally I see it needs to be make it so gate at least lose 2%. So that at least you need to dedicate a 5 men roaming group who wishes for decent fights, rather than just single player hitting gate.

>

> Two people can accomplish this. There would be no need for 5...

Given enough time for PvD or one ram hit yeah, unless door is paper tier.