• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Aavataris.5720" said:

> > @"Jethro.9376" said:

>

> But that **if you can fly everywhere,** I'm saying to add content **ON the horizontal maps** that already exist, to:

> * Encourage level 80 to use older maps more.

> * Fly in these specific areas (not all parts) and add events in them.

Yes, but why do lvl 80 play low lvl maps? Simple gathering, daylies world bosses and collections. A small zone of "fun" doesn't change that.

> @"Jethro.9376" said:

I could change everything (without damaging what is already).

* You could access many areas over the map through spaces to ascend to them (what is "a large area"), and fly between those areas.

* There could be many more high-level events on beginner maps that would not affect low-level players.

* You would expand the activities, not only go for the boss, but also stay for other things on the map.

* It could fly freely in parts that would not affect the maps (on the other maps, in Lyon Arch, in the 5 cities, etc).

And I know that all this would work because ALREADY EXISTS in specific parts of the new maps (many HoT maps, PoF maps) ... you just have to broaden the idea and define in which zones it applies.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Aavataris.5720" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> >

> > The fact of your just complaining, without giving arguments, and forcing "problems" does not cause them to destroy the whole game just to extend an interaction that they are already using in certain maps ¬¬

>

> Allows you to essentially skip over large parts of the game world making it smaller. Imagine me being able to do map completion by just flying around to avoid all mobs and obstacles and only coming down to do something I need before going back up into the sky. It’d be similar to just having the ability to just teleport from point to point. You’d lose the connection with the gameworld.

>

>

So, you do realize you can already teleport from point to point via waypoints. I can skip over the entire game world currently by going from one waypoint to another. Flying in no way disconnects me from the game world, in fact it increases immersion for my griffon which should be able to fly but can't.

Flying would add to game content and not trivialize much of the game that is not already trivialized by gliding or current mounts. World completion still relies on completing content not just showing up. Many of the points of interest (waypoints too) require finding them and have a proximity bubble, meaning you can't just fly over them. Vistas have already been trivialized by mounts, but they are still fun to get to.

Area's being broken is actually a minor issue, that can be fixed and actively patched. It isn't game breaking and actually increases player fun and game time played, which translates to more gem store sales.

Content is already skipped by travel skills, mounts, waypoints, or just ignoring it. Content is played if it's fun, skipped if it's not. Flying would add another option for travel skills, and content creation. I support a flying mount 100%.

> > @"Jethro.9376" said:

>

> I could change everything (without damaging what is already).

> * You could access many areas over the map through spaces to ascend to them (what is "a large area"), and fly between those areas.

> * There could be many more high-level events on beginner maps that would not affect low-level players.

> * You would expand the activities, not only go for the boss, but also stay for other things on the map.

> * It could fly freely in parts that would not affect the maps (on the other maps, in Lyon Arch, in the 5 cities, etc).

>

> And I know that all this would work because ALREADY EXISTS in specific parts of the new maps (many HoT maps, PoF maps) ... you just have to broaden the idea and define in which zones it applies.

Thoes new areas on old maps could split the playerbase, if there is something of value to do. Leading to more instances of the same map and players without access to those areas feel more lonely.

High level events worked in the past already without splitting high and low level. (living world)

Do you mean a flying ViP area? You could even make money out of it by selling an entrance pass (like Lilly of Elon).

> @"MokahTGS.7850" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Aavataris.5720" said:

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > >

> > > The fact of your just complaining, without giving arguments, and forcing "problems" does not cause them to destroy the whole game just to extend an interaction that they are already using in certain maps ¬¬

> >

> > Allows you to essentially skip over large parts of the game world making it smaller. Imagine me being able to do map completion by just flying around to avoid all mobs and obstacles and only coming down to do something I need before going back up into the sky. It’d be similar to just having the ability to just teleport from point to point. You’d lose the connection with the gameworld.

> >

> >

>

> So, you do realize you can already teleport from point to point via waypoints. I can skip over the entire game world currently by going from one waypoint to another. Flying in no way disconnects me from the game world, in fact it increases immersion for my griffon which should be able to fly but can't.

That’s not what I was referring to. I was talking about anywhere in the map such as from vista to vista, heart to heart, directly to a world boss, etc. Flying would be no different as you’re simply bypassing all of the content/obstacles along the way.

Griffons in this game do not fly.

> Flying would add to game content and not trivialize much of the game that is not already trivialized by gliding or current mounts. World completion still relies on completing content not just showing up. Many of the points of interest (waypoints too) require finding them and have a proximity bubble, meaning you can't just fly over them. Vistas have already been trivialized by mounts, but they are still fun to get to.

Yeah. Being able to avoid content by flying over it adds to the game and doesn’t trivialize that content. /s

You can swoop down to be within range. The teleport example I made was similar to the impact flyable mounts would cause. The only difference being that you’d have to fly up in the air to skip things rather than it be instantaneous.

Just because existing mounts cause some things to be trivialized doesn’t mean that we can just say kitten it and let them trivialize everything.

> Area's being broken is actually a minor issue, that can be fixed and actively patched. It isn't game breaking and actually increases player fun and game time played, which translates to more gem store sales.

It’s less time played as you’ll traverse the maps much quickly. Imagine how much quicker map completion would be as well as traveling around the maps?

> Content is already skipped by travel skills, mounts, waypoints, or just ignoring it. Content is played if it's fun, skipped if it's not. Flying would add another option for travel skills, and content creation. I support a flying mount 100%.

That’s not the same.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> I was talking about anywhere in the map such as ... directly to a world boss, etc. Flying would be no different

If flying would be no different than going directly from world boss to world boss than I don't see where the problem is.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> Griffons do not fly.

Now that breaks immersion.

> @"Tails.9372" said:

> > I was talking about anywhere in the map such as ... directly to a world boss, etc. Flying would be no different

> If flying would be no different than going directly from world boss to world boss than I don't see where the problem is.

Except it would be different as you’re passing over all of the content on the route there.

> > Griffons do not fly.

> Now that breaks immersion.

No it doesn’t any more than pigs don’t fly.

Edit: Decent article on what I was talking about but specifically:

https://massivelyop.com/2015/04/02/wow-factor-flying-ruined-everything-and-shouldnt-be-removed/

>You may have noticed that with a flying mount, your approach to every single quest is basically the same: land as close to the objective as possible, kill/take it, take to the skies, turn it in. Landscape layout, enemy patrols — all of that is completely invalidated by the fact that the rest of the game world is working in two functional dimensions while you’re working in three. If you could loot objects from the sky, you’d never freaking leave, and with good cause: The designers basically handed you a cheat code that allowed you to bypass enemies more effectively than any stealth class ever could. Darn right you aren’t going to go back to being land-based.

I get it. Flying is cool and I have enjoyed doing it in the adventures. However, you’re letting that cloud your judgement and not seeing the negative implications it would have.

The same thing was brought up time and time again in the threads requesting mounts. Now people have the ability to bypass jumping puzzles (Anet hasn’t been perfect preventing this) and players can bypass obstacles to vistas to name a couple things. This all pales in comparison to the impact that actual flying mounts would cause.

Edit2: It also invalidates existing mounts which Anet has stated that they’re opposed to doing. Every mount has its place and there isn’t one that trumps them all.

> @"Jethro.9376" said:

* On the contrary, you currently have many players without the expansions that can not access those maps (there is the supposed division of which you speak). Here you have players with expansions going through the basic maps to enter, and re-enter, the upper zones (they would run into even more with the players without expansions and revive the basic maps).

* The events continue to working... the issue is where to expand new content: You can create new maps for more events (and isolate more players, which is what you claim), or take advantage of those who have their skies unused.

* All the content of the expansion can be considered VIP, here I am simply suggesting adding new content to old maps, without affecting new players and rescuing the same maps.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Tails.9372" said:

> > > I was talking about anywhere in the map such as ... directly to a world boss, etc. Flying would be no different

> > If flying would be no different than going directly from world boss to world boss than I don't see where the problem is.

>

> Except it would be different as you’re passing over all of the content on the route there.

>

> > > Griffons do not fly.

> > Now that breaks immersion.

>

> No it doesn’t any more than pigs don’t fly.

>

> Edit: Decent article on what I was talking about but specifically:

>

>

> https://massivelyop.com/2015/04/02/wow-factor-flying-ruined-everything-and-shouldnt-be-removed/

>

> >You may have noticed that with a flying mount, your approach to every single quest is basically the same: land as close to the objective as possible, kill/take it, take to the skies, turn it in. Landscape layout, enemy patrols — all of that is completely invalidated by the fact that the rest of the game world is working in two functional dimensions while you’re working in three. If you could loot objects from the sky, you’d never freaking leave, and with good cause: The designers basically handed you a cheat code that allowed you to bypass enemies more effectively than any stealth class ever could. Darn right you aren’t going to go back to being land-based.

>

> I get it. Flying is cool and I have enjoyed doing it in the adventures. However, you’re letting that cloud your judgement and not seeing the negative implications it would have.

>

> The same thing was brought up time and time again in the threads requesting mounts. Now people have the ability to bypass jumping puzzles (Anet hasn’t been perfect preventing this) and players can bypass obstacles to vistas to name a couple things. This all pales in comparison to the impact that actual flying mounts would cause.

In your opinion. I happen to disagree. The posted article is an opinion piece for a different game designed in a different way with completely different gameplay styles. One person's "ruined" is another person's improvement. The mount debate was long thought to be a dead horse...it wasn't. Flying is not a dead horse subject. So far, I've not seen a single point against that isn't opinion or based on conjecture. Added content isn't opinion, it's a feature. Flying would allow for more content types in the game.

I've done world boss trains...a lot...never once had to deal with other content, essentially skipping it over what I prefer to do. Flying mounts would not change this.

> @"MokahTGS.7850" said:

> > > @"Tails.9372" said:

> > > > I was talking about anywhere in the map such as ... directly to a world boss, etc. Flying would be no different

> > > If flying would be no different than going directly from world boss to world boss than I don't see where the problem is.

> >

> > Except it would be different as you’re passing over all of the content on the route there.

> >

> > > > Griffons do not fly.

> > > Now that breaks immersion.

> >

> > No it doesn’t any more than pigs don’t fly.

> >

> > Edit: Decent article on what I was talking about but specifically:

> >

> >

> > https://massivelyop.com/2015/04/02/wow-factor-flying-ruined-everything-and-shouldnt-be-removed/

> >

> > >You may have noticed that with a flying mount, your approach to every single quest is basically the same: land as close to the objective as possible, kill/take it, take to the skies, turn it in. Landscape layout, enemy patrols — all of that is completely invalidated by the fact that the rest of the game world is working in two functional dimensions while you’re working in three. If you could loot objects from the sky, you’d never freaking leave, and with good cause: The designers basically handed you a cheat code that allowed you to bypass enemies more effectively than any stealth class ever could. Darn right you aren’t going to go back to being land-based.

> >

> > I get it. Flying is cool and I have enjoyed doing it in the adventures. However, you’re letting that cloud your judgement and not seeing the negative implications it would have.

> >

> > The same thing was brought up time and time again in the threads requesting mounts. Now people have the ability to bypass jumping puzzles (Anet hasn’t been perfect preventing this) and players can bypass obstacles to vistas to name a couple things. This all pales in comparison to the impact that actual flying mounts would cause.

>

> In your opinion. I happen to disagree. The posted article is an opinion piece for a different game designed in a different way with completely different gameplay styles. One person's "ruined" is another person's improvement. The mount debate was long thought to be a dead horse...it wasn't. Flying is not a dead horse subject. So far, I've not seen a single point against that isn't opinion or based on conjecture. Added content isn't opinion, it's a feature. Flying would allow for more content types in the game.

>

> I've done world boss trains...a lot...never once had to deal with other content, essentially skipping it over what I prefer to do. Flying mounts would not change this.

I have not see a single point on why it should be added that isn’t opinion or based on conjecture.

What I listed are valid concerns and would cause valid issues. The points brought up in that article are applicable to GW2. Just because you don’t have a problem with them doesn’t mean that they can be ignored.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"MokahTGS.7850" said:

> > > > @"Tails.9372" said:

> > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > I was talking about anywhere in the map such as ... directly to a world boss, etc. Flying would be no different

> > > > If flying would be no different than going directly from world boss to world boss than I don't see where the problem is.

> > >

> > > Except it would be different as you’re passing over all of the content on the route there.

> > >

> > > > > Griffons do not fly.

> > > > Now that breaks immersion.

> > >

> > > No it doesn’t any more than pigs don’t fly.

> > >

> > > Edit: Decent article on what I was talking about but specifically:

> > >

> > >

> > > https://massivelyop.com/2015/04/02/wow-factor-flying-ruined-everything-and-shouldnt-be-removed/

> > >

> > > >You may have noticed that with a flying mount, your approach to every single quest is basically the same: land as close to the objective as possible, kill/take it, take to the skies, turn it in. Landscape layout, enemy patrols — all of that is completely invalidated by the fact that the rest of the game world is working in two functional dimensions while you’re working in three. If you could loot objects from the sky, you’d never freaking leave, and with good cause: The designers basically handed you a cheat code that allowed you to bypass enemies more effectively than any stealth class ever could. Darn right you aren’t going to go back to being land-based.

> > >

> > > I get it. Flying is cool and I have enjoyed doing it in the adventures. However, you’re letting that cloud your judgement and not seeing the negative implications it would have.

> > >

> > > The same thing was brought up time and time again in the threads requesting mounts. Now people have the ability to bypass jumping puzzles (Anet hasn’t been perfect preventing this) and players can bypass obstacles to vistas to name a couple things. This all pales in comparison to the impact that actual flying mounts would cause.

> >

> > In your opinion. I happen to disagree. The posted article is an opinion piece for a different game designed in a different way with completely different gameplay styles. One person's "ruined" is another person's improvement. The mount debate was long thought to be a dead horse...it wasn't. Flying is not a dead horse subject. So far, I've not seen a single point against that isn't opinion or based on conjecture. Added content isn't opinion, it's a feature. Flying would allow for more content types in the game.

> >

> > I've done world boss trains...a lot...never once had to deal with other content, essentially skipping it over what I prefer to do. Flying mounts would not change this.

>

> I have not see a single point on why it should be added that isn’t opinion or based on conjecture.

>

> What I listed are valid concerns and would cause valid issues. Just because you don’t have a problem with them doesn’t mean that they can be ignored.

Added content is not opinion. And your concerns are concerns...a matter of interest or importance to someone...not a feature, or gameplay mechanic that is broken because of the added feature. You have an opinion or a concern that flying would make a negative (also and opinion) impact on the game. Go back an read the mount threads. Lots of opinions for and against. ANet added mounts. Personally, I think they are the best feature added to the game in years...but that's my opinion. I've formed that opinion based on the amount of content it has added to the game...that isn't opinion. Those are game features. Added. They are there, whether people like them or not. Virtually all of PoF content is designed with mounts in mind. I like that content because of mounts, because of the new design and feature direction of the game.

Because of the addition of mounts, and how they were implemented, I have more confidence that ANet does not have to stop with ground based mounts and could add flying mounts to the game. This is opinion based on evidence in game now.

* Yes they pass through the map to get to the upper zones. But are they going to take part in random events/activities that are going? Maybe some of them. (because this is already the case.)

* In the past new content on old maps was introduced via collections (Weapon contest) or even a rework of a world boss.. Even with the sky unused there are still areas, event chains for collections and world bosses untouched.

* Can it be sonsidered rescue, if high lvl players rush through the map and take to the skies, while new players are left behind? It feels like this could be the state of dungeons all over again.

> @"MokahTGS.7850" said:

> > > @"MokahTGS.7850" said:

> > > > > @"Tails.9372" said:

> > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > I was talking about anywhere in the map such as ... directly to a world boss, etc. Flying would be no different

> > > > > If flying would be no different than going directly from world boss to world boss than I don't see where the problem is.

> > > >

> > > > Except it would be different as you’re passing over all of the content on the route there.

> > > >

> > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > Griffons do not fly.

> > > > > Now that breaks immersion.

> > > >

> > > > No it doesn’t any more than pigs don’t fly.

> > > >

> > > > Edit: Decent article on what I was talking about but specifically:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > https://massivelyop.com/2015/04/02/wow-factor-flying-ruined-everything-and-shouldnt-be-removed/

> > > >

> > > > >You may have noticed that with a flying mount, your approach to every single quest is basically the same: land as close to the objective as possible, kill/take it, take to the skies, turn it in. Landscape layout, enemy patrols — all of that is completely invalidated by the fact that the rest of the game world is working in two functional dimensions while you’re working in three. If you could loot objects from the sky, you’d never freaking leave, and with good cause: The designers basically handed you a cheat code that allowed you to bypass enemies more effectively than any stealth class ever could. Darn right you aren’t going to go back to being land-based.

> > > >

> > > > I get it. Flying is cool and I have enjoyed doing it in the adventures. However, you’re letting that cloud your judgement and not seeing the negative implications it would have.

> > > >

> > > > The same thing was brought up time and time again in the threads requesting mounts. Now people have the ability to bypass jumping puzzles (Anet hasn’t been perfect preventing this) and players can bypass obstacles to vistas to name a couple things. This all pales in comparison to the impact that actual flying mounts would cause.

> > >

> > > In your opinion. I happen to disagree. The posted article is an opinion piece for a different game designed in a different way with completely different gameplay styles. One person's "ruined" is another person's improvement. The mount debate was long thought to be a dead horse...it wasn't. Flying is not a dead horse subject. So far, I've not seen a single point against that isn't opinion or based on conjecture. Added content isn't opinion, it's a feature. Flying would allow for more content types in the game.

> > >

> > > I've done world boss trains...a lot...never once had to deal with other content, essentially skipping it over what I prefer to do. Flying mounts would not change this.

> >

> > I have not see a single point on why it should be added that isn’t opinion or based on conjecture.

> >

> > What I listed are valid concerns and would cause valid issues. Just because you don’t have a problem with them doesn’t mean that they can be ignored.

>

> Added content is not opinion. And your concerns are concerns...a matter of interest or importance to someone...not a feature, or gameplay mechanic that is broken because of the added feature. You have an opinion or a concern that flying would make a negative (also and opinion) impact on the game. Go back an read the mount threads. Lots of opinions for and against. ANet added mounts. Personally, I think they are the best feature added to the game in years...but that's my opinion. I've formed that opinion based on the amount of content it has added to the game...that isn't opinion. Those are game features. Added. They are there, whether people like them or not. Virtually all of PoF content is designed with mounts in mind. I like that content because of mounts, because of the new design and feature direction of the game.

Anet should add a device in game that lets you completely unlock all maps, teleport to any vista that you want, teleport to the end of every JP, etc. You cannot argue against it because added content is not opinion.

To be honest, the whole “added content is not opinion” statement makes absolutely no sense and isn’t even an argument for or against anything. You could add content that deletes your character if you fail at it. Does this mean any concerns about it should be simply dismissed as opinion?

You can attempt to dismiss what I have stated but the fact remains that they are valid concerns and have been actual issues in games where flying has been implemented.

> Because of the addition of mounts, and how they were implemented, I have more confidence that ANet does not have to stop with ground based mounts and could add flying mounts to the game. This is opinion based on evidence in game now.

It’s a big leap to go with how existing mounts are performing to one that does outright flying. Existing mounts have already been creating issues and adding a flying mount would only exacerbate the problem.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> "Flying would be no different"

> "Except it would be different"

Make up your mind, which one is it?

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> It also invalidates existing mounts which Anet has stated that they’re opposed to doing.

Which one exactly? Even if the griffon would have universal access to low gravity I don't see how any of the other mounts would be "invalidated".

> @"Tails.9372" said:

> > "Flying would be no different"

> > "Except it would be different"

> Make up your mind, which one is it?

Read the context and not cherrypick. Thanks.

> > It also invalidates existing mounts which Anet has stated that they’re opposed to doing.

> Which one exactly? Even if the griffon would have universal access to low gravity I don't see how any of the other mounts would be "invalidated".

>

It would better than all of them and be BiS. There would be no reason to use the other ones.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"MokahTGS.7850" said:

> > > > @"MokahTGS.7850" said:

> > > > > > @"Tails.9372" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > > I was talking about anywhere in the map such as ... directly to a world boss, etc. Flying would be no different

> > > > > > If flying would be no different than going directly from world boss to world boss than I don't see where the problem is.

> > > > >

> > > > > Except it would be different as you’re passing over all of the content on the route there.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > > Griffons do not fly.

> > > > > > Now that breaks immersion.

> > > > >

> > > > > No it doesn’t any more than pigs don’t fly.

> > > > >

> > > > > Edit: Decent article on what I was talking about but specifically:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > https://massivelyop.com/2015/04/02/wow-factor-flying-ruined-everything-and-shouldnt-be-removed/

> > > > >

> > > > > >You may have noticed that with a flying mount, your approach to every single quest is basically the same: land as close to the objective as possible, kill/take it, take to the skies, turn it in. Landscape layout, enemy patrols — all of that is completely invalidated by the fact that the rest of the game world is working in two functional dimensions while you’re working in three. If you could loot objects from the sky, you’d never freaking leave, and with good cause: The designers basically handed you a cheat code that allowed you to bypass enemies more effectively than any stealth class ever could. Darn right you aren’t going to go back to being land-based.

> > > > >

> > > > > I get it. Flying is cool and I have enjoyed doing it in the adventures. However, you’re letting that cloud your judgement and not seeing the negative implications it would have.

> > > > >

> > > > > The same thing was brought up time and time again in the threads requesting mounts. Now people have the ability to bypass jumping puzzles (Anet hasn’t been perfect preventing this) and players can bypass obstacles to vistas to name a couple things. This all pales in comparison to the impact that actual flying mounts would cause.

> > > >

> > > > In your opinion. I happen to disagree. The posted article is an opinion piece for a different game designed in a different way with completely different gameplay styles. One person's "ruined" is another person's improvement. The mount debate was long thought to be a dead horse...it wasn't. Flying is not a dead horse subject. So far, I've not seen a single point against that isn't opinion or based on conjecture. Added content isn't opinion, it's a feature. Flying would allow for more content types in the game.

> > > >

> > > > I've done world boss trains...a lot...never once had to deal with other content, essentially skipping it over what I prefer to do. Flying mounts would not change this.

> > >

> > > I have not see a single point on why it should be added that isn’t opinion or based on conjecture.

> > >

> > > What I listed are valid concerns and would cause valid issues. Just because you don’t have a problem with them doesn’t mean that they can be ignored.

> >

> > Added content is not opinion. And your concerns are concerns...a matter of interest or importance to someone...not a feature, or gameplay mechanic that is broken because of the added feature. You have an opinion or a concern that flying would make a negative (also and opinion) impact on the game. Go back an read the mount threads. Lots of opinions for and against. ANet added mounts. Personally, I think they are the best feature added to the game in years...but that's my opinion. I've formed that opinion based on the amount of content it has added to the game...that isn't opinion. Those are game features. Added. They are there, whether people like them or not. Virtually all of PoF content is designed with mounts in mind. I like that content because of mounts, because of the new design and feature direction of the game.

>

> Anet should add a device in game that lets you completely unlock all maps, teleport to any vista that you want, teleport to the end of every JP, etc. You cannot argue against it because added content is not opinion.

>

> You can attempt to dismiss what I have stated but the fact remains that they are valid concerns and have been actual issues in games where flying has been implemented.

>

> > Because of the addition of mounts, and how they were implemented, I have more confidence that ANet does not have to stop with ground based mounts and could add flying mounts to the game. This is opinion based on evidence in game now.

>

> It’s a big leap to go with how existing mounts are performing to one that does outright flying. Existing mounts have already been creating issues and adding a flying mount would only exacerbate the problem.

Anet has added a device that unlocks all waypoints. I personally don't like it, so I don't buy it. That's my opinion applied. I am arguing against it with my wallet, which is OK and valid. I am not dismissing (me dismissing your opinion is your opinion, BTW) your opinion. I am only emphasizing that I have not seen any point in this debate that lists a game feature that would be indisputably broken because of the flying feature. Which issues (read bugs, broken content) have mounts created that are not an opinion? Broken jumping puzzles? Valid, but something ANet can patch, so not valid. Skipped content? Not a broken feature...so not valid.

I'm not attempting to dismiss anything...I'm listing features and content that would be added to the game. I am also waiting for a list of features that would be broken because of flying. So far, I haven't seen it.

Here's a list a gameplay features and content that has been added because of mounts:

Mount Races

Faster Area Traveling

Mount Skins

Travel/Movement Functionality

New Masteries

New Combat Engage Abilities

Bigger and more interesting/dynamic areas

So, what is the feature list that is broken because of this?

I'm not going to conjecture about what flying will add since that's just wishful thinking on my part, but I can say this: IMO, based on what I have seen added to the game, that I feel ANet could add a fully flying mount in some fashion that would add content to the game. IMO, that addition would be positive.

As a widespread idea, I think this will run into too many issues and dev time costs to make it worth doing on old maps. A new map could pull this off if it's designed with this in mind, but you run into two problems:

In PoF (current expansion):

* Glider can not be required for anything. (It's from the previous expansion, which they can't assume everyone has.)

* Griffon is an optional mount, and not everyone has it.

Spending a large amount of time on developing something that requires you to have at least one of the two is a non-starter for the devs. And while I can see future expansions maybe bringing back the gliding mastery again, you can't count on that either.