Honestly I think 500 tokens is exaggerated. Why not reduce it?

500 tokens, eh?

Let's see..

* AC All paths [3] [300 AC tokens if no merge, 260 AC tokens if merge]

* CM P1/3 [2] [200 CM tokens]

* TA F/U [2] [200 TA tokens]

* HotW P1 [1] [100 HotW Tokens]

Oh, look, 8 paths, chest of dungeoneering get. [150 choice tokens, meaning one of these is possible from end value; AC tokens is anywhere from 410 to 450 tokens, CM tokens at 350, TA tokens at 350, HotW tokens at 250.]

* SE P1/3 [2] [200 SE tokens]

* CoF P1/2 [2] [200 CoF tokens]

* CoE All paths [3] [300 CoE tokens]

* Arah P3 or TA Aether [1] [100 Arah Tokens OR 100 TA tokens]

Ay, another 8 paths, chest of dungeoneering get. [150 choice tokens meaning one of these is possible for end values; SE tokens at 350, CoF tokens at 350, CoE tokens at 450, and Arah at 250 or TA at 250]

Get 4 reapers and a chrono together. Reapers are really twinked out for dungeon scaling due to how stat allotments work there, so any dungeon sub level 70 should be reapers, else, Dragon Hunters. Chrono is for alacrity, reflects, and pulls. All these paths should take no more than about two hours at most with a group like that. However,, dungeons are pretty easy, stuck in the perpetual game balance of 2014 or something, so as long as it's a power based DPS class, things should melt. Can be done with as little as two people (chrono, one dps) or as much as 4 (chrono and 4dps). More DPS means faster clears. Bring thief or engie for stealth skips in CM and TA and Arah if chosen to do.

Alternatively, pop a few boosters, lurk/roam in wvw, get tokens from reward track, though I don't suggest this as you'll be needing to spend at least 4h20m in WvW getting the gift of battle if you've got the boosters, otherwise, be prepared to spend 8h in WvW on it.

• 2 weeks later...

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > Running1 daily dungeon path for a week is not asking for too much and many people sit on hundreds of tokens anyway + reward tracks exist

> >

> > It is, if the devs themselves discontinued support on that content. What logic does it make to force people to play dead and unsupported content repeatedly?

>

> It's not dead content. And it's no less supported than the legendaries that require 500 tokens in the first place. They aren't adding new 1st generation legendaries or even new unbound ones. They haven't modified the requirements for any part of the legendary and have only fixed the most egregious bugs that can stymie the collections.

>

> If anything, it's easier now than every to gain 500 tokens. It's by far & away one of the least onerous components of the process, even though it might be the worst for the OP.

>

>

I'm not saying it's onerous... I mean, honestly, at this point it's personally onerous just to click the play button on the launcher. But personal feelings aside, Arena Net made it abundantly clear that Dungeons didn't work and were abandoned in favour of other content.

Legendaries, regardless of their generation have had ongoing support and improvements, even just recently the Minstrel got an update that unlocks a musical instrument from the legendary.

Dungeons haven't seen anything since HoT released, pretty much.

I'm not saying i fully agree with the OP, but i question the rationale of keeping "unsupported" content in the game, tied to so many other systems, or the overall philosophy that this is a symptom of: their constant drive to just push out new content, keeping older content without support or updates, to the point that newer areas of the game almost feel like an entirely different game due to the disparity in the tech applied.

Not only does it reduce the overall quality of the game, but their drive to only push out new content in detriment of the older content, produces obsolescence of a lot of older maps, which in term diminishes the experience of newer players.

Finally, it also breaks one of their earliest promises, that the game, through the down-level mechanics, the reward system and further updates through living world, would keep older content always fresh and viable. This hasn't come to pass since LWS2.

With their blind adherence to the "new map, new story, new achievements, new collection" structure, they've lost one of the greatest experiences of Guild Wars 2, watching the world change, and revisiting old areas under a new light.

My best memories of GW2 were watching the Mad King burst from the lion fountain, braving the Southsun Cove and settling the camps there. I didn't help defend LA, but that was probably one of the most epic parts of the game, seeing it rebuilt, even with it's "themepark" look, and exploring it again, watching the vines grow around the Waypoints, watching them take over areas of the world, those were some of the coolest moments in the game for me, and i'm willing to bet for many others.

In turn, while most of the maps in S3 and S4, while nice, they tend to blur together, maybe with the exception of Bloodstone Fen, because it was the first, had a higher impact, but overall, because of how similar they make the "mechanics" of the release, it tends to make the maps almost forgettable.

And that's my major issue with this, it's not so much about how much the tokens cost, or how hard the Gen I legendaries are to make, it's how these details are only smaller aspects of a larger problem of Arena Net, largely dismissing the core game in favour of a laser focus on the new maps for Living World. I mean, it's a Living World, not a Living Map.