deadeye in raids

czerwoni.9563

> @"Rising Dusk.2408" said:

> Deadeye is worse than Daredevil in every context that matters. Deadeye is technically an improvement over the core D/D power Thief build, but it's still weaker than power Staff Daredevil so it doesn't really matter.

Get out of here with that shit already...

> @czerwoni.9563 said:

> whats a good build for deadeye in raids

>

> i haven't had any luck with raid groups and i enjoy playing thief and scourge, but atm only my thief has zerkers ascended armor and im almost done crafting legendary rifle.

Deadeye probably won't be usable in the current raids, outside of Deimos's ranged strat. Not because the spec is bad, but because people won't actively use it because qntfy or TnT hasn't said anything about it. It is very possible that in the next set of Raids to be released, that the deadeye spec will become useful.

One of the thief builds for Daredevil was actually Trickery D/D, which outdamaged the standard Staff rotation.

It is possible to see how that works with Deadeye. His damage ramps, rather than happens immediately - but it works for all weapons. Plus shadow flare at 7 malice puts in a lot of work. Grab either Grievers, or Zerks. If you are zerks you'd probably want your elite skill to be Thieve's Guild or bask. If you are Grievers, you'd probably want your elite skill to be daggerstorm.

If you are a char... maybe Mortar strike? 15 blasts at 905 base damage each and it covers a large hitbox. Combined with 21% damage from malice... I'd wager it'd hurt more than what Ele can do with one aoe.

Rifle, for balance purposes should and needs to be dead in raids as long as Anet refuses to split skills. Real competitive raid damage from rifle at 1500 range and on a class with mobility and stealth would break PvP and WvW. Other weapon sets should be perfectly viable.

Deadeye currently has issues with being clunky yet if it hits is easily able to oneshot almost any build in the game from stealth and range. This is going to have to be fixed before deadeye damage can be buffed.

The main disadvantage of deadeye vs daredevil is that it doesn't have the cleave of staff nor the mobility of daredevil. Daredevil's mobility allows them to handle mechanics with ease, and cleave is relevant in several boss fights where your dagger's 2 target limit and backstab only hitting one target inhibits the build.

It's why I hate anet tying weapons to elite specs. Some core classes are INCOMPLETE, and HoT elite spec weapons fixed some of those holes and now it's hard to go back to those holes.

For example, thief gained cleave with power staff for power builds. Necro dps may be bad, but for power builds it is undeniable greatsword is far and beyond their best weapon and won't cease to be.

> @Enigmoid.1264 said:

> Rifle, for balance purposes should and needs to be dead in raids as long as Anet refuses to split skills. Real competitive raid damage from rifle at 1500 range and on a class with mobility and stealth would break PvP and WvW. Other weapon sets should be perfectly viable.

>

> Deadeye currently has issues with being clunky yet if it hits is easily able to oneshot almost any build in the game from stealth and range. This is going to have to be fixed before deadeye damage can be buffed.

Replace rifle by range. All range specs are 100% worthless and it's a damn shame but yes the opposite would completely break WvW.

> @LucianDK.8615 said:

> considering how weak ranged specs tends to be, im fairly suprised they added Deadeye. I think a lot of thieves has become rather disappointed by it. But I hear deadeyes have had success with dual pistols for fast malice stacking.

Well ya deadeye doesn't mean I have to use sniper and with unload replenishing after a full load with critical strikes and rune of rage I reach 25 might pretty quickly and it stays there plus the malice makes it pretty decent in dps

But when I join a group they say no we don't want sniper and I get kicked

> @LucianDK.8615 said:

> considering how weak ranged specs tends to be, im fairly suprised they added Deadeye. I think a lot of thieves has become rather disappointed by it. But I hear deadeyes have had success with dual pistols for fast malice stacking.

But deadeye isn't about going ranged all the time... it's just a bonus that u can use rifle, same thing with daredevil - you don't have to use staff...

> @Aoi.8570 said:

> > @LucianDK.8615 said:

> > considering how weak ranged specs tends to be, im fairly suprised they added Deadeye. I think a lot of thieves has become rather disappointed by it. But I hear deadeyes have had success with dual pistols for fast malice stacking.

>

> But deadeye isn't about going ranged all the time... it's just a bonus that u can use rifle, same thing with daredevil - you don't have to use staff...

>

Thank you like it's what I keep telling people. My friend mains weaver and he uses staff instead of sword. It drives ppl crazy

> @Rennie.6750 said:

> > @Enigmoid.1264 said:

> > Rifle, for balance purposes should and needs to be dead in raids as long as Anet refuses to split skills. Real competitive raid damage from rifle at 1500 range and on a class with mobility and stealth would break PvP and WvW. Other weapon sets should be perfectly viable.

> >

> > Deadeye currently has issues with being clunky yet if it hits is easily able to oneshot almost any build in the game from stealth and range. This is going to have to be fixed before deadeye damage can be buffed.

>

> Replace rifle by range. All range specs are 100% worthless and it's a kitten shame but yes the opposite would completely break WvW.

Um, no? Necromancer uses scepter. Engineer uses pistols. Condi zerker uses longbow. Condi guardian uses scepter, and so does power dragonhunter. Condi mesmer until recently used scepter, and condi ranger used axe and shortbow.

All of them stack in melee range because Anet made boon sharing and healing skills limited by RANGE. Unlike WoW, healing skills are not ranged, targeted (except 2 druid skills). People stack in melee because of combat design limitations.

GW2 is also not like WoW where WoW has debuffs/mechanics that specifically target ranged and melee, and few bosses punish stacking with their mechanics. WoW forces strategic positioning through its debuffs/mechanics. In GW2 you ball up because you can, but if they suddenly designed bosses that punish it, it would change.

> @IllegalChocolate.6938 said:

> *awkwardly raises hand

>

> why is deadeye being compared to daredevil, I thought deadeye was suppose to be compared to other might stackers since that is kinda its main support focus.

>

> guys, you know what would be awesome? if other players could take advantage of the bonus damage from malice.

>

> raid spot guaranteed huehuehue

Soo broken I like it lol

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQRAqa8ankFDFPhNGD+FDsPhldCjPWuL/lbBgEQbqbHsg+BA-jRhSwASU+9U9HA7PMT/QIlgAA-e

My might stacking build

> @Aoi.8570 said:

> > @LucianDK.8615 said:

> > considering how weak ranged specs tends to be, im fairly suprised they added Deadeye. I think a lot of thieves has become rather disappointed by it. But I hear deadeyes have had success with dual pistols for fast malice stacking.

>

> But deadeye isn't about going ranged all the time... it's just a bonus that u can use rifle, same thing with daredevil - you don't have to use staff...

>

Adding onto this. If Deadeye's Peripheral vision was better, he could actually be pretty good at maintaining his own boons and boon sharing with others, which would let him become an awesome DPS Support. I don't understand why the Peripheral vision has such an oddball range limit for buffs. Especially when the Deadeye is able to use a stolen skill twice, and get a two more by burning a cantrip.

But what is interesting is that Deadeye has a a decent CC utility, and a REALLY POWERFUL CC utility. Binding Shadow at zero malice deals 300 defiance bar damage. For each malice the duration is increased by 10%. At max malice of 7 you can get up to 500 Defiance bar damage. To put it in perspective... Basilisk Venom 150 per player, 250 for Knock back in Shadow Gust, 300-500 for Binding Shadow. If deadeye is able to worm its way into the Raid meta, he'd be able to bring quite a bit of utility.

> @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> > @Aoi.8570 said:

> > > @LucianDK.8615 said:

> > > considering how weak ranged specs tends to be, im fairly suprised they added Deadeye. I think a lot of thieves has become rather disappointed by it. But I hear deadeyes have had success with dual pistols for fast malice stacking.

> >

> > But deadeye isn't about going ranged all the time... it's just a bonus that u can use rifle, same thing with daredevil - you don't have to use staff...

> >

>

> Adding onto this. If Deadeye's Peripheral vision was better, he could actually be pretty good at maintaining his own boons and boon sharing with others, which would let him become an awesome DPS Support. I don't understand why the Peripheral vision has such an oddball range limit for buffs. Especially when the Deadeye is able to use a stolen skill twice, and get a two more by burning a cantrip.

>

> But what is interesting is that Deadeye has a a decent CC utility, and a REALLY POWERFUL CC utility. Binding Shadow at zero malice deals 300 defiance bar damage. For each malice the duration is increased by 10%. At max malice of 7 you can get up to 500 Defiance bar damage. To put it in perspective... Basilisk Venom 150 per player, 250 for Knock back in Shadow Gust, 300-500 for Binding Shadow. If deadeye is able to worm its way into the Raid meta, he'd be able to bring quite a bit of utility.

i see similar potential but raids are a meta sheep my way high way mode. people don't welcome new things because they want to farm raids asap and not waste a minute, its a grind fest more than actual enjoyment

> @IllegalChocolate.6938 said:

> *awkwardly raises hand

>

> why is deadeye being compared to daredevil, I thought deadeye was suppose to be compared to other might stackers since that is kinda its main support focus.

Because it does worse damage than a condition PS Warrior, stacks less might overall than a condition PS Warrior, and lacks all of the offensive buffs of a condition PS Warrior (which matters in this case since it's a power build and therefore wants EA). Unfortunately, Deadeye is bad right now.

> @czerwoni.9563 said:

> > @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> > > @Aoi.8570 said:

> > > > @LucianDK.8615 said:

> > > > considering how weak ranged specs tends to be, im fairly suprised they added Deadeye. I think a lot of thieves has become rather disappointed by it. But I hear deadeyes have had success with dual pistols for fast malice stacking.

> > >

> > > But deadeye isn't about going ranged all the time... it's just a bonus that u can use rifle, same thing with daredevil - you don't have to use staff...

> > >

> >

> > Adding onto this. If Deadeye's Peripheral vision was better, he could actually be pretty good at maintaining his own boons and boon sharing with others, which would let him become an awesome DPS Support. I don't understand why the Peripheral vision has such an oddball range limit for buffs. Especially when the Deadeye is able to use a stolen skill twice, and get a two more by burning a cantrip.

> >

> > But what is interesting is that Deadeye has a a decent CC utility, and a REALLY POWERFUL CC utility. Binding Shadow at zero malice deals 300 defiance bar damage. For each malice the duration is increased by 10%. At max malice of 7 you can get up to 500 Defiance bar damage. To put it in perspective... Basilisk Venom 150 per player, 250 for Knock back in Shadow Gust, 300-500 for Binding Shadow. If deadeye is able to worm its way into the Raid meta, he'd be able to bring quite a bit of utility.

>

> i see similar potential but raids are a meta sheep my way high way mode. people don't welcome new things because they want to farm raids asap and not waste a minute, its a grind fest more than actual enjoyment

Sadly this is true unless you make a guild that does not give a fuck about the meta...

> > @IllegalChocolate.6938 said:

> > *awkwardly raises hand

> >

> > why is deadeye being compared to daredevil, I thought deadeye was suppose to be compared to other might stackers since that is kinda its main support focus.

> Because it does worse damage than a condition PS Warrior, stacks less might overall than a condition PS Warrior, and lacks all of the offensive buffs of a condition PS Warrior (which matters in this case since it's a power build and therefore wants EA). Unfortunately, Deadeye is bad right now.

>

Worse damage overtime? Sure. But small fries and players are often killed faster by deadeyes than Daredevils before it matters. They got a lot of burst, but not sustainable DPS. If you are going to say they suck, make sure you clearly state the reason before it turns into a matter of everyone saying the wrong thing and the wrong information becomes fact.

> > @czerwoni.9563 said:

> > > @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> > > > @Aoi.8570 said:

> > > > > @LucianDK.8615 said:

> > > > > considering how weak ranged specs tends to be, im fairly suprised they added Deadeye. I think a lot of thieves has become rather disappointed by it. But I hear deadeyes have had success with dual pistols for fast malice stacking.

> > > >

> > > > But deadeye isn't about going ranged all the time... it's just a bonus that u can use rifle, same thing with daredevil - you don't have to use staff...

> > > >

> > >

> > > Adding onto this. If Deadeye's Peripheral vision was better, he could actually be pretty good at maintaining his own boons and boon sharing with others, which would let him become an awesome DPS Support. I don't understand why the Peripheral vision has such an oddball range limit for buffs. Especially when the Deadeye is able to use a stolen skill twice, and get a two more by burning a cantrip.

> > >

> > > But what is interesting is that Deadeye has a a decent CC utility, and a REALLY POWERFUL CC utility. Binding Shadow at zero malice deals 300 defiance bar damage. For each malice the duration is increased by 10%. At max malice of 7 you can get up to 500 Defiance bar damage. To put it in perspective... Basilisk Venom 150 per player, 250 for Knock back in Shadow Gust, 300-500 for Binding Shadow. If deadeye is able to worm its way into the Raid meta, he'd be able to bring quite a bit of utility.

> >

> > i see similar potential but raids are a meta sheep my way high way mode. people don't welcome new things because they want to farm raids asap and not waste a minute, its a grind fest more than actual enjoyment

>

> Sadly this is true unless you make a guild that does not give a kitten about the meta...

>

>

> > @"Rising Dusk.2408" said:

> > > @IllegalChocolate.6938 said:

> > > *awkwardly raises hand

> > >

> > > why is deadeye being compared to daredevil, I thought deadeye was suppose to be compared to other might stackers since that is kinda its main support focus.

> > Because it does worse damage than a condition PS Warrior, stacks less might overall than a condition PS Warrior, and lacks all of the offensive buffs of a condition PS Warrior (which matters in this case since it's a power build and therefore wants EA). Unfortunately, Deadeye is bad right now.

> >

>

> Worse damage overtime? Sure. But small fries and players are often killed faster by deadeyes than Daredevils before it matters. They got a lot of burst, but not sustainable DPS. If you are going to say they suck, make sure you clearly state the reason before it turns into a matter of everyone saying the wrong thing and the wrong information becomes fact.

exactly like im doing map completion started at 10% and in a week of casual play i got to 40%, all i have to do is F1F233F1F233 and most mobs die with pistol pistol. plus mounts help a lot

Idk.

I've been playing around with an idea recently and I've yet to be able to test with my static.

I was thinking that maybe you could get rid of the second ps warrior and replace the group 1 ps war with a dps warrior that brings both banners, since the utility skills make for minimal dps gain on the dps warrior varient.

From that you could run a d/d dead eye to might stack, since it can easily upkeep 25 might on -10- players while maintaining respectable dps.

And when considered in a real raid environment, its rotation is almost literally nothing but auto attacks, its very very easy to reach that 28k benchmark.

The only thing is that i don't know if the slight drop in theoretical dps from the second ps war will be outweighed by the increase in dps from the group 1 (now dps) war. EA also i don't think will be that important due to our comp basically running Condi for every boss except KC.

> @Ertrak.9506 said:

> Idk.

>

> I've been playing around with an idea recently and I've yet to be able to test with my static.

>

> I was thinking that maybe you could get rid of the second ps warrior and replace the group 1 ps war with a dps warrior that brings both banners, since the utility skills make for minimal dps gain on the dps warrior varient.

>

> From that you could run a d/d dead eye to might stack, since it can easily upkeep 25 might on -10- players while maintaining respectable dps.

>

> And when considered in a real raid environment, its rotation is almost literally nothing but auto attacks, its very very easy to reach that 28k benchmark.

>

> The only thing is that i don't know if the slight drop in theoretical dps from the second ps war will be outweighed by the increase in dps from the group 1 (now dps) war. EA also i don't think will be that important due to our comp basically running Condi for every boss except KC.

p/p deadeye is also good because you can get initiative back if its fully unloaded, when i fight bosses in pve with randoms for hero points i manage to stay on unload for most of the battle lol with 25 stacks of might and full malice

> Worse damage overtime? Sure. But small fries and players are often killed faster by deadeyes than Daredevils before it matters. They got a lot of burst, but not sustainable DPS. If you are going to say they suck, make sure you clearly state the reason before it turns into a matter of everyone saying the wrong thing and the wrong information becomes fact.

Staff Daredevil has much better burst than Deadeye (on the order of 95k burst _cleave_ dps) for weak mobs. I get it guys, you really want to believe that the Deadeye is good—I have 2000 hours on my Thief, I want it to be good too—but just wanting it badly enough doesn't make it happen. As always, if you just want to _win_, you can beat content with whatever class setup you want. If you want to organize at the top end of PvE, however, which a large portion of this discussion is considering (see the name of this forum), then Deadeye has no place there.

> > @IllegalChocolate.6938 said:

> > *awkwardly raises hand

> >

> > why is deadeye being compared to daredevil, I thought deadeye was suppose to be compared to other might stackers since that is kinda its main support focus.

> Because it does worse damage than a condition PS Warrior, stacks less might overall than a condition PS Warrior, and lacks all of the offensive buffs of a condition PS Warrior (which matters in this case since it's a power build and therefore wants EA). Unfortunately, Deadeye is bad right now.

>

Okay? still doesn't explain the daredevil comparison. If DeadEye did more damage than daredevil then, what would be the point of bringing daredevil? it would be obsolete. Can you imagine if Dead Eye could do more damage than daredevil WHILE stacking might? if that's not power creep then I don't know what is. Dead Eye has the potential to bring in some powerful group support if only some small changes were made, namely allowing allies to take advantage of the malice damage increase. Now we've got some solid profession defining group support under the guise of amplifying single target damage against a called target, turning the Dead Eye into essentially a legit spotter akin to shooters.

All it needs is some minor adjustments and it'll be exceptional support.