Signet of Midnight Should be Nerfed

Waffler.1257

> @"Erzian.5218" said:

> The increase is only 18 % if you have a total of 1000 power, which is almost never the case. That is why your argument is flawed. If you deal 2050 damage (having a power amulet) per hit and increase that by 180, you do 8.78 % (180/2050) more damage, NOT 18 %. I fail to understand why it's so hard to grasp that. That is not nitpicking, but just basic math.

I like cupcakes.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > > > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > > Yes I'm sure that that 8% extra condition duration is what's really giving condi Mirage the edge in a fight. This is clearly not pointless nitpicking at anything Mesmer or probably more accurately Mirage purely out of spite.

> > >

> > > Does it matter what his reason for pointing this out is? He is right none the less.

> >

> > Because what actually is the point of changing it, a self righteous sense of parity? Cleanses are just as over the top as the confusion burst on Mirage so it's not about the attrition fight and I don't think an extra .36 vs. .6 extra seconds of confusion is what the problem is either. As mentioned by Otto it's purely a PvE based nerf.

>

> Then the post should be changed to the mesmer forum. That aside, it still gives an unfair amount of stat bonus compared to other stat increasing signets, hence the original argument to nerf it.

Personally and this is my opinion, they should nerf cleanses before nerfing condies anymore.Cleanses definitely should be nerfed first as condi cleanses are far too prevalent, so i don't want mesmers to get a useless nerf that breaks them in pve.

Second isn't pvp mostly power now? and most classes have multiple cleanses due to the tirade against condi and people crying and QQing.

I think condi mirage shouldn't be nerfed

> @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> Yes I'm sure that that 8% extra condition duration is what's really giving condi Mirage the edge in a fight. This is clearly not pointless nitpicking at anything Mesmer or probably more accurately Mirage purely out of spite.

If you believe that the change would not noticeably impact the effectiveness of condition Mirages, then there should be no objection, especially given that this signet was obviously overlooked when the change from condition duration/boon duration to expertise/concentration was made. Regarding nitpicking numbers, part of good balance in a mmo should in part involve striving for quantitative parity between skills and classes. This is why, for example, all 4-stat amulets provide the same number of total stats despite providing vastly different functionality. Furthermore, it is also clear that Anet agrees with this philosophy of balance by observing past balance changes that they have made. For example, in the March 23, 2018 patch notes they nerfed a number of auto-proc skills in an effort to promote more active game-play by increasing the internal cool-down to a standardized 90 seconds. Among the skills nerfed was Reaper’s Protection, a trait that was never meta in PvP or WvW or any area of the game really; in fact the entire Death Magic trait line was rarely if ever taken. Nevertheless, its ICD was still changed to 90 seconds because it was a skill that auto-procced on stun, and thus it was nerfed for the sake of quantitative parity between skills that behave in a similar manner across classes. Lastly, if you would like to make the argument that Anet should purposefully leave the game less balanced at the risk of appearing to be too nitpicky, you are welcome to do so, but I do not think you will have very many people agreeing with you. :)

> @"Waffler.1257" said:

> > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > Yes I'm sure that that 8% extra condition duration is what's really giving condi Mirage the edge in a fight. This is clearly not pointless nitpicking at anything Mesmer or probably more accurately Mirage purely out of spite.

>

> If you believe that the change would not noticeably impact the effectiveness of condition Mirages, then there should be no objection, especially given that this signet was obviously overlooked when the change from condition duration/boon duration to expertise/concentration was made. Regarding nitpicking numbers, part of good balance in a mmo should in part involve striving for quantitative parity between skills and classes. This is why, for example, all 4-stat amulets provide the same number of total stats despite providing vastly different functionality. Furthermore, it is also clear that Anet agrees with this philosophy of balance by observing past balance changes that they have made. For example, in the March 23, 2018 patch notes they nerfed a number of auto-proc skills in an effort to promote more active game-play by increasing the internal cool-down to a standardized 90 seconds. Among the skills nerfed was Reaper’s Protection, a trait that was never meta in PvP or WvW or any area of the game really; in fact the entire Death Magic trait line was rarely if ever taken. Nevertheless, its ICD was still changed to 90 seconds because it was a skill that auto-procced on stun, and thus it was nerfed for the sake of quantitative parity between skills that behave in a similar manner across classes. Lastly, if you would like to make the argument that Anet should purposefully leave the game less balanced at the risk of appearing to be too nitpicky, you are welcome to do so, but I do not think you will have very many people agreeing with you. :)

There wasn't an overarching change from Condition/Boon Duration to Expertise/Concentration across the board aside from player stats available on equipment. And it wasn't even a change from one to another all they did was add in Expertise and Concentration, there's a plethora of traits, skill, and runes that still just use flat duration. So unless you convert every single one of them there won't ever actually be your precious equal numbers. You don't seem to be getting the concept that equal numbers != balance. Auto proc stun breaks are not remotely the same as mild stat boosts, a mild stat boost is not going to prevent you from dying. If you want to make the argument that less people are going to agree with me you're just as blind as you seem.