Outfit rotation?

Tiger.8145

I'm a returning player from season 1. Just bought both expansions to play with some rl friends. Was going to drop some money on gems to server transfer since they chose differently starting, and I'd like to buy an outfit as well. Specifically the 'ghostly outfit' but I was curious to know how often outfits rotate. I'm hoping with Halloween coming up we might see it, but I was wondering if there was a way to know ahead of time or when it last showed on the market. Are there any other ways to obtain outfits? Or should I not be holding my breath?

Firstly there's no need to pay for a server transfer unless your friends are in a different region (NA or EU) or you want to play World vs. World together. A few years ago they introduced the mega-server system where maps are shared between all servers in a region. If you and your friend are in the same location in the game world and you can't see each other all you need to do is form a party (right click their name in chat or your friend list and select 'Invite to party') and then one of you right click the other person's picture in the party menu and select 'join in [map name]' to move to the same copy of the map.

Secondly there's no set schedule for outfits in the gem store, but you're right that the Ghostly outfit is highly likely to come back at some point soon for Halloween. There's no way to say exactly when - it might be before the Halloween festival starts or afterwards. Best to keep checking in game or in this topic: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/458/news-gemstore-items-new-returned-sales/p10