Hybrid Firebrand with grieving stats?

Skywalker V.4067

Couldnt find a post/discussion that talked or mentioned it, if you find/know about one please let me know.

The tought i had when i saw the Power/Precision/Ferocity/Condition damage combination (grieving), being a guardian main that played the demos (didnt get Path of Fire yet), was that since Firebrand's only threatning/effective condition is burning (like the Fire in Firebrand implies) maybe using grieving stats with runes/sigils and food to increase burn duration to 100% could make for a descent build, here's what i came up with after a few minutes:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNArfRlsAhmhY5QwQIQQELxD2eM9m2Tt2AvgIVVAYLVvA-jxhAQBA4JAAj9H4q6PmV5nAOFArVJoU1HEA4A48m38zDc+5nf+5nXzP/8zP/8zP/8zLFAPbtA-

Again, just a tought i had. Maybe firebrand changed quite a bit from the demos, or i just didnt use it for long enough. I might have just wasted time/effort, especially if someone already had this idea and i was too stoohpid to find it.Also, not experienced forum-er (new word created?) kinda hoping i didnt step into a den full of angry, bloodthristy,red eyed wolfs with swords in their mouths.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and let me know your toughts.

Drop the GS since it is a power weapon (I know, it feels weird not to use a GS with guardian). Also, use more mantras, especially the heal since Balthy runes do burning once you use a heal skill and with mantras you will have a bigger uptime of the 6th line. Other mantras to consider are the burning one and quickness/might one. Replace Bane signet with Signet of Wrath and there you go, ready to melt faces!

Have fun.

Firebrand just got nerfed hard today and that video is now outdated. If QT was using mostly grieving gear then, they won't be anymore because the expertise from viper is much more important to our burn duration. I need to run parses myself as I still think there is room to min max for some Grieve gear but honestly? We are just talking min maxing now and a full set of viper will not make much difference.

> @Hanth.2978 said:

> If QT was using mostly grieving gear then, they won't be anymore because the expertise from viper is much more important to our burn duration.

They were running full Grieving (well, handful of sinister pieces if I recall correctly) and capping burn duration from Balth Rune set + Smoldering Sigil + Firemeat Chili. This gives you burn duration cap with the Radiance trait. If anything, the change they made has made Grieving gear an even better choice than before.

> @Hanth.2978 said:

> Firebrand just got nerfed hard today and that video is now outdated. If QT was using mostly grieving gear then, they won't be anymore because the expertise from viper is much more important to our burn duration. I need to run parses myself as I still think there is room to min max for some Grieve gear but honestly? We are just talking min maxing now and a full set of viper will not make much difference.

Even bringing up the notion of viper's gear shows extreme amounts of ignorance. Why people like you even post is beyond me.

> @Thz.7569 said:

> > @Hanth.2978 said:

> > Firebrand just got nerfed hard today and that video is now outdated. If QT was using mostly grieving gear then, they won't be anymore because the expertise from viper is much more important to our burn duration. I need to run parses myself as I still think there is room to min max for some Grieve gear but honestly? We are just talking min maxing now and a full set of viper will not make much difference.

>

> Even bringing up the notion of viper's gear shows extreme amounts of ignorance. Why people like you even post is beyond me.

My mistake I did not see they were running Balth runes, I still thought they were running Renegade runes from an earlier QT Firebrand video. I should have looked at the build editor and not assumed :)