PvP is being stressful

zHasgard.9827

> @"steveraptor.9603" said:

> > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > @"Aza.2105" said:

> > > > GW2 is highly polarized. Dodge or Die. If you don't you are dead in a millisecond.

> > >

> > > Dodge and die you mean...

> > >

> > > Cant even rally without instantly going back down without a chance to press a single skill

> >

> > Were you typing when you rallied? If not, you totally can pull off a dodge or even cast a few abilities. Pushing the BS button on this one mate.

> >

> > > @"gw niko.1049" said:

> > > Most of you don´t know how the game was like the first year. You would feel the difference. Todays combat I consider a spamm nothing more.

> > >

> > I have played all six years, engaging in PvP from the start. I didn't like PvP at first. I think they really added some things that helped PvP advance a bit, but they've also neglected it enough to where it's limping along and just needs one good shove to be dead. I personally don't think PvP is a spam-fest, but I respect your opinion there. (I like fast-paced games, and when GW2 launched, it was nothing if not fast-paced).

>

> I played the game since its open beta and been doing plenty of Spvp back in the days.

>

> It was nothing like today. there were no 3-button classes that delete you in 3 seconds, there were no elite specs.

> You had to work for your kills and this is when I had the most of my enjoyment in spvp.

>

> pvp gone to kitten with the introduction of e-specs and some questionable balance decisions by anet.

> "Thoughtful play" was gone out of the window, now you have BS like holos and DEs (Which turned thief players, one of the most reputable PVP classes at the start into 10 iq degenerates that resembles nothing of the skill required to play a thief class).

> Holo...Soul beast..., 3-4 buttons insta gib burst classes...dodge or die...some cases dodge and die.

> Then you have Mirage....

> In addition to this, some classes come with over-tuned healing, some with over-tuned damage, some of them with mobility and some with everything.. the balance is all over the place.

> There was nothing like this in 2012, there was nothing like "bunker" builds or "burst builds" that vaporize you in 3 seconds or annoying kitten like this, the closest thing you had to a "bunker build" was a turret engi....

> There were no passive defenses, you had to play chess with your opponent and use your skills wisely instead of face-slamming the keyboard today and having so many passive defenses that the game plays itself on some classes.

> Fights felt fair, and when you died, it was because you were out-played, not because you got cheesed.

> Look at the meta, its all E-specs everywhere, and nearly all of them have atrocious pvp balance and their mechanics blew everything that was good about spvp apart.

> This was obviously a business strategy by Anet, it is not the first time devs in non-sub MMOs create imbalance on purpose to encourage people to buy expansions, get the E-specs and stay in the meta, trashing nearly all core specs in the process..

> E-specs were designed around PvE and not PvP, its as clear as day, and i truly hope so, because otherwise this means that anet pvp devs have no idea what they are doing.

>

> This is a point of no return now, Anet will never dramatically overhaul E-specs or change them, they went down this idiotic road and thats what we have today and will continue to have for the years to come, sadly.

>

Please tell me more about the three buttons a Holosmith uses to kill somebody who knows what a holo is.

That’s just L2P, sorry mate.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > @"steveraptor.9603" said:

> > > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > @"Aza.2105" said:

> > > > > GW2 is highly polarized. Dodge or Die. If you don't you are dead in a millisecond.

> > > >

> > > > Dodge and die you mean...

> > > >

> > > > Cant even rally without instantly going back down without a chance to press a single skill

> > >

> > > Were you typing when you rallied? If not, you totally can pull off a dodge or even cast a few abilities. Pushing the BS button on this one mate.

> > >

> > > > @"gw niko.1049" said:

> > > > Most of you don´t know how the game was like the first year. You would feel the difference. Todays combat I consider a spamm nothing more.

> > > >

> > > I have played all six years, engaging in PvP from the start. I didn't like PvP at first. I think they really added some things that helped PvP advance a bit, but they've also neglected it enough to where it's limping along and just needs one good shove to be dead. I personally don't think PvP is a spam-fest, but I respect your opinion there. (I like fast-paced games, and when GW2 launched, it was nothing if not fast-paced).

> >

> > I played the game since its open beta and been doing plenty of Spvp back in the days.

> >

> > It was nothing like today. there were no 3-button classes that delete you in 3 seconds, there were no elite specs.

> > You had to work for your kills and this is when I had the most of my enjoyment in spvp.

> >

> > pvp gone to kitten with the introduction of e-specs and some questionable balance decisions by anet.

> > "Thoughtful play" was gone out of the window, now you have BS like holos and DEs (Which turned thief players, one of the most reputable PVP classes at the start into 10 iq degenerates that resembles nothing of the skill required to play a thief class).

> > Holo...Soul beast..., 3-4 buttons insta gib burst classes...dodge or die...some cases dodge and die.

> > Then you have Mirage....

> > In addition to this, some classes come with over-tuned healing, some with over-tuned damage, some of them with mobility and some with everything.. the balance is all over the place.

> > There was nothing like this in 2012, there was nothing like "bunker" builds or "burst builds" that vaporize you in 3 seconds or annoying kitten like this, the closest thing you had to a "bunker build" was a turret engi....

> > There were no passive defenses, you had to play chess with your opponent and use your skills wisely instead of face-slamming the keyboard today and having so many passive defenses that the game plays itself on some classes.

> > Fights felt fair, and when you died, it was because you were out-played, not because you got cheesed.

> > Look at the meta, its all E-specs everywhere, and nearly all of them have atrocious pvp balance and their mechanics blew everything that was good about spvp apart.

> > This was obviously a business strategy by Anet, it is not the first time devs in non-sub MMOs create imbalance on purpose to encourage people to buy expansions, get the E-specs and stay in the meta, trashing nearly all core specs in the process..

> > E-specs were designed around PvE and not PvP, its as clear as day, and i truly hope so, because otherwise this means that anet pvp devs have no idea what they are doing.

> >

> > This is a point of no return now, Anet will never dramatically overhaul E-specs or change them, they went down this idiotic road and thats what we have today and will continue to have for the years to come, sadly.

> >

>

> Please tell me more about the three buttons a Holosmith uses to kill somebody who knows what a holo is.

>

> That’s just L2P, sorry mate.

Congratulations on successfully ignoring his whole point and premise just to say that...

It is funny you say learn to play when he basically said you dont have too with elite specs due to the nature of core specs being more about skillful play rather than button mashing.

So you shoulda said L2buttonmash better

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > @"steveraptor.9603" said:

> > > > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > @"Aza.2105" said:

> > > > > > GW2 is highly polarized. Dodge or Die. If you don't you are dead in a millisecond.

> > > > >

> > > > > Dodge and die you mean...

> > > > >

> > > > > Cant even rally without instantly going back down without a chance to press a single skill

> > > >

> > > > Were you typing when you rallied? If not, you totally can pull off a dodge or even cast a few abilities. Pushing the BS button on this one mate.

> > > >

> > > > > @"gw niko.1049" said:

> > > > > Most of you don´t know how the game was like the first year. You would feel the difference. Todays combat I consider a spamm nothing more.

> > > > >

> > > > I have played all six years, engaging in PvP from the start. I didn't like PvP at first. I think they really added some things that helped PvP advance a bit, but they've also neglected it enough to where it's limping along and just needs one good shove to be dead. I personally don't think PvP is a spam-fest, but I respect your opinion there. (I like fast-paced games, and when GW2 launched, it was nothing if not fast-paced).

> > >

> > > I played the game since its open beta and been doing plenty of Spvp back in the days.

> > >

> > > It was nothing like today. there were no 3-button classes that delete you in 3 seconds, there were no elite specs.

> > > You had to work for your kills and this is when I had the most of my enjoyment in spvp.

> > >

> > > pvp gone to kitten with the introduction of e-specs and some questionable balance decisions by anet.

> > > "Thoughtful play" was gone out of the window, now you have BS like holos and DEs (Which turned thief players, one of the most reputable PVP classes at the start into 10 iq degenerates that resembles nothing of the skill required to play a thief class).

> > > Holo...Soul beast..., 3-4 buttons insta gib burst classes...dodge or die...some cases dodge and die.

> > > Then you have Mirage....

> > > In addition to this, some classes come with over-tuned healing, some with over-tuned damage, some of them with mobility and some with everything.. the balance is all over the place.

> > > There was nothing like this in 2012, there was nothing like "bunker" builds or "burst builds" that vaporize you in 3 seconds or annoying kitten like this, the closest thing you had to a "bunker build" was a turret engi....

> > > There were no passive defenses, you had to play chess with your opponent and use your skills wisely instead of face-slamming the keyboard today and having so many passive defenses that the game plays itself on some classes.

> > > Fights felt fair, and when you died, it was because you were out-played, not because you got cheesed.

> > > Look at the meta, its all E-specs everywhere, and nearly all of them have atrocious pvp balance and their mechanics blew everything that was good about spvp apart.

> > > This was obviously a business strategy by Anet, it is not the first time devs in non-sub MMOs create imbalance on purpose to encourage people to buy expansions, get the E-specs and stay in the meta, trashing nearly all core specs in the process..

> > > E-specs were designed around PvE and not PvP, its as clear as day, and i truly hope so, because otherwise this means that anet pvp devs have no idea what they are doing.

> > >

> > > This is a point of no return now, Anet will never dramatically overhaul E-specs or change them, they went down this idiotic road and thats what we have today and will continue to have for the years to come, sadly.

> > >

> >

> > Please tell me more about the three buttons a Holosmith uses to kill somebody who knows what a holo is.

> >

> > That’s just L2P, sorry mate.

>

> Congratulations on successfully ignoring his whole point and premise just to say that...

>

> It is funny you say learn to play when he basically said you dont have too with elite specs due to the nature of core specs being more about skillful play rather than button mashing.

>

> So you shoulda said L2buttonmash better

Dude I like you but I shouldn’t need to read 14 paragraphs to get the picture.

I also don’t agree with his point that elite specs are the issue. There’s small balance problems here and there but overall, the game is fairly balanced. Mirages included. Anybody who says Holo is a 1-hit class is inexperienced.

Anybody who says it needs shaves is correct, but at least realize why, which isn’t because of their 1v1 potential, it’s because of their ability to do all roles well. I could provide a list of shaves, but none address the “1-hit” or “3-hit” or whatever the cool kids are calling it today, because holo doesn’t do that lol.

Edit: this comment brought to you by somebody who played from release.

> @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > @"steveraptor.9603" said:

> > > > > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > > @"Aza.2105" said:

> > > > > > > GW2 is highly polarized. Dodge or Die. If you don't you are dead in a millisecond.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Dodge and die you mean...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Cant even rally without instantly going back down without a chance to press a single skill

> > > > >

> > > > > Were you typing when you rallied? If not, you totally can pull off a dodge or even cast a few abilities. Pushing the BS button on this one mate.

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"gw niko.1049" said:

> > > > > > Most of you don´t know how the game was like the first year. You would feel the difference. Todays combat I consider a spamm nothing more.

> > > > > >

> > > > > I have played all six years, engaging in PvP from the start. I didn't like PvP at first. I think they really added some things that helped PvP advance a bit, but they've also neglected it enough to where it's limping along and just needs one good shove to be dead. I personally don't think PvP is a spam-fest, but I respect your opinion there. (I like fast-paced games, and when GW2 launched, it was nothing if not fast-paced).

> > > >

> > > > I played the game since its open beta and been doing plenty of Spvp back in the days.

> > > >

> > > > It was nothing like today. there were no 3-button classes that delete you in 3 seconds, there were no elite specs.

> > > > You had to work for your kills and this is when I had the most of my enjoyment in spvp.

> > > >

> > > > pvp gone to kitten with the introduction of e-specs and some questionable balance decisions by anet.

> > > > "Thoughtful play" was gone out of the window, now you have BS like holos and DEs (Which turned thief players, one of the most reputable PVP classes at the start into 10 iq degenerates that resembles nothing of the skill required to play a thief class).

> > > > Holo...Soul beast..., 3-4 buttons insta gib burst classes...dodge or die...some cases dodge and die.

> > > > Then you have Mirage....

> > > > In addition to this, some classes come with over-tuned healing, some with over-tuned damage, some of them with mobility and some with everything.. the balance is all over the place.

> > > > There was nothing like this in 2012, there was nothing like "bunker" builds or "burst builds" that vaporize you in 3 seconds or annoying kitten like this, the closest thing you had to a "bunker build" was a turret engi....

> > > > There were no passive defenses, you had to play chess with your opponent and use your skills wisely instead of face-slamming the keyboard today and having so many passive defenses that the game plays itself on some classes.

> > > > Fights felt fair, and when you died, it was because you were out-played, not because you got cheesed.

> > > > Look at the meta, its all E-specs everywhere, and nearly all of them have atrocious pvp balance and their mechanics blew everything that was good about spvp apart.

> > > > This was obviously a business strategy by Anet, it is not the first time devs in non-sub MMOs create imbalance on purpose to encourage people to buy expansions, get the E-specs and stay in the meta, trashing nearly all core specs in the process..

> > > > E-specs were designed around PvE and not PvP, its as clear as day, and i truly hope so, because otherwise this means that anet pvp devs have no idea what they are doing.

> > > >

> > > > This is a point of no return now, Anet will never dramatically overhaul E-specs or change them, they went down this idiotic road and thats what we have today and will continue to have for the years to come, sadly.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Please tell me more about the three buttons a Holosmith uses to kill somebody who knows what a holo is.

> > >

> > > That’s just L2P, sorry mate.

> >

> > Congratulations on successfully ignoring his whole point and premise just to say that...

> >

> > It is funny you say learn to play when he basically said you dont have too with elite specs due to the nature of core specs being more about skillful play rather than button mashing.

> >

> > So you shoulda said L2buttonmash better

>

> Dude I like you but I shouldn’t need to read 14 paragraphs to get the picture.

>

> I also don’t agree with his point that elite specs are the issue. There’s small balance problems here and there but overall, the game is fairly balanced. Mirages included. Anybody who says Holo is a 1-hit class is inexperienced.

>

> Anybody who says it needs shaves is correct, but at least realize why, which isn’t because of their 1v1 potential, it’s because of their ability to do all roles well. I could provide a list of shaves, but none address the “1-hit” or “3-hit” or whatever the cool kids are calling it today, because holo doesn’t do that lol.

>

> Edit: this comment brought to you by somebody who played from release.

Theres a 1 hit build for holo but its as useful as a zerker staff elementalist lol

Btw im not agreeing or disagreeing with either of you, my earlier comment was a really bad joke if anything ?

> > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > > > @"steveraptor.9603" said:

> > > > > > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Aza.2105" said:

> > > > > > > > GW2 is highly polarized. Dodge or Die. If you don't you are dead in a millisecond.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Dodge and die you mean...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Cant even rally without instantly going back down without a chance to press a single skill

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Were you typing when you rallied? If not, you totally can pull off a dodge or even cast a few abilities. Pushing the BS button on this one mate.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > @"gw niko.1049" said:

> > > > > > > Most of you don´t know how the game was like the first year. You would feel the difference. Todays combat I consider a spamm nothing more.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > I have played all six years, engaging in PvP from the start. I didn't like PvP at first. I think they really added some things that helped PvP advance a bit, but they've also neglected it enough to where it's limping along and just needs one good shove to be dead. I personally don't think PvP is a spam-fest, but I respect your opinion there. (I like fast-paced games, and when GW2 launched, it was nothing if not fast-paced).

> > > > >

> > > > > I played the game since its open beta and been doing plenty of Spvp back in the days.

> > > > >

> > > > > It was nothing like today. there were no 3-button classes that delete you in 3 seconds, there were no elite specs.

> > > > > You had to work for your kills and this is when I had the most of my enjoyment in spvp.

> > > > >

> > > > > pvp gone to kitten with the introduction of e-specs and some questionable balance decisions by anet.

> > > > > "Thoughtful play" was gone out of the window, now you have BS like holos and DEs (Which turned thief players, one of the most reputable PVP classes at the start into 10 iq degenerates that resembles nothing of the skill required to play a thief class).

> > > > > Holo...Soul beast..., 3-4 buttons insta gib burst classes...dodge or die...some cases dodge and die.

> > > > > Then you have Mirage....

> > > > > In addition to this, some classes come with over-tuned healing, some with over-tuned damage, some of them with mobility and some with everything.. the balance is all over the place.

> > > > > There was nothing like this in 2012, there was nothing like "bunker" builds or "burst builds" that vaporize you in 3 seconds or annoying kitten like this, the closest thing you had to a "bunker build" was a turret engi....

> > > > > There were no passive defenses, you had to play chess with your opponent and use your skills wisely instead of face-slamming the keyboard today and having so many passive defenses that the game plays itself on some classes.

> > > > > Fights felt fair, and when you died, it was because you were out-played, not because you got cheesed.

> > > > > Look at the meta, its all E-specs everywhere, and nearly all of them have atrocious pvp balance and their mechanics blew everything that was good about spvp apart.

> > > > > This was obviously a business strategy by Anet, it is not the first time devs in non-sub MMOs create imbalance on purpose to encourage people to buy expansions, get the E-specs and stay in the meta, trashing nearly all core specs in the process..

> > > > > E-specs were designed around PvE and not PvP, its as clear as day, and i truly hope so, because otherwise this means that anet pvp devs have no idea what they are doing.

> > > > >

> > > > > This is a point of no return now, Anet will never dramatically overhaul E-specs or change them, they went down this idiotic road and thats what we have today and will continue to have for the years to come, sadly.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Please tell me more about the three buttons a Holosmith uses to kill somebody who knows what a holo is.

> > > >

> > > > That’s just L2P, sorry mate.

> > >

> > > Congratulations on successfully ignoring his whole point and premise just to say that...

> > >

> > > It is funny you say learn to play when he basically said you dont have too with elite specs due to the nature of core specs being more about skillful play rather than button mashing.

> > >

> > > So you shoulda said L2buttonmash better

> >

> > Dude I like you but I shouldn’t need to read 14 paragraphs to get the picture.

> >

> > I also don’t agree with his point that elite specs are the issue. There’s small balance problems here and there but overall, the game is fairly balanced. Mirages included. Anybody who says Holo is a 1-hit class is inexperienced.

> >

> > Anybody who says it needs shaves is correct, but at least realize why, which isn’t because of their 1v1 potential, it’s because of their ability to do all roles well. I could provide a list of shaves, but none address the “1-hit” or “3-hit” or whatever the cool kids are calling it today, because holo doesn’t do that lol.

> >

> > Edit: this comment brought to you by somebody who played from release.

>

> Theres a 1 hit build for holo but its as useful as a zerker staff elementalist lol

>

> Btw im not agreeing or disagreeing with either of you, my earlier comment was a really bad joke if anything ?

I’m wondering if we’re thinking of the same build lol. What one are you referencing?

The gamemode is stressful because you have zero clue how your teammates are, if they have knowledge of PvP or not.

Yesterday I won a game and I had in my team a full zerk oneshot scrapper and a condi Berserker, and the enemy team was meta holo, spellbreaker, mirage.

But my teammates were actually skilled players who rotated perfectly we owned the enemy team (btw it was low plat, but still plat ranking).

So it's not much about profession balance, but in soloq it's a roulette, of getting good or bad teammates.

> @"steveraptor.9603"

> @"Diesel Stelar.3709"

Thank you. It´s exacly like you say.

I don´t know if people who didn´t play the game back then could even know how it realy should be and how trashy it is today.

> @"Peutrifectus.4830" said:

Yes it was a totally different game back then.

I made a own post about this problem. Watch it out if you want. But it´s already been forgotten I think.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/57860/the-fundamental-problem-in-pvp-combat#latest

But > @"steveraptor.9603" already told. It will probably not change anymore. Anet has taken this path of a casually play-along pvp combat and with the elit-specs there is probably no way they are even willing to change this now.

> @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > @"steveraptor.9603" said:

> > > > > > > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > > > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Aza.2105" said:

> > > > > > > > > GW2 is highly polarized. Dodge or Die. If you don't you are dead in a millisecond.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Dodge and die you mean...

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Cant even rally without instantly going back down without a chance to press a single skill

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Were you typing when you rallied? If not, you totally can pull off a dodge or even cast a few abilities. Pushing the BS button on this one mate.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > @"gw niko.1049" said:

> > > > > > > > Most of you don´t know how the game was like the first year. You would feel the difference. Todays combat I consider a spamm nothing more.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I have played all six years, engaging in PvP from the start. I didn't like PvP at first. I think they really added some things that helped PvP advance a bit, but they've also neglected it enough to where it's limping along and just needs one good shove to be dead. I personally don't think PvP is a spam-fest, but I respect your opinion there. (I like fast-paced games, and when GW2 launched, it was nothing if not fast-paced).

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I played the game since its open beta and been doing plenty of Spvp back in the days.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It was nothing like today. there were no 3-button classes that delete you in 3 seconds, there were no elite specs.

> > > > > > You had to work for your kills and this is when I had the most of my enjoyment in spvp.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > pvp gone to kitten with the introduction of e-specs and some questionable balance decisions by anet.

> > > > > > "Thoughtful play" was gone out of the window, now you have BS like holos and DEs (Which turned thief players, one of the most reputable PVP classes at the start into 10 iq degenerates that resembles nothing of the skill required to play a thief class).

> > > > > > Holo...Soul beast..., 3-4 buttons insta gib burst classes...dodge or die...some cases dodge and die.

> > > > > > Then you have Mirage....

> > > > > > In addition to this, some classes come with over-tuned healing, some with over-tuned damage, some of them with mobility and some with everything.. the balance is all over the place.

> > > > > > There was nothing like this in 2012, there was nothing like "bunker" builds or "burst builds" that vaporize you in 3 seconds or annoying kitten like this, the closest thing you had to a "bunker build" was a turret engi....

> > > > > > There were no passive defenses, you had to play chess with your opponent and use your skills wisely instead of face-slamming the keyboard today and having so many passive defenses that the game plays itself on some classes.

> > > > > > Fights felt fair, and when you died, it was because you were out-played, not because you got cheesed.

> > > > > > Look at the meta, its all E-specs everywhere, and nearly all of them have atrocious pvp balance and their mechanics blew everything that was good about spvp apart.

> > > > > > This was obviously a business strategy by Anet, it is not the first time devs in non-sub MMOs create imbalance on purpose to encourage people to buy expansions, get the E-specs and stay in the meta, trashing nearly all core specs in the process..

> > > > > > E-specs were designed around PvE and not PvP, its as clear as day, and i truly hope so, because otherwise this means that anet pvp devs have no idea what they are doing.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > This is a point of no return now, Anet will never dramatically overhaul E-specs or change them, they went down this idiotic road and thats what we have today and will continue to have for the years to come, sadly.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Please tell me more about the three buttons a Holosmith uses to kill somebody who knows what a holo is.

> > > > >

> > > > > That’s just L2P, sorry mate.

> > > >

> > > > Congratulations on successfully ignoring his whole point and premise just to say that...

> > > >

> > > > It is funny you say learn to play when he basically said you dont have too with elite specs due to the nature of core specs being more about skillful play rather than button mashing.

> > > >

> > > > So you shoulda said L2buttonmash better

> > >

> > > Dude I like you but I shouldn’t need to read 14 paragraphs to get the picture.

> > >

> > > I also don’t agree with his point that elite specs are the issue. There’s small balance problems here and there but overall, the game is fairly balanced. Mirages included. Anybody who says Holo is a 1-hit class is inexperienced.

> > >

> > > Anybody who says it needs shaves is correct, but at least realize why, which isn’t because of their 1v1 potential, it’s because of their ability to do all roles well. I could provide a list of shaves, but none address the “1-hit” or “3-hit” or whatever the cool kids are calling it today, because holo doesn’t do that lol.

> > >

> > > Edit: this comment brought to you by somebody who played from release.

> >

> > Theres a 1 hit build for holo but its as useful as a zerker staff elementalist lol

> >

> > Btw im not agreeing or disagreeing with either of you, my earlier comment was a really bad joke if anything ?

>

> I’m wondering if we’re thinking of the same build lol. What one are you referencing?

I didn't know there were others or more or ones known about about but I use Photonic Blasting Module on a Berserker build with Rifle and Elixir S...

Basically just preheat myself before a fight then Toss Elixir S > HoloGraphic ShockWave > Jump Shot so I take off and land on them. if it's a scourge I'm fighting or need to get in the middle of a lot of AoE then instead of Jump Shot I use Elixir S for a safe nuke delivery then either jump shot out or on them depending on how useful I was.

The build I play is a 1 trick pony, once people see through it and show any signs of focus then I sorta just crumble like a zerker staff ele lmao

> @"Peutrifectus.4830" said:

> I was watching some 2014 PvP videos last night....

>

> struggling to find the words I want...

>

> It looked fun.

> You could see and appreciate the counterplays.

> It looked fun.

> 5 man team que... they were laughing with their friends. Not typing kitten in caps.

> It looked fun.

> .....

> Fun.

>

> Where did that bit go?

Fun left with team queue when people decided personal rank was more important. Fun will return with Swiss and more frequent At's hopefully, I wasn't a leaderboard player, but it was just fun beating other guilds with your own guild because "Guild Wars" are fun.

> @"Rufo.3716" said:

> In order to get balance right they would need a team that focuses on only balancing the professions. They don't even share proposed changes with the community for feedback. DAoC, one of the hardest games to balance, did a pretty good job of keeping balance, and fixing things that got out of hand. This game they do things and you are just left scratching your head as to what the hell they could have possibly been thinking.

>

> Maybe we should all ban together and take a week where they can see empty servers. Maybe then and only then, will they get a clue that something needs to be done differently.

DAOC was a completely different kind of game.

There was nothing close to an arena.

Every class had hard counters.

Class balance was based on groups of 8.

> @"Diesel Stelar.3709" said:

> noone says a word about the boom ranger, who doesn't even need an amulet with healing power to get at the end of the game 500k dps + 300k healing(I know since I've tried this build), disengages from fights at will by flying in/out and again yesterday somehow I got hit by axe 3 of ranger(wintersbite) for 9.7k dmg...what is that??? Practically pvp has become into install kill or unkillable spam of meta builds, taking all the fun away. Before I was annoyed getting into a fight with a necro, now I'm relieved it's not another mes/holo/boom ranger/good spiritbreaker or guard with their infinite blocks. I won't even start with revenant, since he has 1 viable build since his release over 3 years ago and 4 unusable legendaries with no sync at all. I wonder does anet need to release expansion, so rev gets another weapon to give him some versatility or show a little bit of love towards that class.

Every class has different strengths. And while you point at other classes strengths you completely ignore mesmers.

It's difficult to even hit a mesmer who has clones up, is changing positions with clones, going stealth multiple times and practically evade spams.

But you have a problem with Soulbeasts? BTW its called boon, not boom ...although I like the freudian slip.

I play something similar to a boon build and most of the healing is to myself, just trying to stay alive.

You make it out to be like its a Healing Firebrand with a Zerk Ranger damage. It's not.

Those numbers are absolutely ridiculous. I don't care what you 'say' you've played, its horse shit.

Yeah I can fly in with Owl and fly out with owl as well as sword 2, double leap.

I can also get interrupted mid flight, which happens.

> > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > > > > > @"steveraptor.9603" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Aza.2105" said:

> > > > > > > > > > GW2 is highly polarized. Dodge or Die. If you don't you are dead in a millisecond.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Dodge and die you mean...

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Cant even rally without instantly going back down without a chance to press a single skill

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Were you typing when you rallied? If not, you totally can pull off a dodge or even cast a few abilities. Pushing the BS button on this one mate.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > @"gw niko.1049" said:

> > > > > > > > > Most of you don´t know how the game was like the first year. You would feel the difference. Todays combat I consider a spamm nothing more.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I have played all six years, engaging in PvP from the start. I didn't like PvP at first. I think they really added some things that helped PvP advance a bit, but they've also neglected it enough to where it's limping along and just needs one good shove to be dead. I personally don't think PvP is a spam-fest, but I respect your opinion there. (I like fast-paced games, and when GW2 launched, it was nothing if not fast-paced).

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I played the game since its open beta and been doing plenty of Spvp back in the days.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It was nothing like today. there were no 3-button classes that delete you in 3 seconds, there were no elite specs.

> > > > > > > You had to work for your kills and this is when I had the most of my enjoyment in spvp.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > pvp gone to kitten with the introduction of e-specs and some questionable balance decisions by anet.

> > > > > > > "Thoughtful play" was gone out of the window, now you have BS like holos and DEs (Which turned thief players, one of the most reputable PVP classes at the start into 10 iq degenerates that resembles nothing of the skill required to play a thief class).

> > > > > > > Holo...Soul beast..., 3-4 buttons insta gib burst classes...dodge or die...some cases dodge and die.

> > > > > > > Then you have Mirage....

> > > > > > > In addition to this, some classes come with over-tuned healing, some with over-tuned damage, some of them with mobility and some with everything.. the balance is all over the place.

> > > > > > > There was nothing like this in 2012, there was nothing like "bunker" builds or "burst builds" that vaporize you in 3 seconds or annoying kitten like this, the closest thing you had to a "bunker build" was a turret engi....

> > > > > > > There were no passive defenses, you had to play chess with your opponent and use your skills wisely instead of face-slamming the keyboard today and having so many passive defenses that the game plays itself on some classes.

> > > > > > > Fights felt fair, and when you died, it was because you were out-played, not because you got cheesed.

> > > > > > > Look at the meta, its all E-specs everywhere, and nearly all of them have atrocious pvp balance and their mechanics blew everything that was good about spvp apart.

> > > > > > > This was obviously a business strategy by Anet, it is not the first time devs in non-sub MMOs create imbalance on purpose to encourage people to buy expansions, get the E-specs and stay in the meta, trashing nearly all core specs in the process..

> > > > > > > E-specs were designed around PvE and not PvP, its as clear as day, and i truly hope so, because otherwise this means that anet pvp devs have no idea what they are doing.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > This is a point of no return now, Anet will never dramatically overhaul E-specs or change them, they went down this idiotic road and thats what we have today and will continue to have for the years to come, sadly.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Please tell me more about the three buttons a Holosmith uses to kill somebody who knows what a holo is.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That’s just L2P, sorry mate.

> > > > >

> > > > > Congratulations on successfully ignoring his whole point and premise just to say that...

> > > > >

> > > > > It is funny you say learn to play when he basically said you dont have too with elite specs due to the nature of core specs being more about skillful play rather than button mashing.

> > > > >

> > > > > So you shoulda said L2buttonmash better

> > > >

> > > > Dude I like you but I shouldn’t need to read 14 paragraphs to get the picture.

> > > >

> > > > I also don’t agree with his point that elite specs are the issue. There’s small balance problems here and there but overall, the game is fairly balanced. Mirages included. Anybody who says Holo is a 1-hit class is inexperienced.

> > > >

> > > > Anybody who says it needs shaves is correct, but at least realize why, which isn’t because of their 1v1 potential, it’s because of their ability to do all roles well. I could provide a list of shaves, but none address the “1-hit” or “3-hit” or whatever the cool kids are calling it today, because holo doesn’t do that lol.

> > > >

> > > > Edit: this comment brought to you by somebody who played from release.

> > >

> > > Theres a 1 hit build for holo but its as useful as a zerker staff elementalist lol

> > >

> > > Btw im not agreeing or disagreeing with either of you, my earlier comment was a really bad joke if anything ?

> >

> > I’m wondering if we’re thinking of the same build lol. What one are you referencing?

>

> I didn't know there were others or more or ones known about about but I use Photonic Blasting Module on a Berserker build with Rifle and Elixir S...

> Basically just preheat myself before a fight then Toss Elixir S > HoloGraphic ShockWave > Jump Shot so I take off and land on them. if it's a scourge I'm fighting or need to get in the middle of a lot of AoE then instead of Jump Shot I use Elixir S for a safe nuke delivery then either jump shot out or on them depending on how useful I was.

>

> The build I play is a 1 trick pony, once people see through it and show any signs of focus then I sorta just crumble like a zerker staff ele lmao

>

> > @"Peutrifectus.4830" said:

> > I was watching some 2014 PvP videos last night....

> >

> > struggling to find the words I want...

> >

> > It looked fun.

> > You could see and appreciate the counterplays.

> > It looked fun.

> > 5 man team que... they were laughing with their friends. Not typing kitten in caps.

> > It looked fun.

> > .....

> > Fun.

> >

> > Where did that bit go?

>

> Fun left with team queue when people decided personal rank was more important. Fun will return with Swiss and more frequent At's hopefully, I wasn't a leaderboard player, but it was just fun beating other guilds with your own guild because "Guild Wars" are fun.

>

>

>

We are thinking of different ones! There’s a crazy holo mines build that has 1-shotish potential but crumbles to pressure too.

> @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > > > @"Aza.2105" said:

> > > > > GW2 is highly polarized. Dodge or Die. If you don't you are dead in a millisecond.

> > > >

> > > > Dodge and die you mean...

> > > >

> > > > Cant even rally without instantly going back down without a chance to press a single skill

> > >

> > > Were you typing when you rallied? If not, you totally can pull off a dodge or even cast a few abilities. Pushing the BS button on this one mate.

> > >

> > > > @"gw niko.1049" said:

> > > > Most of you don´t know how the game was like the first year. You would feel the difference. Todays combat I consider a spamm nothing more.

> > > >

> > > I have played all six years, engaging in PvP from the start. I didn't like PvP at first. I think they really added some things that helped PvP advance a bit, but they've also neglected it enough to where it's limping along and just needs one good shove to be dead. I personally don't think PvP is a spam-fest, but I respect your opinion there. (I like fast-paced games, and when GW2 launched, it was nothing if not fast-paced).

> >

> > I played the game since its open beta and been doing plenty of Spvp back in the days.

> >

> > It was nothing like today. there were no 3-button classes that delete you in 3 seconds, there were no elite specs.

> > You had to work for your kills and this is when I had the most of my enjoyment in spvp.

> >

> > pvp gone to kitten with the introduction of e-specs and some questionable balance decisions by anet.

> > "Thoughtful play" was gone out of the window, now you have BS like holos and DEs (Which turned thief players, one of the most reputable PVP classes at the start into 10 iq degenerates that resembles nothing of the skill required to play a thief class).

> > Holo...Soul beast..., 3-4 buttons insta gib burst classes...dodge or die...some cases dodge and die.

> > Then you have Mirage....

> > In addition to this, some classes come with over-tuned healing, some with over-tuned damage, some of them with mobility and some with everything.. the balance is all over the place.

> > There was nothing like this in 2012, there was nothing like "bunker" builds or "burst builds" that vaporize you in 3 seconds or annoying kitten like this, the closest thing you had to a "bunker build" was a turret engi....

> > There were no passive defenses, you had to play chess with your opponent and use your skills wisely instead of face-slamming the keyboard today and having so many passive defenses that the game plays itself on some classes.

> > Fights felt fair, and when you died, it was because you were out-played, not because you got cheesed.

> > Look at the meta, its all E-specs everywhere, and nearly all of them have atrocious pvp balance and their mechanics blew everything that was good about spvp apart.

> > This was obviously a business strategy by Anet, it is not the first time devs in non-sub MMOs create imbalance on purpose to encourage people to buy expansions, get the E-specs and stay in the meta, trashing nearly all core specs in the process..

> > E-specs were designed around PvE and not PvP, its as clear as day, and i truly hope so, because otherwise this means that anet pvp devs have no idea what they are doing.

> >

> > This is a point of no return now, Anet will never dramatically overhaul E-specs or change them, they went down this idiotic road and thats what we have today and will continue to have for the years to come, sadly.

> >

>

> Please tell me more about the three buttons a Holosmith uses to kill somebody who knows what a holo is.

>

> That’s just L2P, sorry mate.

My post was about the degeneration of the pvp combat in gw2, comparing 2012 to today.

It has nothing to do about whats overpowered and whos need a nerf, it compares core spec combat design to e-specs and their design.

If you bothered to read the entire thing, and not go full on the defensive the moment you saw your class's name in the thread, would have avoided your non-relevant comment, mate.

> > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > > > > @"Aza.2105" said:

> > > > > > GW2 is highly polarized. Dodge or Die. If you don't you are dead in a millisecond.

> > > > >

> > > > > Dodge and die you mean...

> > > > >

> > > > > Cant even rally without instantly going back down without a chance to press a single skill

> > > >

> > > > Were you typing when you rallied? If not, you totally can pull off a dodge or even cast a few abilities. Pushing the BS button on this one mate.

> > > >

> > > > > @"gw niko.1049" said:

> > > > > Most of you don´t know how the game was like the first year. You would feel the difference. Todays combat I consider a spamm nothing more.

> > > > >

> > > > I have played all six years, engaging in PvP from the start. I didn't like PvP at first. I think they really added some things that helped PvP advance a bit, but they've also neglected it enough to where it's limping along and just needs one good shove to be dead. I personally don't think PvP is a spam-fest, but I respect your opinion there. (I like fast-paced games, and when GW2 launched, it was nothing if not fast-paced).

> > >

> > > I played the game since its open beta and been doing plenty of Spvp back in the days.

> > >

> > > It was nothing like today. there were no 3-button classes that delete you in 3 seconds, there were no elite specs.

> > > You had to work for your kills and this is when I had the most of my enjoyment in spvp.

> > >

> > > pvp gone to kitten with the introduction of e-specs and some questionable balance decisions by anet.

> > > "Thoughtful play" was gone out of the window, now you have BS like holos and DEs (Which turned thief players, one of the most reputable PVP classes at the start into 10 iq degenerates that resembles nothing of the skill required to play a thief class).

> > > Holo...Soul beast..., 3-4 buttons insta gib burst classes...dodge or die...some cases dodge and die.

> > > Then you have Mirage....

> > > In addition to this, some classes come with over-tuned healing, some with over-tuned damage, some of them with mobility and some with everything.. the balance is all over the place.

> > > There was nothing like this in 2012, there was nothing like "bunker" builds or "burst builds" that vaporize you in 3 seconds or annoying kitten like this, the closest thing you had to a "bunker build" was a turret engi....

> > > There were no passive defenses, you had to play chess with your opponent and use your skills wisely instead of face-slamming the keyboard today and having so many passive defenses that the game plays itself on some classes.

> > > Fights felt fair, and when you died, it was because you were out-played, not because you got cheesed.

> > > Look at the meta, its all E-specs everywhere, and nearly all of them have atrocious pvp balance and their mechanics blew everything that was good about spvp apart.

> > > This was obviously a business strategy by Anet, it is not the first time devs in non-sub MMOs create imbalance on purpose to encourage people to buy expansions, get the E-specs and stay in the meta, trashing nearly all core specs in the process..

> > > E-specs were designed around PvE and not PvP, its as clear as day, and i truly hope so, because otherwise this means that anet pvp devs have no idea what they are doing.

> > >

> > > This is a point of no return now, Anet will never dramatically overhaul E-specs or change them, they went down this idiotic road and thats what we have today and will continue to have for the years to come, sadly.

> > >

> >

> > Please tell me more about the three buttons a Holosmith uses to kill somebody who knows what a holo is.

> >

> > That’s just L2P, sorry mate.

>

> My post was about the degeneration of the pvp combat in gw2, comparing 2012 to today.

> It has nothing to do about whats overpowered and whos need a nerf, it compares core spec combat design to e-specs and their design.

>

> If you bothered to read the entire thing, and not go full on the defensive the moment you saw your class's name in the thread, would have avoided your non-relevant comment, mate.

I read the whole thing. Also addressed it above. If you would have read my comment above, you wouldn’t have even had to respond ;).

> @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > > @"steveraptor.9603" said:

> > > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > > @"Aza.2105" said:

> > > > > > > GW2 is highly polarized. Dodge or Die. If you don't you are dead in a millisecond.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Dodge and die you mean...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Cant even rally without instantly going back down without a chance to press a single skill

> > > > >

> > > > > Were you typing when you rallied? If not, you totally can pull off a dodge or even cast a few abilities. Pushing the BS button on this one mate.

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"gw niko.1049" said:

> > > > > > Most of you don´t know how the game was like the first year. You would feel the difference. Todays combat I consider a spamm nothing more.

> > > > > >

> > > > > I have played all six years, engaging in PvP from the start. I didn't like PvP at first. I think they really added some things that helped PvP advance a bit, but they've also neglected it enough to where it's limping along and just needs one good shove to be dead. I personally don't think PvP is a spam-fest, but I respect your opinion there. (I like fast-paced games, and when GW2 launched, it was nothing if not fast-paced).

> > > >

> > > > I played the game since its open beta and been doing plenty of Spvp back in the days.

> > > >

> > > > It was nothing like today. there were no 3-button classes that delete you in 3 seconds, there were no elite specs.

> > > > You had to work for your kills and this is when I had the most of my enjoyment in spvp.

> > > >

> > > > pvp gone to kitten with the introduction of e-specs and some questionable balance decisions by anet.

> > > > "Thoughtful play" was gone out of the window, now you have BS like holos and DEs (Which turned thief players, one of the most reputable PVP classes at the start into 10 iq degenerates that resembles nothing of the skill required to play a thief class).

> > > > Holo...Soul beast..., 3-4 buttons insta gib burst classes...dodge or die...some cases dodge and die.

> > > > Then you have Mirage....

> > > > In addition to this, some classes come with over-tuned healing, some with over-tuned damage, some of them with mobility and some with everything.. the balance is all over the place.

> > > > There was nothing like this in 2012, there was nothing like "bunker" builds or "burst builds" that vaporize you in 3 seconds or annoying kitten like this, the closest thing you had to a "bunker build" was a turret engi....

> > > > There were no passive defenses, you had to play chess with your opponent and use your skills wisely instead of face-slamming the keyboard today and having so many passive defenses that the game plays itself on some classes.

> > > > Fights felt fair, and when you died, it was because you were out-played, not because you got cheesed.

> > > > Look at the meta, its all E-specs everywhere, and nearly all of them have atrocious pvp balance and their mechanics blew everything that was good about spvp apart.

> > > > This was obviously a business strategy by Anet, it is not the first time devs in non-sub MMOs create imbalance on purpose to encourage people to buy expansions, get the E-specs and stay in the meta, trashing nearly all core specs in the process..

> > > > E-specs were designed around PvE and not PvP, its as clear as day, and i truly hope so, because otherwise this means that anet pvp devs have no idea what they are doing.

> > > >

> > > > This is a point of no return now, Anet will never dramatically overhaul E-specs or change them, they went down this idiotic road and thats what we have today and will continue to have for the years to come, sadly.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Please tell me more about the three buttons a Holosmith uses to kill somebody who knows what a holo is.

> > >

> > > That’s just L2P, sorry mate.

> >

> > My post was about the degeneration of the pvp combat in gw2, comparing 2012 to today.

> > It has nothing to do about whats overpowered and whos need a nerf, it compares core spec combat design to e-specs and their design.

> >

> > If you bothered to read the entire thing, and not go full on the defensive the moment you saw your class's name in the thread, would have avoided your non-relevant comment, mate.

>

> I read the whole thing. Also addressed it above. If you would have read my comment above, you wouldn’t have even had to respond ;).

I only saw the one that starts with "Dude I like you but I shouldn’t need to read 14 paragraphs to get the picture."

Didn't notice anything else relevant.

> > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > > > @"steveraptor.9603" said:

> > > > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Aza.2105" said:

> > > > > > > > GW2 is highly polarized. Dodge or Die. If you don't you are dead in a millisecond.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Dodge and die you mean...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Cant even rally without instantly going back down without a chance to press a single skill

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Were you typing when you rallied? If not, you totally can pull off a dodge or even cast a few abilities. Pushing the BS button on this one mate.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > @"gw niko.1049" said:

> > > > > > > Most of you don´t know how the game was like the first year. You would feel the difference. Todays combat I consider a spamm nothing more.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > I have played all six years, engaging in PvP from the start. I didn't like PvP at first. I think they really added some things that helped PvP advance a bit, but they've also neglected it enough to where it's limping along and just needs one good shove to be dead. I personally don't think PvP is a spam-fest, but I respect your opinion there. (I like fast-paced games, and when GW2 launched, it was nothing if not fast-paced).

> > > > >

> > > > > I played the game since its open beta and been doing plenty of Spvp back in the days.

> > > > >

> > > > > It was nothing like today. there were no 3-button classes that delete you in 3 seconds, there were no elite specs.

> > > > > You had to work for your kills and this is when I had the most of my enjoyment in spvp.

> > > > >

> > > > > pvp gone to kitten with the introduction of e-specs and some questionable balance decisions by anet.

> > > > > "Thoughtful play" was gone out of the window, now you have BS like holos and DEs (Which turned thief players, one of the most reputable PVP classes at the start into 10 iq degenerates that resembles nothing of the skill required to play a thief class).

> > > > > Holo...Soul beast..., 3-4 buttons insta gib burst classes...dodge or die...some cases dodge and die.

> > > > > Then you have Mirage....

> > > > > In addition to this, some classes come with over-tuned healing, some with over-tuned damage, some of them with mobility and some with everything.. the balance is all over the place.

> > > > > There was nothing like this in 2012, there was nothing like "bunker" builds or "burst builds" that vaporize you in 3 seconds or annoying kitten like this, the closest thing you had to a "bunker build" was a turret engi....

> > > > > There were no passive defenses, you had to play chess with your opponent and use your skills wisely instead of face-slamming the keyboard today and having so many passive defenses that the game plays itself on some classes.

> > > > > Fights felt fair, and when you died, it was because you were out-played, not because you got cheesed.

> > > > > Look at the meta, its all E-specs everywhere, and nearly all of them have atrocious pvp balance and their mechanics blew everything that was good about spvp apart.

> > > > > This was obviously a business strategy by Anet, it is not the first time devs in non-sub MMOs create imbalance on purpose to encourage people to buy expansions, get the E-specs and stay in the meta, trashing nearly all core specs in the process..

> > > > > E-specs were designed around PvE and not PvP, its as clear as day, and i truly hope so, because otherwise this means that anet pvp devs have no idea what they are doing.

> > > > >

> > > > > This is a point of no return now, Anet will never dramatically overhaul E-specs or change them, they went down this idiotic road and thats what we have today and will continue to have for the years to come, sadly.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Please tell me more about the three buttons a Holosmith uses to kill somebody who knows what a holo is.

> > > >

> > > > That’s just L2P, sorry mate.

> > >

> > > My post was about the degeneration of the pvp combat in gw2, comparing 2012 to today.

> > > It has nothing to do about whats overpowered and whos need a nerf, it compares core spec combat design to e-specs and their design.

> > >

> > > If you bothered to read the entire thing, and not go full on the defensive the moment you saw your class's name in the thread, would have avoided your non-relevant comment, mate.

> >

> > I read the whole thing. Also addressed it above. If you would have read my comment above, you wouldn’t have even had to respond ;).

>

> I only saw the one that starts with "Dude I like you but I shouldn’t need to read 14 paragraphs to get the picture."

> Didn't notice anything else relevant.

Lemme provide it to you.. In case you still don’t think it’s relevant, I disagree with you, and I’ve played just as long.

“I also don’t agree with his point that elite specs are the issue. There’s small balance problems here and there but overall, the game is fairly balanced. Mirages included. Anybody who says Holo is a 1-hit class is inexperienced.

Anybody who says it needs shaves is correct, but at least realize why, which isn’t because of their 1v1 potential, it’s because of their ability to do all roles well. I could provide a list of shaves, but none address the “1-hit” or “3-hit” or whatever the cool kids are calling it today, because holo doesn’t do that lol.

Edit: this comment brought to you by somebody who played from release.”

Solution I’ve come to is not care so much, and do ONLY the things that you explicitly find fun and enjoy.

A-net frequently does not do enough that needs to be done, or takes them way to long to do so.

So why should I stress myself out by overly caring?

Credit where it’s due: a lot of people complain about balance, but we’ve progressed a decent amount away from “only 4 of the same apex predator build” per team, and have much more diversity for what is effective. (although rip builds currently underperforming.)

> @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > @"Diesel Stelar.3709" said:

> > noone says a word about the boom ranger, who doesn't even need an amulet with healing power to get at the end of the game 500k dps + 300k healing(I know since I've tried this build), disengages from fights at will by flying in/out and again yesterday somehow I got hit by axe 3 of ranger(wintersbite) for 9.7k dmg...what is that??? Practically pvp has become into install kill or unkillable spam of meta builds, taking all the fun away. Before I was annoyed getting into a fight with a necro, now I'm relieved it's not another mes/holo/boom ranger/good spiritbreaker or guard with their infinite blocks. I won't even start with revenant, since he has 1 viable build since his release over 3 years ago and 4 unusable legendaries with no sync at all. I wonder does anet need to release expansion, so rev gets another weapon to give him some versatility or show a little bit of love towards that class.

>

> Every class has different strengths. And while you point at other classes strengths you completely ignore mesmers.

>

> It's difficult to even hit a mesmer who has clones up, is changing positions with clones, going stealth multiple times and practically evade spams.

> But you have a problem with Soulbeasts? BTW its called boon, not boom ...although I like the freudian slip.

>

> I play something similar to a boon build and most of the healing is to myself, just trying to stay alive.

> You make it out to be like its a Healing Firebrand with a Zerk Ranger damage. It's not.

> Those numbers are absolutely ridiculous. I don't care what you 'say' you've played, its horse kitten.

>

> Yeah I can fly in with Owl and fly out with owl as well as sword 2, double leap.

> I can also get interrupted mid flight, which happens.

>

>

I took the name from watching a streamer, I think it was Birdi, who is main ranger and last time I checked n1 on Eu servers(I could have misheared him, also possibility) The guy was ending regulary with 450/250-300k and I've tried the build on a way lower plat 1 level, where the build is even more effective. Tell me how balanced is the fact when you pop quickening zhephir, one wolf pack and axe 5, you make insane numbers of dmg to anyone within 180 radius. The cds of owl skills are way too low and even if the ranger gets a bit cornered, he switches to the smoke pet->smoke screen, soulbeast 2 and by then troll unguent + sword dodges are recharged, so he can buy himself just a few more seconds to switch back to owl and fly away. Fact is the cds on this build are very low and in the hands of a competent ranger becomes nearly unkillable even vs 2.

I am not defending mesmers and saying they are fine. I just gave an example from a daily tour, where I played mes. My goal was to show the bigger picture that the overall gameplay in pvp is completely unenjoyable. Either you play an instagib or a build, that is just not worth the time and effort to even duel.

edit: @gw niko.1049

Yeah, I play pvp since day 1 and back in the day, the biggest problem of all was a thief backstabing them for 7k dmg. True, for a time he could double cloack, double backstab, but everything else seemed fine as I remember. Warriors with hammers for ccs, guards for team boons, thief for the dmg, necro for corrupting boons and slow condi pressure, power mes was fine, ranger 1v1 builds with sword/torch, Engies with their turrets resembling ritualists from gw1, but not too annoying.. only eles always had some awkward role in pvp. I mean Anet should demand their pvp devs to dedicate one day and watch the monthly tournament, then some videos on youtube from 2012-2014 and ask themselves where did it all go wrong. Self reflection is important in any long term project in any profession to make correct choices or to actually make a plan of development and end goals.

> @"Airdive.2613" said:

>

> > ranger 1v1 builds with sword/torch

>

> Ranger's sword was literally unplayable before the autoattack rework, my man.

Sword was never and still isn't a source of reliable dmg, the source was the burning from torch and you needed the sword for a melee fight and dodges, as you still do. Pretty minor thing to hang on from all that I said.

> @"Diesel Stelar.3709" said:

> > @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > > @"Diesel Stelar.3709" said:

> > > noone says a word about the boom ranger, who doesn't even need an amulet with healing power to get at the end of the game 500k dps + 300k healing(I know since I've tried this build), disengages from fights at will by flying in/out and again yesterday somehow I got hit by axe 3 of ranger(wintersbite) for 9.7k dmg...what is that??? Practically pvp has become into install kill or unkillable spam of meta builds, taking all the fun away. Before I was annoyed getting into a fight with a necro, now I'm relieved it's not another mes/holo/boom ranger/good spiritbreaker or guard with their infinite blocks. I won't even start with revenant, since he has 1 viable build since his release over 3 years ago and 4 unusable legendaries with no sync at all. I wonder does anet need to release expansion, so rev gets another weapon to give him some versatility or show a little bit of love towards that class.

> >

> > Every class has different strengths. And while you point at other classes strengths you completely ignore mesmers.

> >

> > It's difficult to even hit a mesmer who has clones up, is changing positions with clones, going stealth multiple times and practically evade spams.

> > But you have a problem with Soulbeasts? BTW its called boon, not boom ...although I like the freudian slip.

> >

> > I play something similar to a boon build and most of the healing is to myself, just trying to stay alive.

> > You make it out to be like its a Healing Firebrand with a Zerk Ranger damage. It's not.

> > Those numbers are absolutely ridiculous. I don't care what you 'say' you've played, its horse kitten.

> >

> > Yeah I can fly in with Owl and fly out with owl as well as sword 2, double leap.

> > I can also get interrupted mid flight, which happens.

> >

> >

>

> I took the name from watching a streamer, I think it was Birdi, who is main ranger and last time I checked n1 on Eu servers(I could have misheared him, also possibility) The guy was ending regulary with 450/250-300k and I've tried the build on a way lower plat 1 level, where the build is even more effective. Tell me how balanced is the fact when you pop quickening zhephir, one wolf pack and axe 5, you make insane numbers of dmg to anyone within 180 radius. The cds of owl skills are way too low and even if the ranger gets a bit cornered, he switches to the smoke pet->smoke screen, soulbeast 2 and by then troll unguent + sword dodges are recharged, so he can buy himself just a few more seconds to switch back to owl and fly away. Fact is the cds on this build are very low and in the hands of a competent ranger becomes nearly unkillable even vs 2.

>

> I am not defending mesmers and saying they are fine. I just gave an example from a daily tour, where I played mes. My goal was to show the bigger picture that the overall gameplay in pvp is completely unenjoyable. Either you play an instagib or a build, that is just not worth the time and effort to even duel.

>

> edit: @gw niko.1049

> Yeah, I play pvp since day 1 and back in the day, the biggest problem of all was a thief backstabing them for 7k dmg. True, for a time he could double cloack, double backstab, but everything else seemed fine as I remember. Warriors with hammers for ccs, guards for team boons, thief for the dmg, necro for corrupting boons and slow condi pressure, power mes was fine, ranger 1v1 builds with sword/torch, Engies with their turrets resembling ritualists from gw1, but not too annoying.. only eles always had some awkward role in pvp. I mean Anet should demand their pvp devs to dedicate one day and watch the monthly tournament, then some videos on youtube from 2012-2014 and ask themselves where did it all go wrong. Self reflection is important in any long term project in any profession to make correct choices or to actually make a plan of development and end goals.

I don't see dmg numbers like that Running paladins and Leadership. I play a build that harasses far against 2 hopefully, possibly 3 temporarily if the players are dumb enough to try and focus me. I guess you could call the build I run, a build that is "not worth dueling". And I got the build from a plat 1 / Plat 2 player. He put up gameplay and his dmg was nothing amazing.

We disagree heavily, on what you consider the word "competent" to mean. If someone, like the guy you mentioned, can pull of the build you are talking about with 450k dmg and 250-300 k healing, there is a reason that guy is ranked so high. He could do well on any build and he is at a lvl of play much higher than "competent."

That is, uncommon.

But I agree with you In that "Either you play an instagib or a build that is not worth the time and effort to duel."

> @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > > @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > > > @"Diesel Stelar.3709" said:

> > > > noone says a word about the boom ranger, who doesn't even need an amulet with healing power to get at the end of the game 500k dps + 300k healing(I know since I've tried this build), disengages from fights at will by flying in/out and again yesterday somehow I got hit by axe 3 of ranger(wintersbite) for 9.7k dmg...what is that??? Practically pvp has become into install kill or unkillable spam of meta builds, taking all the fun away. Before I was annoyed getting into a fight with a necro, now I'm relieved it's not another mes/holo/boom ranger/good spiritbreaker or guard with their infinite blocks. I won't even start with revenant, since he has 1 viable build since his release over 3 years ago and 4 unusable legendaries with no sync at all. I wonder does anet need to release expansion, so rev gets another weapon to give him some versatility or show a little bit of love towards that class.

> > >

> > > Every class has different strengths. And while you point at other classes strengths you completely ignore mesmers.

> > >

> > > It's difficult to even hit a mesmer who has clones up, is changing positions with clones, going stealth multiple times and practically evade spams.

> > > But you have a problem with Soulbeasts? BTW its called boon, not boom ...although I like the freudian slip.

> > >

> > > I play something similar to a boon build and most of the healing is to myself, just trying to stay alive.

> > > You make it out to be like its a Healing Firebrand with a Zerk Ranger damage. It's not.

> > > Those numbers are absolutely ridiculous. I don't care what you 'say' you've played, its horse kitten.

> > >

> > > Yeah I can fly in with Owl and fly out with owl as well as sword 2, double leap.

> > > I can also get interrupted mid flight, which happens.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I took the name from watching a streamer, I think it was Birdi, who is main ranger and last time I checked n1 on Eu servers(I could have misheared him, also possibility) The guy was ending regulary with 450/250-300k and I've tried the build on a way lower plat 1 level, where the build is even more effective. Tell me how balanced is the fact when you pop quickening zhephir, one wolf pack and axe 5, you make insane numbers of dmg to anyone within 180 radius. The cds of owl skills are way too low and even if the ranger gets a bit cornered, he switches to the smoke pet->smoke screen, soulbeast 2 and by then troll unguent + sword dodges are recharged, so he can buy himself just a few more seconds to switch back to owl and fly away. Fact is the cds on this build are very low and in the hands of a competent ranger becomes nearly unkillable even vs 2.

> >

> > I am not defending mesmers and saying they are fine. I just gave an example from a daily tour, where I played mes. My goal was to show the bigger picture that the overall gameplay in pvp is completely unenjoyable. Either you play an instagib or a build, that is just not worth the time and effort to even duel.

> >

> > edit: @gw niko.1049

> > Yeah, I play pvp since day 1 and back in the day, the biggest problem of all was a thief backstabing them for 7k dmg. True, for a time he could double cloack, double backstab, but everything else seemed fine as I remember. Warriors with hammers for ccs, guards for team boons, thief for the dmg, necro for corrupting boons and slow condi pressure, power mes was fine, ranger 1v1 builds with sword/torch, Engies with their turrets resembling ritualists from gw1, but not too annoying.. only eles always had some awkward role in pvp. I mean Anet should demand their pvp devs to dedicate one day and watch the monthly tournament, then some videos on youtube from 2012-2014 and ask themselves where did it all go wrong. Self reflection is important in any long term project in any profession to make correct choices or to actually make a plan of development and end goals.

>

> I don't see dmg numbers like that Running paladins and Leadership. I play a build that harasses far against 2 hopefully, possibly 3 temporarily if the players are dumb enough to try and focus me. I guess you could call the build I run, a build that is "not worth dueling". And I got the build from a plat 1 / Plat 2 player. He put up gameplay and his dmg was nothing amazing.

>

> We disagree heavily, on what you consider the word "competent" to mean. If someone, like the guy you mentioned, can pull of the build you are talking about with 450k dmg and 250-300 k healing, there is a reason that guy is ranked so high. He could do well on any build and he is at a lvl of play much higher than "competent."

> That is, uncommon.

>

> But I agree with you In that "Either you play an instagib or a build that is not worth the time and effort to duel."

>

>

Just to clarify, under competent I mean a player with main class who averages on season high p1 to mid plat 3. Top players on any class are where they are supposed to be Top 25/50 overall or so. Saying Top 50 because there are quite a few top players playing from different accounts and getting them in this ranking chart.

Otherwise you just proved my point, by saying you go far against 2 **HOPEFULLY **and if you are lucky and they are dumb a **THIRD** guy. Back in the day it was impossible a single guy to hold vs 2, no matter how good he is(also talking about similar ranking not 1 plat 3 vs 2 bronze). The streamer I mentioned said that he actually really plays core ranger(and he gets high with core, because obviously being good) but maintains his mmr with boon ranger, because it's straight up bullshit op. If you focus more on teamfighting and try to pop off the combo I mentioned zephir+wolf pack+axe 5 you will get those numbers, I'm sure.

In GW 1 every class had a unique purpose, in GW2 there wasn't a healer and everyone had ok sustain, so they don't just instadie from first engagement. After HoT and PoF every single freaking class teleports, runs like Speedy Gonzalez, can do absurd numbers of dmg with a certain build or becomes unkillable. I feel they made since HoT all these changes, because of WvW, because people were complaining they weren't getting enough "action". Have you seen the stream of a "GvG" tour a few months back. It was like 15/20 vs 15/20 stacking like a wvw blob and running each other over like trains. No strategy, no objectives, nothing. Straight up head to head train vs train, whoever gets their skills earlier wins. Instead of giving each class everything, they could have just tried to integrate invoice like any other modern normal multiplayer game, so in arenas we could coordinate and execute. It would have been way more fun to fight, knowing your class had a unique purpose in a teamfight and you can really do your best by communicating with integrated voice chat. The GW2 community is much more mature than any other current multiplayer game and yet we don't even get the chance to coordinate.