[Suggestion] Wardrobe Tabs

The wardrobe system we have is really a nice upgrade of the old system. But I think there is room for improvement. As a roleplayer, I like to have my chars dressed accordingly to the region they're exploring. Furs and covering clothes for the shiverpeaks, more casual dress when in a city, less cloths in elona or at least not with fur or lots of metal, dressing up for halloween...

And even if I don't roleplay, I like having a lots of different looks. I don't think I'm the only one playing the Fashion Wars.

When you start having a lot of different looks, it gets a little out of hand with all the back and forth transmuting, sometimes loosing a nice look I had previsouly (yeah I take screenshots, when I remember to...) or having lots of different armors in your inventory for different occasions, etc etc. So I searched for a potential way to have more flexibility with the wardrobe. The idea isn't new, I think Lotro had something similar and Swtor too. But to be interesting for players AND arenanet, it may need some tweeks.

So instead of having just a wardrobe, you could unlock wardrobe tabs. The first would be free and the next ones would increase in price. 200 gems the second tab, 400 the third, etc with a maximum reasonable price, maybe 800.

And in each tab, you still need transmutation stones to get a specific look on your armor. The tabs would work the same way as the wardrobe now. But once you defined your tabs an paid the price, you can switch your looks freely without changing armor.

This would enable us to have more looks on one char and Arenanet could monetize on tabs and on (more) stones.

What do you think?

PS: I looked for a similar suggestion but didn't find one, sorry if I missed it.

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> this can even be expanded, what if you have armor slots that saves your entire armor, not just looks.

> that way you can buy multiple armors, transmute them and switch to them at any time without having to equip them one at the time.

That would be nice but more expensive in terms of armors (if you want to have ascended equipped all the time...). But I owuld be ok with something like that too :)

> @"SnowHawk.3615" said:

> they had loadouts in gw1- i hope that something what u describe will be added at some point. so i dont have to carry around that many armor pieces/weapons

Exactly. I had to get rid of some armors I was carrying. Took me to much place...

Yes yes yes! It annoys me to see people walking in fur in the jungle or human adventurers half-naked in the snow!

I'd live special weapons for occasions too. My ranger used the big heavy sword to look tough in front of Norn. Can't it just switch automatically?

Even my builds work accordingly. My sylvari necromancer used minions in Orr but entangle in the jungle, fighting Mordremoth! Why can't we save builds???

I have over a dozen different mix 'n' match armor sets clogging up my main character's inventory so that I can visiting different regions appropriately garbbed. (_What else am I supposed to do with my money? I find most Legendaries a little too ugly and a lot too Vegas-y_). Each armor set includes it's own weapons, miniatures, and now even different _hairstyles_ since I finally got my hairstyle contract =) . So anything that makes changing quicker and inventories less crowded is good in my book.

It would also be nice to quick-change SPECIALIZATIONS along with armors for a quick build-swap.