Can I use Autoclicker to prevent disconnection for AFK?

valcer.6420

Hello, as the title says. Is it legal to use autoclicker to prevent disconnection for being afk for the purpose to anchor another instance of a map for faster farming. Example in Domain of istan, i want to help my squad by holding the other IP of map by staying there and being afk. Ill use autoclicker so that i have movements keys in games.

Unfortunately, anet is against such things like macros - which are totally normal in other games. In WoW you even can write your own macro IN-GAME. I mean how awesome is that. Anyway, don't know why. It wasn't even allowed to use one single stroke autoclicker to open bags (before you just could write click and open all).

> @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> Unfortunately, anet is against such things like macros - which are totally normal in other games. In WoW you even can write your own macro IN-GAME. I mean how awesome is that. Anyway, don't know why. It wasn't even allowed to use one single stroke autoclicker to open bags (before you just could write click and open all).

It's to prevent things like the OP is suggesting - holding open a map instance that would normally be closed so a group can use it for faster farming.

And because it's easier for everyone if they say macros are not allowed than if they try to make a distinction between macros and botting, because a basic bot is just a long macro. As long as you know where the enemies/nodes you want to farm appear and the timing and path between them it's very simple to set up a macro to automate the process of farming them.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> > Unfortunately, anet is against such things like macros - which are totally normal in other games. In WoW you even can write your own macro IN-GAME. I mean how awesome is that. Anyway, don't know why. It wasn't even allowed to use one single stroke autoclicker to open bags (before you just could write click and open all).

>

> It's to prevent things like the OP is suggesting - holding open a map instance that would normally be closed so a group can use it for faster farming.

>

> And because it's easier for everyone if they say macros are not allowed than if they try to make a distinction between macros and botting, because a basic bot is just a long macro. As long as you know where the enemies/nodes you want to farm appear and the timing and path between them it's very simple to set up a macro to automate the process of farming them.

I understand these arguments. It would be hard to differ what's allowed and what not. Still, macros for skills would be nice as some of the rotations are rather hard. That said it wouldn't be working anyways since we have a boon called Alacrity which makes tracking of cooldowns etc. rather complex - especially on engineer and elementalist.

> @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> Doesn't autorun work?

It doesn't. However if the game teleports you, then it works, like in Winter Wonderland where if you keep autorunning off the edge, it teleports you back to spawn. I can't think of a place outside Winter Wonderland where you can do this though.

> @"xiiliea.9356" said:

> > @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > Doesn't autorun work?

>

> It doesn't. However if the game teleports you, then it works, like in Winter Wonderland where if you keep autorunning off the edge, it teleports you back to spawn. I can't think of a place outside Winter Wonderland where you can do this though.

Maybe the "strong current" at the edge of water maps?

Mind you, Anet *may* consider circumventing the afk timer an exploit.

> @"phs.6089" said:

> pffft, use /dance juts like pvp idlers do

Don't know where that is supposed to work. It seemed unrealistic to me so I just now entered a custom arena, captured a point and then used /dance. As expected, it did not prevent the automatical idle disconnect after a minute or two. As it doesn't work in PvP, it probably also doesn't work in PvE.