Which weapon would you like to get next?

Amaranthe.3578

> @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > @"phokus.8934" said:

> > > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > We're due for an offhand or a two hander, I'd love a dagger OH.

> >

> > We had shield so what makes Mesmer's due for one?

>

> The fact that we got a main hand this expansion?

But we still haven't got a 2H.

> @"Levetty.1279" said:

> > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > @"phokus.8934" said:

> > > > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > > We're due for an offhand or a two hander, I'd love a dagger OH.

> > >

> > > We had shield so what makes Mesmer's due for one?

> >

> > The fact that we got a main hand this expansion?

>

> But we still haven't got a 2H.

Hence, the two hander suggestion. My personal wish is OH dagger.

> @"Arlette.9684" said:

> We're due for an offhand or a two hander, I'd love a dagger OH.

And spend another 2+ years whacking things with a sword? Gods no.

Besides, I can't think what they could do with an OH that is not covered by our current toolkit already. Only thing would be mobility, but you can't compete with mirage on that.

> @"RabbitUp.8294" said:

> > We're due for an offhand or a two hander, I'd love a dagger OH.

>

> And spend another 2+ years whacking things with a sword? Gods no.

>

> Besides, I can't think what they could do with an OH that is not covered by our current toolkit already. Only thing would be mobility, but you can't compete with mirage on that.

You make a fine point. Furthermore the more I think about it, we only have access to two 2h weaps (Staff and GS) so us getting a new 2H just seems natural. I am gonna go ahead and throw it out there from now. I think it will be a power based spec with moderate support for close combat. Hammer sounds like the most logical choice since both Staff and GS are 1200 range (regardless of how useful they are at that range) weapons. I just don't see how they'll fit it in the class theme. Unless maybe Spear becomes a weapon?

A two-hand or OH, so we get another phantasm, except this one should do something so cool you’d think ‘*wow this would be great with chronophantasma!*’ before realising cross-elites specs are not possible. And phantasms can be sad sometimes.

Obliged to go with MH pistol, but also thinking that AoE/cleave options are horribly lacking atm.

> @"OriOri.8724" said:

> Shortbow! Tied for least used weapon in the game (which means it should be used in more elite specs imo), we need a solid mid-range 2h weapon (gs and staff are both long range), we need a solid midrange weapon that doesn't have to be all condi focused like scepter

My only concern with bows and rifles, how do you fit them in the class/e-spec theme?

> @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > @"OriOri.8724" said:

> > Shortbow! Tied for least used weapon in the game (which means it should be used in more elite specs imo), we need a solid mid-range 2h weapon (gs and staff are both long range), we need a solid midrange weapon that doesn't have to be all condi focused like scepter

>

> My only concern with bows and rifles, how do you fit them in the class/e-spec theme?

You could fit any weapon for any theme

bow/rifle could fire "time-space" ripping projectiles or something

> @"OriOri.8724" said:

> Shortbow! Tied for least used weapon in the game (which means it should be used in more elite specs imo), we need a solid mid-range 2h weapon (gs and staff are both long range), we need a solid midrange weapon that doesn't have to be all condi focused like scepter

Care about the melee short-bow :p

> @"Amaranthe.3578" said:

> > > @"OriOri.8724" said:

> > > Shortbow! Tied for least used weapon in the game (which means it should be used in more elite specs imo), we need a solid mid-range 2h weapon (gs and staff are both long range), we need a solid midrange weapon that doesn't have to be all condi focused like scepter

> >

> > My only concern with bows and rifles, how do you fit them in the class/e-spec theme?

>

> You could fit any weapon for any theme

> bow/rifle could fire "time-space" ripping projectiles or something

A fine point indeed! Carry on.

> @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > @"OriOri.8724" said:

> > Shortbow! Tied for least used weapon in the game (which means it should be used in more elite specs imo), we need a solid mid-range 2h weapon (gs and staff are both long range), we need a solid midrange weapon that doesn't have to be all condi focused like scepter

>

> My only concern with bows and rifles, how do you fit them in the class/e-spec theme?

Without designing an entire weapon set, I would just counter with "look at the greatsword".

Anet has shown an amazing ability to make any weapon in the game fit with any profession, and I trust them to do shortbow for mesmer well if they decide to do it.

• 2 weeks later...